We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
If you’re going to Disneyland in January, here’s your guide to planning a magical trip to the Happiest Place on Earth from the Disneyland experts.
Updated for 2018!
Disneyland in January
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Tickets are often your biggest expense, besides the travel associated with getting to the park itself. Get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
What’s New at Disneyland in January
- Disneyland Resort’s holiday festivities and decor wrap up on January 7, 2018. If you’re hoping to see Sleeping Beauty Castle all decked out in holiday glitter, be sure to head to the parks in early January.
- “it’s a small world” Holiday continues into late January this year. Seasonal FASTPASS may be available.
- All runDisney events at Disneyland Resort will be on hold in 2018 and until further notice.
- Disneyland After Dark debuts January 18th. This extra ticketed event will run late into the night on select nights this winter.
- Lots of changes over at California Adventure as Paradise Pier turns into Pixar Pier.
- Lunar New Year returns January 26 to February 18, celebrating the Year of the Dog.
Disneyland in January Park Plans
Don’t stress over Disneyland, let us plan your day in the parks for you and skip most of the waiting often associated with Disneyland.
Buy your ready-to-go itinerary for $7 complete with convenient ready-to-print files to take with you on your trip.
Disneyland Classics Touring Plan at Disneyland Park (featuring the classic attractions of Disneyland Park)
Disneyland Storybook Touring Plan at Disneyland Park (kid-friendly and kid-focused touring plan)
Princess Touring Plan at Disneyland Park (a Princess lover’s dream come true)
Thrill Seekers at Disneyland Park (roller coasters and thrills to explore)
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Save your spot for a limited number of VIP Custom Park Plans with plans made specifically for your group, date, interests and more.
Disneyland in January Closures
Disneyland ride closures fluctuate quite a bit during the slower season. Some rides might not be closed the entire month and sometimes there is no notice for closures. Be sure to check out the official Disneyland app for closures during your visit.
- California Screamin’ (closed permanently, see Pixar Fest for details)
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant (1/8-early spring when it reopens with a new shaded queue)
- Grizzly River Run (1/8-TBA)
- Haunted Mansion (1/8-TBA)
- Main Street Vehicles (1/8-late winter as Main Street’s horse drawn street car track will be replaced in its entirety)
- Mickey’s Fun Wheel (1/8-TBA)
- Splash Mountain (1/2-TBA)
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail (1/2-TBA)
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.