We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Do you want to see Disney MaxPass in action? Here’s what to know to hit the ground running on your first day at Disneyland Resort using Disney MaxPass.
Disney MaxPass in Action: FASTPASS vs Disney MaxPass
- If you’ve never been to Disneyland or it’s been a long time, read up first on how the original FASTPASS system works.
- New to Disney MaxPass? You’ll want to hop over to our introductory lesson on all things FASTPASS and Disney MaxPass before you continue here.
It’s all good, this will be right here when you get back.
Disney MaxPass in Action: Download the Disneyland App
Now that you’re familiar with FASTPASS itself and Disney MaxPass, you must complete the first step for using Disney MaxPass.
- Download the official Disneyland App
- Create an account
- Add your discount ticket information (if available at this time)
- Add your credit card information
Disney MaxPass in Action: Opening Disneyland
You won’t be able to play around with Disney MaxPass until you actually walk through the park gates, but this guide will help you get comfortable with the system before you arrive.
The first time I set out to use Disney MaxPass, I already had a pretty good understanding of the digital FASTPASS system. I had a few meetings sprinkled throughout my day but still wanted to get on some of my favorite attractions.
Here’s how my day with Disney MaxPass went down:
- 7:40am Enter Disneyland Park for rope drop and official park opening at 8:00am. Once inside Disneyland Park, purchase Disney MaxPass via Disneyland app.
- 7:45am Select “get FASTPASS with Disney MaxPass” and choose which park you’d like to secure a FASTPASS for. My first pick was Space Mountain.
- 8:10am Ride Space Mountain with MaxPass, secure FASTPASS for Star Tours as soon as Space Mountain park ticket is scanned at FASTPASS entrance.
- 8:20am Snap a picture of Space Mountain photo to attach to PhotoPass later on.
- 8:30am Secure FASTPASS for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, walk around, take some pictures.
- 8:50am Ride Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, secure FASTPASS for Star Tours as soon as park ticket is scanned at FASTPASS entrance.
- 9:05 Ride Star Tours, secure FASTPASS for Indiana Jones Adventure as soon as park ticket is scanned at FASTPASS entrance. This is what it looks like when you choose a ride, the FASTPASS return time is displayed and you tap on the time to proceed.
- Scan this or your park ticket at the FASTPASS entrance.
- 9:25am Meet with Disney media team in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Small talk, some photos and moving on.
- 9:25am Hike up Tarzan’s Treehouse for the awesome view of Disneyland Park and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- 9:40am Ride Indiana Jones Adventure
- 10:00am Hop on Main Street Vehicle at Sleeping Beauty Castle for a trip to the main entrance.
- 10:10am Walk to Grand Legacy At The Park Hotel for marketing meeting.
- 10:30am Snack/breakfast at Jimboy’s Tacos. Tacos at this hour? Born and raised Californian, so I say why not?
- 11:00am During my snack offsite, I secure FASTPASS for Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout. Since it’s for later in the afternoon, I can get another FASTPASS soon. Next on my list? Radiator Springs Racers.
- 12:00noon Now for a real lunch with my friends from The Anaheim Hotel at Downtown Disney’s Jazz Kitchen.
- 2:00pm Ride Radiator Spring Racers, wander around Cars Land.
- 3:00pm Ride Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, secure FASTPASS for Soarin’ Around the World while in line.
- 4:00pm Ride Soarin’ Around the World, secure FASTPASS for Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin while in line.
- 5:00pm Enter Disneyland Park and take the Disneyland Railroad to Mickey’s Toon Town for my last ride of the night.
- 5:30pm Ride Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin and hit the road for Friday night rush hour traffic home.
This example was a light version of using Disney MaxPass. Can you imagine what you could complete in one day if you didn’t have meetings and you didn’t have to leave a dinner? There’s some major advantages to using Disney MaxPass that’s for sure!
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.