We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Is it possible to see Paint the Night, Disneyland fireworks and Fantasmic in ONE night?! It is absolutely possible!
Who wants to see Paint the Night, Disneyland fireworks and Fantasmic in ONE night?! There are many people who visit Disneyland Resort over one day, hopping back and forth between Disneyland Park and California Adventure Park. People will say you’re crazy. I love crazy ;). And while I recommend a minimum of 3 days (you can get discount tickets here for multiple days that are just a teeny bit more than a one day hopper, so why not?), it can be done. Let’s dive into how it’s done.
See Paint the Night, Disneyland fireworks and Fantasmic in ONE night Tickets
First step, you’re gonna need a park hopper ticket. One day tickets cost more per day than any other ticket so be prepared to shell out some cash. If you’re buying a 1 day park hopper, download the Disneyland app and buy right from there. Your ticket will be on your phone in minutes and you simply scan it at the gate. They’ll take your picture and print out a paper ticket for you to use as well.
Remember, you must get a park hopper ticket. Park hopper tickets grant you admission to both Disneyland Park and California Adventure Park on the same day. Since Paint the Night, Disneyland fireworks and Fantasmic are at different parks, you need access to both and only a park hopper ticket can do that.
See Paint the Night, Disneyland fireworks and Fantasmic in ONE night: Order of events
During this one crazy night, you will see the following entertainment in this order:
- Paint the night Parade at California Adventure Park
- Disneyland fireworks at Disneyland Park
- Fantasmic at Disneyland Park
Note that the schedule comes out 6 weeks in advance and you must make sure ALL events are scheduled that night AND be sure Fantasmic has TWO showings, because you’re going to the later one. This plan is obviously impossible if all 3 are not on the entertainment calendar. Also, if it’s 4th of July or some other busy night, this might be a little harder to accomplish.
See Paint the Night, Disneyland fireworks and Fantasmic in ONE night: Parade Seats
You have two options for watching Paint the Night Parade including:
- Reserved seating with a Paint the Night dining option. Read all about reserved seating for shows, parades and more here.
- Choose a walk-up spot to view Paint the Night parade. This is actually the option I recommend, and I’ve listed out my top spots to watch Paint the Night in this article. Sit by The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure as outlined and you’re golden!
See Paint the Night, Disneyland fireworks and Fantasmic in ONE night: Exit Strategy
As soon as Paint the Night is over- actually even before it’s over, you’re going to make your exit to Disneyland park. Here’s how it works. Enjoy Paint the Night from your seat and as soon as you see Mickey Mouse in the distance, that’s the end of the parade. When he’s in your sight, head out of California Adventure through Grizzly Peak. The walkway to Grizzly Peak is right by your seats, which is why I suggest sitting by The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure as outlined above. You’ll beat the parade, it will still be going and about half way through by the time you get to Buena Vista Street.
See Paint the Night, Disneyland fireworks and Fantasmic in ONE night: Fireworks
Fireworks is standing room only free-for-all. Make your way into Disneyland Park and find a spot, any spot within the ropes will do, on Main Street, U.S.A. If you can get closer to the entrance of Adventureland, that’s even better. Fireworks viewing on Main Street, U.S.A. is one of my favorite places to watch. You’ll see projections on the buildings, Sleeping Beauty castle and the fireworks above.
See Paint the Night, Disneyland fireworks and Fantasmic in ONE night: Fantasmic Seating
You have a few options for watching Fantasmic including:
- Reserved seating with a Fantasmic dining option. Read all about reserved seating for shows, parades and more here.
- I recommend only one reserved seating dining option for tonight. Sure, you could do a reserved dining for Fantasmic about lunch time at Blue Bayou or from Hungry Bear and then do Paint the Night dining reception, but your wallet will be hurting. And it’s totally possible to do without any dining reservations at all.
- If you’re in the area of Fantasmic before noon, check the FASTPASS kiosk and see if they are distributing for the second show. If they are, grab a FASTPASS. This is nice to have but not at all essential. Return to this area after the fireworks.
- If you choose a walk-up spot to view Fantasmic, here’s what you do right after the fireworks. This is actually the option I recommend, because you’re not tied to any reservation or FASTPASS. Get a last minute spot on the bridge just in front of Pirates of the Caribbean and enjoy the show!
I tried out this strategy myself while prepping my Disneyland Plans for a client. It worked flawlessly on both my night and my client’s night. Both of us were solo, so it is definitely harder to do with a large group but not impossible. Would you try seeing Paint the Night, Disneyland fireworks and Fantasmic in ONE night?
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.