We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is an annual event at Disney California Adventure featuring California inspired food and wine, festive marketplaces, culinary demonstrations, along with live music and entertainment. Disneyland Resort provided me with vouchers to taste-test these items.
Food & Wine Festival runs February 28th through April 21, 2020
Disney California Adventure food and wine festival gets bigger and better every year. Now in its 10th year, 2020 is bringing it back big time! Stop by in February 28th through April 21, 2020 to enjoy even more time eating, sipping and relaxing during this spring event at Disneyland Resort. Disneyland Resort provided me with vouchers to taste-test these items.
California Adventure Food & Wine Festival FAQs
My first Food & Wine Festival experience was in 2017 and I was beyond impressed! Considering I don’t drink alcohol, you might wonder what I could find so impressive about this seasonal event. It really brings such a fun, festive vibe to California Adventure with different cuisines, drinks and entertainment options and truly has something everyone can enjoy.
Keep reading for all the details on Food & Wine Festival, running for even longer at Disneyland Resort in 2019. Food & Wine Festival kicks off February 28th through April 21, 2020.
What is Food & Wine Festival at Disneyland Resort?
Disney’s Food & Wine Festival celebrates the cuisines and flavors of California through delicious food, drinks and demonstrations.
While you can find incredible food throughout Disneyland Resort, Disney’s Food & Wine Festival is celebrated at Disney California Adventure Park. Beyond eating food and sipping drinks, there are free culinary demonstrations, crafts and family events, live entertainment and more.
Where is Food & Wine Festival at Disneyland Resort?
Disney’s Food & Wine Festival is celebrated at Disney California Adventure Park, on the pathway that borders Paradise Bay (the water area in front of Pixar Pier) and Paradise Gardens Park. You will find Marketplace kiosks beginning near the entrance to Cars Land lining the path toward Paradise Gardens. There are also additional kiosks in Hollywood Land offering beer, wine and small bites.
How much does Food & Wine cost?
You can stroll through Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival for free with valid theme park admission. Even kids crafts and Jr. Chef events are free.
Food and drinks are an additional cost (find exact prices on the Disneyland app), just like an other food and drinks in the parks. There are some events that require reservations and an additional fee, discussed below. Get discount Disneyland Resort tickets here.
What is a Sip & Savor Pass?
Food & Wine Festival Sip & Savor Pass gives you the opportunity to taste your way through Food & Wine kiosks at your leisure. Choose your favorite food items, Food & Wine desserts or non-alcoholic beverages with the convenience of a pre-paid Sip & Savor Pass. Here’s a behind-the-scene look of me putting together my game plan to try all the food!
You can use your Sip & Savor Pass over multiple days, or anytime during the duration of the festival. Keep reading for pricing information. Not a foodie? No problem, there’s still lots of reasons to visit during Food and Wine Festival.
How much is a Food & Wine Sip & Savor Pass?
Sip & Savor Pass was $54 in 2019 with 8 pre-paid passes which makes each item $6.75 (normal pricing $5-$11+). Annual Passholders will receive a special souvenir lanyard instead in addition to an AP discount of $49 with 8 pre-paid passes which makes each item $6.13 (normal pricing $5-$11+). Buy your Sip & Savor Pass at Festival Welcome Center, Festival Marketplaces, Festival Gifts and Artist Corner, Elias & Co., Seaside Souvenirs, Sip and Savor Cart, Trolley Treats and the Studio Store in Hollywood Land.
What is a Food & Wine Tasting Passport?
The tasting passport you’ve seen on my Facebook page simply outlines each Marketplace’s food and wine offerings, a map, photos and special details. The Tasting Passport is free and helps you keep track of things to try!
When do Food & Wine Marketplace kiosks open?
Food & Wine Marketplace kiosks open daily at 10:30 am through April 23, 2019. Believe me, I was counting down the minutes for 10:30 to arrive each morning.
Bonus tip! Don’t wait in long lines. You can pay at any marketplace (the one with the short line) and bring your receipt to pick up your food at any marketplace kiosk (the one with the long line).
California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Menu
Food and wine really are on the top of everyone’s list when they come to Disney California Adventure’s Food & Wine Festival. You’ll find the parade route lined with various booths, where you can sample small bites and drinks as you wander your way through California Adventure.
If you’re familiar with Festival of Holidays during the holiday season at Disneyland Resort, it’s a similar set up and vibe. Lots of booths to combine different delicious snacks or meals. It’s fun to order a few different things from various booths and because the serving size is smaller, you can sample a lot more cuisines! You’ll also find tables and spots to stop and snack along the route.
NOTE THIS MENU WAS OFFERED IN 2019, CHECK BACK FOR 2020 MENU UPDATES
Food & Wine Festival Menu Berry Patch
- Strawberry & Coconut Rice “Frushi” $5.50 (gluten-free)
- Fresh California Berry Pie $5.75
- Strawberry Float $6.50
Food & Wine Festival Menu LA Style
You’ll find this booth in Hollywood Land, full of LA inspired eats.
- Asian-style Beef Barbacoa Taco with Pickled Ginger $8.00
- BLT Chicharrón Duro with Ranch Crema $7.00
- Tiki Cocktail: Aged Rum, Falernum, Bitters, Lime, and Grapefruit Juices $13.50
Food & Wine Festival Menu Peppers Cali-Ente
- Salmon Peruvian Poke $7.50 (gluten-free)
- Ghost Pepper Mac & Cheese $7.75 I am a huge fan of the ghost pepper mac & cheese pictured above. And I have to tell you, every time the mac & cheese tempts me at these California Adventure festivals and every time I am disappointed. The ghost pepper heat was exactly what’s been missing! Delicious with just enough kick. Total winner.
- Jalapeno-Lime Margarita $13.50
Food & Wine Festival Menu Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit
- Asparagus Chicken Cesar Salad $7.00
- Cauliflower Cerviche $6.25 Wow! I wouldn’t have tried this on my own, but when Disney tells you this a must-try, I listened. Fresh and refreshing, this cerviche reminds me of a fresh pico de gallo, but reimagined with all-new ingredients. I loved it and highly recommend it as a dip and starter to other main dish options at Food & Wine Festival. Update: I bought this for my brother-in-law to try and he loved it as well!
- Strawberry & Lime Duo Fruit Bars $5.50 See all the desserts available at Food and Wine here!
Food & Wine Festival Menu Avocado Time
- Slider with guac and pepper jack cheese $8.00 This item consistently out-sells (by a landslide) every other Food & Wine menu item. It’s got guac, who can say no to that? Delicious burger with just enough heat from that pepper jack cheese.
- Spiced Roasted Chicken Pita with avocado and hummus $7.50
- Kombucha Mojito $13.50
- Suja Pineapple Passionfruit Kombucha $6.00
Food & Wine Festival Menu Citrus Grove
- Orange chicken and rice $7.50
- Citrus pork roast $8.00 I needed a quick bite for lunch, but nothing too heavy because I was saving my appetite for dessert. This hit the spot. Sweet, tangy and a bit of crunch because it’s served with coleslaw on top. Delicious!
- Lemon Almond Macaron $5.50 (gluten-free)
- Lemon Ginger Mule $13.50
- Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic) $6.00 Wow! That ginger knows how to rock it. Read my full thoughts here in my dessert and drinks article.
Food & Wine Festival Menu Nuts About Cheese
- White cheddar soup $6.75 Yes! Soup in a bread bowl is one of my top Disneyland Resort comfort foods. Serving this dish at Food & Wine Festival, but in petit form is pure genius. Every flavor in this soup was so tasty! I would definitely buy this again. Update: I did. I ate this twice.
- Ham and jack cheese pinwheel $7.00
- Yogurt Cheesecake $5.25
Food & Wine Festival I love Artichokes
- Fried Artichokes $7.00
- Artichoke Toast $6.50
- Almond Cake $5.00
Food & Wine Festival Menu Garlic Kissed
- Black Garlic Pork Belly $8.00
- Garlic Mac and cheese $7.75, My brother-in-law said this was the best Mac and cheese he’s ever tasted–anywhere! I had a bit and I agree, Disney is upping their Mac & cheese game but the ghost pepper edition reigns supreme to me.
- Chocolate Crunch Cake $5.50
- Bloody Mary $13.50
Food & Wine Festival Menu Golden Dreams
Dreaming of California infused flavors at Food & Wine Festival? This is the kiosk for you!
- Deconstructed Teriyaki Chicken Musibi with Pineapple Relish $7.25
- Anaheim Chile Relleno Bites with Salsa Verde $6.75
- Chocolate-Peanut-Caramel Parfait (gluten-free) $5.50
- Yippee! Mickey’s Cotton Candy Soda (non-alcoholic): Sprite, Cotton Candy Premium Syrup, Half-rimmed Butter Cream with Pineapple Cotton Candy Garnish $7.00
Food & Wine Festival Menu Off the Cob
Dishes featuring corn and other fresh California ingredients.
- Shrimp Tacos $7.50 (gluten-free and great for those looking to eat healthy at Disneyland)
- Sweet Corn Nuggets $6.25
- Peach Tea $5.00
Food & Wine Festival Menu Cluck-A-Doodle Moo
- Harris Ranch Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider with Chimichurri Sauce $8.00
- Salt and Vinegar Parmesan Chicken Wings $8.50
- Watermelon Lemonade with Watermelon Garnish (non-alcoholic) $5.75
- Beer by the glass $11.25+
Food & Wine Festival Menu Uncork California
A selection of wine flights and wine by the glass. This Food & Wine kiosk is usually one of the busiest along the route. Grab a glass of wine and sip as you stroll through the festival. Prices vary, Sip & Savor pass for non-alcoholic beverages only.
- Assortment of wine $12+
- California Artisan Cheese Selection $8.50
Food & Wine Festival Menu California Craft Brews
A selection of beer flights and beer by the glass. This Food & Wine kiosk is usually one of the first booths along the route, so you can grab some beer and drink as you stroll through the festival. Prices vary, Sip & Savor pass for non-alcoholic beverages only.
- Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls with Marinara and Pesto Sauce $7.00
- Various Beer by the glass $10.75+
Food & Wine Festival Beer Garden
California craft beers are on tap in Paradise Gardens, with plenty of seating to sit back and relax in the shade. Food & Wine Festival Beer Garden showcases Anaheim breweries, along with a fresh menu to dine on at Paradise Garden Grill including:
- Beer-battered Cod with Steak Fries and Spiced Remoulade
- Impossible No “Meat” Ball Submarine with Marinara Sauce topped with Soy Cheese and served with Kettle Chips
- Beer-braised Pork Tacos with Pickled Apple Slaw, Black Beans, and Queso
- Buffalo-style Roasted Turkey Leg with Celery Slaw and Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Large Soft Pretzel with Beer Cheese Dipping Sauce
- Black Forest Parfait – Layers of Chocolate Cake, Vanilla Chantilly, Chocolate Mousse, and Cherries
California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Video
Did you catch my Facebook live video during my Food and Wine Festival coverage? I’ve got the replay here. Watch the video below to get an idea of the layout for Food & Wine and how you can order delicious food and drinks during your visit.
California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Discount Tickets
California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is covered with regular park admission, although some seminars are an additional cost, I have partnered with Get Away Today to bring you the best discounts for Disneyland tickets available.
You can also combine Disneyland tickets with a hotel stay of 2 nights or more and save an extra $10 with promo code HAPPIEST10.
California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Signature Events
Some events during Food & Wine require registration (and a fee), while others are open to anyone visiting the park that day, space permitting.
- All new Dinner with Disney Chefs,
- Winemaker Receptions at Carthay Circle Restaurant
- Sweet Sundays
- Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri at Palisades Stage in Paradise Gardens Park (March 9)
- MacMurray Ranch Vineyards Winemaker Reception with Kate MacMurray at Carthay Circle Restaurant (March 22)
- Dinner with Disney Chefs at The Vineyard Room at Wine Country Trattoria (March 28)
- Silverado Vineyards Winemaker Reception with Jonathan Emmerich at Carthay Circle Restaurant (April 19)
- Wine, beer and mixology educational & tasting seminars
- In the Kitchen with…
Junior Chef FREE for kids!
Jr Chef (and more things to do with kids at Food & Wine) is available on a first-come, first-served basis for children ages 3 to 11, normally offered 3 times per day during the week and 2 times per day on weekends.
Check the entertainment schedule as you walk in for the day to see what times are available and plan to arrive about 15 minutes before. Park admission required.
“With silly supervision from Chef Goofy, kids follow a recipe and then swirl everything together (little hands may get messy). The finished goodies go into the magic oven and―voila! Each child gets a wrapped, ready-to-eat baked treat.” -Disney Parks Blog
Hollywood Backlot Seminars (FREE)
Along with your paid park admission you can attend various presentations on select days during Food & Wine Festival. They last about 20-30 minutes and feature different guest presenters on a variety of topics from gardening to cooking and more. Topics and times will be posted daily (Thursday-Sunday) outside the venue in Hollywood Land.
First come, first serve and no advance reservations are required. Kids welcome with parents.
More Food & Wine Events (Extra Fee)
These popular events fill up quickly, so make your reservations now. Here’s a sample of the most popular Food & Wine Festival signature events from 2019.
- Taste of the Festival (March 1)
- Guy Fieri LIVE! at the Hyperion (March 9)
- Robert Irvine LIVE! at the Hyperion (March 30)
- Disney Family of Wines Dinner (March 29)
- David Arthur Winemaker Dinner at Carthay Circle Restaurant (April 5)
- Karl Strauss Brewmaster Dinner at Steakhouse 55 (March 8)
- Flora Springs Winemaker Dinner at Steakhouse 55 (March 15)
California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Shopping
Sprinkled among the food and wine booths, you can also find limited edition merchandise and unique gift ideas, cooking supplies and more during the Food & Wine Festival.
I love the colors of 2019’s merchandise which centered around purple and gold. I can’t wait to see the look for 2020.
What’s California Adventure without some signature California merchandise? All this and more available during California Adventure’s Food & Wine Festival returns February 28th through April 21, 2020.
Will you be at California Adventure during Food & Wine Festival—tell us about it!