We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
75 Disneyland Holiday Desserts to try this Christmas is brought to you in part by Disneyland Resort and in partnership with Disneyland with Kids. I was invited as a media guest to experience and report on all things holidays at Disneyland Resort 2018. All opinions and taste buds are my own. Enjoy Disneyland holiday desserts from November 9, 2018 through January 8, 2019.
It’s dessert time, specifically holidays dessert time. And when you’re at Disneyland Resort, there’s no better time than the holidays to dig into something sweet. I’ve compiled a list of over 75 holiday desserts to try at Disneyland Resort this Christmas.
Our “Disneyland Holiday Desserts” begins in the Festive Foods Marketplace which is found during Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park from November 9, 2018 through January 8, 2019, but first we have answers to your Festival of Holidays frequently asked questions.
What is Festival of Holidays at Disneyland Resort? Festival of Holidays celebrates the diversity of the season through “sights, sounds and tastes” incorporating Christmas, Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali and Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day. While the holidays extend through both parks, Festival of Holidays is celebrated at Disney California Adventure Park.
Where is Festival of Holidays at Disneyland Resort? Festival of Holidays is located in Disney California Adventure Park, on the pathway that borders Paradise Bay (the water area in front of Pixar Pier) and Paradise Gardens Park. You will find Marketplace kiosks beginning near the entrance to Cars Land lining the path toward Paradise Gardens.
How much does Festival of Holidays cost? You can stroll through Festival of Holidays for free with valid theme park admission. Food and drinks are an additional cost (find exact prices on the Disneyland app), just like an other food and drinks in the parks. All entertainment options showcased during Festival of Holidays are also free with valid theme park admission. Get discount Disneyland Resort tickets here.
What is a Sip & Savor Pass? Festival of Holidays Sip & Savor Pass gives you the opportunity to taste your way through Festival of Holidays. Choose your favorite food items, Festival of Holidays desserts or non-alcoholic beverages with the convenience of a pre-paid Sip & Savor Pass.
How much is a Sip & Savor Pass? Sip & Savor Pass is $54 with 8 pre-paid passes which makes each item $6.75 (normal pricing $5-$11+). Annual Passholders price is $49 with 8 pre-paid passes which makes each item $6.13 (normal pricing $5-$11+). Buy your Sip & Savor Pass at Festival Merchandise Carts, Seaside Souvenirs, Kingswell Camera Shop, and Rushin’ River Outfitters. See all pricing here to see if this is a good deal for what you’d like to try.
What is a Festival of Holidays Tasting Passport? The tasting passport you’ve seen on my Facebook page simply outlines each Marketplace’s offerings, a map, photos and special details. The Tasting Passport is free and helps you keep track of things to try!
When do Festive Foods Marketplace kiosks open? Festive Foods Marketplace kiosks open daily at 10:30 am through January 8, 2019.
Disneyland Holiday Desserts | Festival of Holidays
1. Candied Yams with Marshmallow Cream and Toasted Pecans at Grandma’s Recipes.
2. Gingerbread Mickey at Grandma’s Recipes. I tried the regular gingerbread man at Pacific Wharf Cafe via mobile ordering and it was soft, moist and delicious! If the Mickey Gingerbread is anything like this, I highly recommend it.
3. Merry Cherry Pineapple Punch with Red Maraschino Cherries at Grandma’s Recipes
4. Holiday Mickey and Minnie Cookies at Holiday Duets. I had these cookies last year and while they’re highly instagramable, they are not as soft and chewy as I’d like.
5. Warm Peppermint Chocolate Float with Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream and Peppermint Crumbles at Holiday Duets. I thought this was super tasty. I ordered it with the Festival of Holidays souvenir insulated cup. Note it is ice cream in hot chocolate so it won’t exactly warm you up on a cool night.
6. “Hot Cocoa” Marshmallow Macaron at Merry Mashups. This—is everything you imagined.
7. Holiday Punch with Lime Sherbet and Sprite at Merry Mashups. I tried this refreshing mocktail last year and glad to see its return in 2018. This is perfect for a hot day in sunny Southern California during the holidays.
8. Chocolate Chipotle Pot de Crème at Spicy Celebrations.
9. Black Forest Yule Log at A Twist on Tradition.
10. Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce at Visions of Sugarplums.
11. White Chocolate Cranberry Blondie at Visions of Sugarplums.
12. Eggnog Wreath Éclair with White Chocolate Icing at Visions of Sugarplums.
13. Horchata Fudge at Visions of Sugarplums.
14. S’mores Frozen Chocolate Milk with House-made Toasted Marshmallow-infused Whipped Cream, Graham Cracker Crumble and Chocolate Drizzle at Visions of Sugarplums.
15. Milk Chocolate Candy Cane Pot de Crème at Winter Sliderland. Another holiday favorite returning from 2017, a light tasting chocolate dessert when you’re not looking for something too heavy or rich.
16. Pomegranate Lemonade at Winter Wonders. I tried to this specialty drink when temperatures hit above 80° and the sun was shining down. I can’t say that I really tasted the pomegranate but it was definitely an upgraded lemonade.
17. Vanilla and Cranberry Trifle at Winter Wonders. I shared this dessert with a friend and we both thought it was disappointing, but it is Vegan.
Disneyland Holiday Desserts | California Adventure Park
Disneyland Christmas desserts can be found in abundance at California Adventure Park.
18. Stocking Stuffer Funnel Cake Fries. Churro funnel fries topped with peppermint icing, crushed chocolate cream-filled cookies, candy-coated chocolates, crushed peppermint, and whipped cream. During the media event I attended we were able to watch a Disneyland Resort chef prepare this dish and try it right then and there. If you love getting funnel cakes at the parks, you won’t be disappointed with this holiday dessert.
19. Pumpkin Spice Funnel Cake Fries (only available through Nov. 23)
20. Gingerbread Funnel Cake Fries: Churro funnel fries topped with crumbled gingerbread, caramel, icing, and whipped cream (available starting Nov. 23)
Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
21. Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake (not pictured below)
Clarabelle’s Hand Scooped Ice Cream
22. Candy Cane Premium Cone. Did you see my copycat recipe for this dish?
23. Red and Green Sprinkles Premium Cone
24. Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Cone with scoops of chocolate and peppermint ice cream and chocolate-dipped cookies in a candy cane premium cone
25. Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Sundae with scoops of chocolate and peppermint ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate-dipped cookies, and crushed peppermint in a candy cane premium waffle cup
26. Chocolate Peppermint Bar with your choice of ice cream bar dipped in chocolate, drizzled in peppermint icing, and topped with crushed peppermint
Cozy Cone Motel
27. Santa Cone Hat Macaron with cookies and cream filling
Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
28. Snowman Shortbread Cookie
29. Holiday Brownie
30. Gingerbread Man Cookie. I tried this gingerbread man cookie at Pacific Wharf Cafe via mobile ordering and it was soft, moist and delicious! I highly recommend it.
Paradise Garden Grill
31. Buñuelos with Cajeta two golden fried flour tortillas dusted with cinnamon sugar and served with a side of cajeta
32. Peppermint Crunch Shake: Peppermint ice cream blended with whole milk and topped with chocolate cream-filled cookie crumbles, crushed peppermint, and peppermint whipped cream
33. Minnie Wreath Donut filled with chocolate peppermint ganache
34. Gingerbread Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich with a scoop of brown sugar cinnamon ice cream rolled with crushed gingersnap cookies
Disneyland Holiday Desserts | Disneyland Park
Christmas desserts are not just at Festival of Holidays; Disneyland Park boasts plenty of holiday desserts. Waste not time, get there now and start tasting!
Alien Pizza Planet
35. Green Alien Holiday Macaron
36. S’mores Parfait: Layers of chocolate pudding, chocolate cake, marshmallow filling, crushed graham cracker, and ganache topped with chocolate chips and a toasted marshmallow
37. Gingerbread Crème Brûlée with Chantilly cream and a mini gingerbread chocolate man
38. Santa’s Lumps of Coal Beignets: Chocolate-hazelnut beignets tossed in peppermint mocha sugar and topped with peppermint ice cream
39. Dessert Trio with a Jack Skellington Chocolate Cupcake, a Mini Coffee Éclair, and a Sugar Pie
40. Wreath Bundt Cake: Cinnamon and candied pecan bundt cake with a crème brûlée center topped with green icing, red chocolate pearls, and red mousse
41. S’mores Parfait: Layers of chocolate pudding, chocolate cake, marshmallow filling, crushed graham cracker, and ganache topped with chocolate chips and a toasted marshmallow
Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
42. Peppermint Holiday Sundae with peppermint ice cream, chocolate sauce, and crushed peppermint
Jolly Holiday Bakery
43. Santa Hat Macaron with mint white filling and rich chocolate ganache
44. Holiday Vanilla Bean Cupcake filled with red and green chocolate candy pieces and topped with green and white swirled white chocolate mousse and round chocolate swirl candy pieces
45. Holiday Brownie topped with white chocolate mousse, sprinkles, chocolate presents, and a Christmas tree Gingerbread Cookie
46. Caramel Apple Muffin with streusel
47. Holiday Strawberry Lizner Cookie
48. Snowman Shortbread Cookie
49. Gingerbread Cookie
Mint Julep Bar
50. Candy Cane Beignets
51. Chocolate Mint Yule Log: Chocolate sponge surrounded by mint chip filling and finished with buttercream, white chocolate curls, and white chocolate crispy pearls
52. Holiday Bundt Cake
53. Coconut Cream Pie. A small pie shell filled with coconut pastry cream and topped with coconut whipped cream and red and green-colored coconut.
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante
54. Dessert Nachos. Cinnamon crisps topped with apple filling, vanilla sauce, cajeta caramel, and whipped cream
55. Sopapilla Cheesecake: Cheesecake filling layered between croissant dough baked with melted butter and cinnamon sugar and topped with sugar and whipped cream
Red Rose Taverne
56. Snowman Shortbread Cookie
57. Holiday Pastry Wreath: Pate choux dough filled with cranberry-raspberry compote with orange and white chocolate mousse and finished with green chocolate, silver and gold edible glitter, yellow and blue crispy pearls, a yellow chocolate bow, and a red rose
58. Gingerbread Cookie
Royal Street Veranda
59. Cinnamon Spiced Fritters with eggnog dipping sauce
Disneyland Holiday Desserts | Churros
Churros are a big deal at Disneyland! Every season Disneyland Resort offers a new spin on this classic Disneyland treat. My friend and Disneyland with Kids colleague even did a family churro tasting challenge to try them all out!
60. Churros near Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: Sour Apple Churro with option to add side caramel sauce (sauce $1 extra). This churro flavor was introduced during Holloween Time at Disneyland Resort and extended its stay into the holidays. My family and I tried it out and found it too sweet for our liking. We preferred the traditional over this flavor.
61. Churros near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Churro with crushed pretzels and peppermint
62. Churros near Sleeping Beauty Castle: Gingerbread Churro
63. Churros near Haunted Mansion: Sugarplum Candy Churro
64. The Golden Horseshoe: Churro Sundae with Peppermint ice cream and a cajeta-filled churro garnished with chocolate brownie crumbles, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream
65. Hungry Bear Restaurant: Churro Bites with eggnog gelato and caramel sauce
67. Churros near Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: Peppermint Churro with crushed candy canes and chocolate and vanilla icing
68. Cozy Cone Motel: Gingersnap Churro with cream cheese dipping sauce (sauce $1 extra)
69. Cozy Cone Motel: Pumpkin Spice Churro with cream cheese dipping sauce (sauce $1 extra)
70. Churros near Goofy’s Sky School: Holiday Churro with red and green sugar
Disneyland Holiday Desserts | Cotton Candy
71. Hot Chocolate Cotton Candy throughout the resort
72. Snowflake Cotton Candy throughout the resort
73. Apple Cotton Candy at Disney California Adventure
Disneyland Holiday Dessert | Even More
Even with some repeats listed above (because a few things are offered at various locations)—there are still MORE Disneyland desserts to eat. We must mention more of our favorite desserts!
74. Seasonal cupcakes
75. Cookies, candy apples, popcorn, candy, donuts, candy canes, cake pops, fudge and of course anything else we forgot! And before we let you go, we want to highlight a few more . . .
Disneyland Holiday Desserts | Gluten Free
We love how Disneyland Resort offers many gluten-free options, not only at restaurants year-round, they also offer many gluten-free tasty desserts so you don’t have to miss out during the holidays!
- “Hot Cocoa” Marshmallow Macaron at Merry Mashups
- Snowman Macaron (Kayla’s Cakes in Downtown Disney and at the Kayla’s Cake cart along Festival of Holidays route
- Chocolate Chipotle Pot de Crème at Spicy Celebrations
- Milk Chocolate Candy Cane Pot de Crème at Winter Sliderland
Disneyland Resort really outdid itself this year. The massive amounts of sweets and treats is unbelievable! I want to hear your top picks—what are you looking forward to trying during the holidays 2018 and what did you taste that was absolutely amazing?
Want to know even MORE about everything to experience at Disneyland Resort during the holidays? Check out these must-reads below:
- Discount Disneyland tickets, yes even during Christmas time and New Years!
- Holiday Q & A from This Crazy Adventure Called Life
- Disneyland Holidays with Preschoolers–coming soon!
- Tips for Holiday Characters and Where to Find Santa at Disneyland
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.