We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Rise of the Resistance Sold Out! What to do if Rise of the Resistance boarding groups are sold out for the new ride at Galaxy’s Edge Disneyland.
Disappointment at missing your chance to ride Rise of the Resistance is a huge understatement. Especially if you’ve made a quick trip just to try this one attraction. It’s a situation I many people have found themselves in since opening.
If you have questions like “Rise of the Resistance is sold out, how do I get a chance to ride?” I have answers, how to prevent it and how to make the most of your Star Wars inspired visit to Disneyland Resort.
Rise of the Resistance Sold Out Info
Riding Rise of the Resistance is tricky because the ride is brand new at Disneyland and will likely remain super popular for quite a while. Here’s a few things you need to know before you come to Disneyland to ride Rise of the Resistance.
- All rides are included in the price of your Disneyland ticket, but it does not guarantee you a chance to ride every ride.
- Rise of the Resistance requires a free “boarding pass” to increase your chances of being able to ride this new attraction.
- You cannot just show up and expect to wait in line all day to ride this one ride. Disney does not currently have the traditional line we’re used to. Nor does it have a FASTPASS system yet in place.
- Details on what you’ll see during the ride here.
If you show up in the morning for Rope Drop at Disneyland, you definitely increase your chances of riding. Read this article for step by step instructions on how to join a boarding group within the first minute or two of park opening.
Rise of the Resistance Sold Out FAQs
Rise of the Resistance opened as phase two of Star War’s Galaxy’s Edge on January 17, 2020. At the time of this article, boarding passes for Rise of the Resistance sold out in seconds each morning. See the play by play of day one here.
All Boarding Groups are full, how can I ride Rise of the Resistance?
Boarding groups run out very quickly via the Disneyland App each morning. If all boarding groups are full, you cannot simply wait in line all day. It truly means you will not be able to ride Rise of the Resistance today. You can upgrade your single day ticket to a multi-day ticket at the ticket booth to try again another day.
Can I ride Rise of the Resistance if I stay at one of the Disneyland Resort hotels?
Guests of the Disneyland Resort Hotels have no better chance to ride than anyone else. You must still join a Boarding Group to ride the attraction. There are lots of other perks you can enjoy by staying on-site, this just isn’t one of them.
Can I ride Rise of the Resistance during Magic Morning?
No, Rise of the Resistance is not open during Magic Morning or Extra Magic Hour. In addition, you cannot join a Boarding Group during Magic Morning or Extra Magic Hour. Read up on what you can do during Magic Morning and what to expect.
Rise of the Resistance Sold Out, Now What?
It’s so frustrating to plan your trip to see and do all things Star Wars and then find out on the morning of your Disneyland trip that you won’t be riding the headlining attraction. But I am not here to pour salt in the wound.
Here’s a must-do list for the Star Wars obsessed during your trip:
- Book reservations 60 days in advance for the most popular Star Wars experiences like Oga’s Cantina.
- Prep to use all the Star Wars lingo during your visit to Batuu.
- Build a Droid or Light Saber, as highlighted in this article for teens at Galaxy’s Edge.
- Stop in for a meal at Docking Bay 7 or Ronto Roasters.
- Take Resistance or First Order inspired pics at the best spots inside Star Wars Land.
- Ride Millennium Falcon and try every job in the cockpit.
- See what Star Wars merchandise, rides and characters you can meet in Tomorrowland.
- Pick your favorite Star Wars merchandise to take home with you from a galaxy far, far away.
Don’t forget, a park hopper is worth the extra cost! Especially if you’re going multiple days. During the opening months of Rise of the Resistance you can experience Lunar New Year or Food & Wine Festival over at California Adventure park as well.
How many times did you try to join a boarding group? What do you think Disney could have done better to accommodate the crowds? Tell me about your experience at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, even if Rise of the Resistance was sold out.