Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration celebrating 60 years of Disneyland! Find out all the details for this dazzling 60th anniversary spectacular at the Disneyland Resort. Updated August 2016.
Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration begins Friday, May 22nd with a 24-hour event beginning at 6:00 am.
Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration
You’ll see sparkling magic adorning Disneyland and California Adventure for this 60th Anniversary celebration. I will be updating this post as more information becomes available, including info about extended hours, 60th anniversary collectables and more magical fun! The Diamond Celebration will run through September 5, 2016.
Get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Disneyland Diamond Celebration Entertainment
An all new fireworks display takes what you’ve come to love about Disneyland even further with image projections along Main Street, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Matterhorn, Rivers of America and it’s a small world. The nighttime show and fireworks features songs you know and two new songs written by famed Disney Legend Richard Sherman. You’ll see images from your favorite Disney movies and be transported into a whole new world during Disneyland Forever.
Paint the Night Parade
“Paint the Night” Parade features more than 1.5 million LED lights which brings to life character favorites from Disney-Pixar films. Read all about Paint the Night in this detailed review, including 4 different seating strategies for your visit.
“World of Colorâ€” Celebrate!”
At Disney California Adventures you can watch an all new World of Color that pays tribute to Walt Disney and takes viewers on a journey through his dream of Disneyland, hosted by (read: featured in video footage) Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse.
Pop Quiz: where else at the Disneyland Resort can you hear Neil’s voice? Post your answer in the comments!
Mad T Party
Wildly popular Mad T Party returns beginning May 22nd and will end ahead of the Diamond Celebration on March 30, 2016. If you’ve missed this crazy, fun dance party now is the time to join in at California Adventure.
Disneyland Diamond Celebration Rumors Confirmed
- I called the resort to inquire about the rumored 24-hour kick off not minutes before the official announcement was made. Now it’s officially official! May 22, 2015 the park opens at 6:00am and closes at 5:59am on Saturday May 23rd (to reopen again of course!). Are you brave enough? Find out about parking, lining up and more at How to Survive 24 Hours at Disneyland. Read more about the schedule below.
- Hatbox Ghost will reappear inside the Haunted Mansion (he was only around for a brief time when the attraction debuted).
- Disneyland Diamond Days Sweepstakes is giving resort-goers a chance to win incredible “diamond inspired” prizes daily at the Disneyland Resort. Daily prizes include VIP experiences include individualized tours of the parks, preferred viewing for evening entertainment experiences and priority access to select attractions. Weekly prizes and other sweepstakes information to be announced!
Disneyland Diamond Celebration Decor
- Sleeping Beauty’s Castle & Carthay Circle Theatre (DCA) will glisten with diamond medallions featuring the letter ‘D’.
- Disneyland blue will sparkle with festive decor, banners and more throughout the resort.
- See Mickey and Minnie all dressed up for the occasion! Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and more friends get a “diamond makeover” for the celebration.
- During Halloween and continuing through the holidays, expect to see the traditional decor you love alongside all the dazzling diamonds for the 60th!
Disneyland Diamond Celebration Snacks
- Souvenir Popcorn Buckets reminiscent of the Mickey ear balloons and more special popcorn buckets to bring home during the Diamond Celebration.
- Disneyland Diamond Cupcakes debut at the Jolly Holiday Bakery (lemon flavored) and at Fiddler, Fifer and Practical (orange flavored) just in time for the Diamond Celebration. Specialty drinks are also on the menu for the occasion.
Disneyland Diamond Celebration Souvenirs
- 60 Years of Magic artwork to appear on all kinds of Disneyland merchandise. Each panel of art represents 15 years of Disney
- The Castle Collection features Mickey and Minnie in front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle in blue and silver hues.
- The Diamond Collection features sophisticated and classic black, gray and silver motifs adorning Disney merchandise
- A series of Disney collectable pins will serve as a countdown to the official celebration each with a different color, featuring a different Walt Disney moment or quote. Pins will be sold starting January 31st. Update 3/27/15: Just announced, there will be more than 100 pins released to help celebration the 60th Anniversary!
More Diamond Celebration News
- LIVE with Kelly and Michael will broadcast their morning show (May 18-22) from the resort with Sleeping Beauty’s Castle as their backdrop.
- See a behind-the-scenes video of some nighttime entertainment lined up for the Diamond Celebration.
17 thoughts on “Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration!”
[…] Source: The Happiest Blog on Earth via […]
[…] more on the Diamond Celebration […]
[…] Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration […]
[…] Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration […]
[…] Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration […]
[…] up on all the new excitement during Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration which kicked off in […]
Does anyone know what time we are allowed to line up for the 6am opening. We are less than 2 weeks out and I can't find any information. Completely frustrating!
Hey Donna, that's super frustrating. I haven't been able to find anything specifically for the 24 hour event and I did see you posted on the Disney Parks blog in March where Erin said she'd share more details as it gets closer. And we're still waiting. Ugh. Here's what I do know: on a regular day, Mickey and Friends parking opens 90 minutes prior to park opening time. So at the latest, to park you're looking at 4:30am. I also found an old LA Times article showing a picture of a packed esplanade at 5:00am before the most recent 24 hour event. One difference, is this time both Souther CA annual pass holders are blocked out for this date. I wonder what a difference this will make in crowds.
I realize that is still not a concrete answer to your question, but I will do some more digging and post more info as soon as I receive it. If you hear before I do, please come back and let us know.
I'd also love to have you get in touch after the event to fill me in with all the details and any pictures you'd be willing to share. Send me an email if you'd like. Thanks Donna!
Good Morning Donna, I've added an update at the top of the post. I hope you find that helpful until more information is released this week and next.
How long is the celebration? I mean is it from May 22 to July or is it longer?
Elizabeth, that is the question we are all waiting on! Disney hasn't officially announced an end to the 60th celebration.
With all of the new merchandise and 3 new night shows my guess is at least through Labor Day weekend. However, if Disneyland's 50th anniversary (which lasted 18 months) is any indicator, we'll be seeing diamonds for quite a while.
I will definitely update this post as soon as there's official word from the Disneyland Resort.
This is a great recap!! Nice to have everything in one place. It was all getting very confusing!
Thanks Elaina, there's so much to look forward to!
I am so excited, being a child at heart and all, for our visit in June. This will be my umpth visit but the 1st for my 4 y/o and 1 y/o. I can't wait to see the look on their beautiful faces!!
That's where the magic really begins, don't you think? When you see your little ones light up with excitement at Disneyland. It makes everything worth it. It's going to be a fabulous visit for you and your kids I am sure. Let me know if there's anything I can help with while you're planning. 🙂
How fun- I can't wait to see everything! (And you can hear Neil's voice in the beginning of California Screamin'=)
I agree, it's going to be amazing!