We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration celebrating 60 years of Disneyland! Find out all the details for this dazzling 60th anniversary spectacular at the Disneyland Resort. Updated August 2016.
Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration begins Friday, May 22nd with a 24-hour event beginning at 6:00 am.
Disneyland’s Diamond Celebration
You’ll see sparkling magic adorning Disneyland and California Adventure for this 60th Anniversary celebration. I will be updating this post as more information becomes available, including info about extended hours, 60th anniversary collectables and more magical fun! The Diamond Celebration will run through September 5, 2016.
Get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code Happiest10 at checkout.
[maxbutton id=”4″ ]
Disneyland Diamond Celebration Entertainment
An all new fireworks display takes what you’ve come to love about Disneyland even further with image projections along Main Street, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Matterhorn, Rivers of America and it’s a small world. The nighttime show and fireworks features songs you know and two new songs written by famed Disney Legend Richard Sherman. You’ll see images from your favorite Disney movies and be transported into a whole new world during Disneyland Forever.
Paint the Night Parade
“Paint the Night” Parade features more than 1.5 million LED lights which brings to life character favorites from Disney-Pixar films. Read all about Paint the Night in this detailed review, including 4 different seating strategies for your visit.
“World of Color— Celebrate!”
At Disney California Adventures you can watch an all new World of Color that pays tribute to Walt Disney and takes viewers on a journey through his dream of Disneyland, hosted by (read: featured in video footage) Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse.
Pop Quiz: where else at the Disneyland Resort can you hear Neil’s voice? Post your answer in the comments!
Mad T Party
Wildly popular Mad T Party returns beginning May 22nd and will end ahead of the Diamond Celebration on March 30, 2016. If you’ve missed this crazy, fun dance party now is the time to join in at California Adventure.
Disneyland Diamond Celebration Rumors Confirmed
- I called the resort to inquire about the rumored 24-hour kick off not minutes before the official announcement was made. Now it’s officially official! May 22, 2015 the park opens at 6:00am and closes at 5:59am on Saturday May 23rd (to reopen again of course!). Are you brave enough? Find out about parking, lining up and more at How to Survive 24 Hours at Disneyland. Read more about the schedule below.
- Hatbox Ghost will reappear inside the Haunted Mansion (he was only around for a brief time when the attraction debuted).
- Disneyland Diamond Days Sweepstakes is giving resort-goers a chance to win incredible “diamond inspired” prizes daily at the Disneyland Resort. Daily prizes include VIP experiences include individualized tours of the parks, preferred viewing for evening entertainment experiences and priority access to select attractions. Weekly prizes and other sweepstakes information to be announced!
Disneyland Diamond Celebration Decor
- Sleeping Beauty’s Castle & Carthay Circle Theatre (DCA) will glisten with diamond medallions featuring the letter ‘D’.
- Disneyland blue will sparkle with festive decor, banners and more throughout the resort.
- See Mickey and Minnie all dressed up for the occasion! Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and more friends get a “diamond makeover” for the celebration.
- During Halloween and continuing through the holidays, expect to see the traditional decor you love alongside all the dazzling diamonds for the 60th!
Disneyland Diamond Celebration Snacks
- Souvenir Popcorn Buckets reminiscent of the Mickey ear balloons and more special popcorn buckets to bring home during the Diamond Celebration.
- Disneyland Diamond Cupcakes debut at the Jolly Holiday Bakery (lemon flavored) and at Fiddler, Fifer and Practical (orange flavored) just in time for the Diamond Celebration. Specialty drinks are also on the menu for the occasion.
Disneyland Diamond Celebration Souvenirs
- 60 Years of Magic artwork to appear on all kinds of Disneyland merchandise. Each panel of art represents 15 years of Disney
- The Castle Collection features Mickey and Minnie in front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle in blue and silver hues.
- The Diamond Collection features sophisticated and classic black, gray and silver motifs adorning Disney merchandise
- A series of Disney collectable pins will serve as a countdown to the official celebration each with a different color, featuring a different Walt Disney moment or quote. Pins will be sold starting January 31st. Update 3/27/15: Just announced, there will be more than 100 pins released to help celebration the 60th Anniversary!
More Diamond Celebration News
- LIVE with Kelly and Michael will broadcast their morning show (May 18-22) from the resort with Sleeping Beauty’s Castle as their backdrop.
- See a behind-the-scenes video of some nighttime entertainment lined up for the Diamond Celebration.