A Christmas Fantasy Parade at Disneyland Park during the holiday season. All the holiday cheer and magic dazzles Disneyland during this classic holiday parade returning in November.
Do you love dancing snowmen, cute reindeer and Disney characters decked out in holiday ensembles? A Christmas Fantasy parade is just what you need!
Like many guests, I grew up watching Disneyland parades and it is one staple of the Disney magic that should be enjoyed by all at least one time during their visit.
Table of Contents
A Christmas Fantasy Parade Details
Debuting at Disneyland Resort in 1995, A Christmas Fantasy feels very 90s, but since the 90s are back in the fashion scene, I suppose this parade is in vogue too.
Here are some quick details about this parade, along with more Q&A in this article:
- A Christmas Fantasy runs twice daily at 3:30 pm and 6:30 pm
- The Disneyland Christmas parade is about 40 minutes long
- Keep reading for my seating guide below
The music is dated, as are the floats, but I really love watching the second showing of this parade. When the floats light up and there’s a soft glow on Main Street, U.S.A., you really feel that holiday cheer.
Led by Mickey Mouse, along the parade route you’ll see classic Disney characters, beautiful costumes, dancing and floats featuring Mickey’s friends and holiday characters.
Christmas Parade Q&A
What questions do you have about this seasonal parade? I am here to answer your questions! If you don’t see your question answered, feel free to leave it in the comments so I can add the answer later.
What time is A Christmas Fantasy Parade?
A Christmas Fantasy Parade runs twice daily during the holiday season, at 3:30 pm and 6:30 pm. I prefer the later show because after dark, all the floats light up a bit and it’s more magical. Some days during the holiday season, there may be minor adjustments to the typical schedule. See the schedule for your visit here.
How long is A Christmas Fantasy Parade?
A Christmas Fantasy Parade is 40 minutes long, but remember to add time for the parade to arrive to your spot along the parade route.
Where does the parade start?
The first parade starts at “it’s a small world” and goes toward Main Street, U.S.A. The second parade runs in reverse, starting at Main Street, U.S.A. and ends at “it’s a small world”.
A Christmas Fantasy Parade Seating Guide
My favorite areas to sit during parades are detailed below. Be sure to get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Email me to get my current promo code.
Where should I sit for A Christmas Fantasy Parade?
These are my favorite spots, explained in detail along with the map pictured. I’ll discuss each spot in details below.
- it’s a small world– This is a great Disneyland parade viewing area because of its easy access to restrooms and food. Choose a place on brick, or come to the terraced levels in this area for a last-minute spot.
- Pixie Hollow– the stretch of parade route in-between Pixie Hollow and Matterhorn is lined with built in benches and narrow parade seating. I love this area because adults have a real place to sit, while kids can sit up close on the brick below. These seats go quickly; mark off your space well and no one will be able to push or sneak in behind you because of the benches and narrow accessibility. It also marks the half-way(ish) point of the parade, no matter which direction its coming from.
- Town Square– this area is a great last-minute spot and a smart move for people who want to leave the parks as soon as the parade and fireworks are finished. Scout out an area anywhere on brick around the route or up on the steps near the Main Street train station.
Note people sitting on the curb will get to remain seating. People behind row 1 or 2 will need to stand.
A Christmas Fantasy Parade Seating Plan
What’s your game plan for snagging hard to get seats for this returning Disneyland parade?
Getting a good seat or spot requires skill and maybe a little patience. Here are three options for snagging a great spot for A Christmas Parade.
1. A Christmas Fantasy Parade: Reserved Viewing
Reserved spots are the best choice. You get a reserved viewing area with A Christmas Fantasy Dining Package. This is by far my favorite way to get the best spots for any Disneyland parade.
You’ll eat before coming to your parade spot, so timing of your meal does not matter much, although it may be determined by the hosting venue itself.
For example, this year Plaza Inn parade dining is offered only from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm. You will dine at Plaza Inn and then arrive at your reserved area at least 60 minutes before the parade begins.
Plaza Inn A Christmas Fantasy Parade Dining
Plaza Inn is the main host for many reserved parade spot dining packages. Prices are about $45 for adults and $25 for children.
A Christmas Fantasy Parade Dining Package menu includes:
- One entrée, dessert and drink (plant-based options are available upon request)
- One voucher that provides access to the reserved parade viewing area
- One Plaza Inn credential
The adult menu includes these options:
- Beef bourguignon
- Roasted vegetables
- Herbed mashed potatoes with a cabernet demi-glaze
- Black Forest yule log
- Choice of beverage: 20-ounce fountain beverage, 20-ounce Dasani water
The children’ menu (ages 3-9) includes these options:
- Chicken tenders
- Seasonal vegetables
- Herbed mashed potatoes
- Black Forest yule log
- Choice of beverage: Small Dasani water or small low-fat milk
Choose any of the available restaurant tables indoors or under the adorable pink umbrellas outside. Later that evening, head to the special reserved viewing area for the parade as noted on your credentials.