We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
A Christmas Fantasy Parade returns to Disneyland Park during the holiday season 2019.
All the holiday cheer and magic dazzles Disneyland during this classic holiday parade returning in November.
Do you love dancing snowmen, cute reindeer and Disney characters decked out in holiday ensembles? A Christmas Fantasy parade is just what you need!
Like many guests, I grew up watching Disneyland parades and it is one staple of the Disney magic that should be enjoyed by all at least one time during their visit.
A Christmas Fantasy Parade Details
Debuting at Disneyland Resort in 1995, A Christmas Fantasy feels very 90s, but since the 90s are back on the fashion scene, I suppose this parade is in vogue too.
The music is dated, as are the floats, but I really love watching the second showing of this parade. When the floats light up and there’s a soft glow on Main Street, U.S.A., you really feel that holiday cheer.
Led by Mickey Mouse, along the parade route you’ll see classic Disney characters, beautiful costumes, dancing and floats featuring Mickey’s friends and holiday characters.
What time is A Christmas Fantasy Parade?
A Christmas Fantasy Parade runs twice daily during the holiday season, at 3:30 pm and 6:00 pm. I prefer the later show because after dark, all the floats light up a bit and it’s more magical.
How long is A Christmas Fantasy Parade?
Where does the parade start?
The first parade starts at “it’s a small world” and goes toward Main Street, U.S.A. The second parade runs in reverse, starting at Main Street, U.S.A. and ends at “it’s a small world”.
A Christmas Fantasy Parade Seating Guide
My favorite areas to sit during parades are detailed below. Be sure to get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code DisneylandPlan at checkout.
Where should I sit for A Christmas Fantasy Parade?
These are my favorite spots, explained in detail along with the map pictured. I’ll discuss each spot in details below.
- it’s a small world– This is a great Disneyland parade viewing area because of its easy access to restrooms and food. Choose a place on brick, or come to the terraced levels in this area for a last-minute spot.
- Pixie Hollow– the stretch of parade route in-between Pixie Hollow and Matterhorn is lined with built in benches and narrow parade seating. I love this area because adults have a real place to sit, while kids can sit up close on the brick below. These seats go quickly; mark off your space well and no one will be able to push or sneak in behind you because of the benches and narrow accessibility. It also marks the half-way(ish) point of the parade, no matter which direction its coming from.
- Town Square– this area is a great last-minute spot and a smart move for people who want to leave the parks as soon as the parade and fireworks are finished. Scout out an area anywhere on brick around the route or up on the steps near the Main Street train station.
Note people sitting on the curb will get to remain seating. People behind row 1 or 2 will need to stand.
A Christmas Fantasy Parade Seating Plan
What’s your game plan for snagging hard to get seats for this returning Disneyland parade?
Getting a good seat or spot requires skill and maybe a little patience. Here are three options for snagging a great spot for A Christmas Parade.
1. A Christmas Fantasy Parade: Reserved Seating
Reserved spots are the best choice. You get a reserved viewing area with A Christmas Fantasy Dining Package. This is by far my favorite way to get the best spots for any Disneyland parade.
You’ll eat before coming to your parade spot, so timing of your meal does not matter much. Arrive at your reserved area at least 60 minutes before the parade begins.
Plaza Inn A Christmas Fantasy Parade Dining
Plaza Inn is the main host for many reserved parade spot dining packages.
You get your choice of a lunch entree (yes, fried chicken is an option!), one drink (with fountain drink refills), Plaza Inn special credential and a voucher for access to reserved viewing area.
Choose any of the available restaurant tables indoors or under the adorable pink umbrellas outside. Later that evening, head to the special reserved viewing area for the parade as noted on your credentials.
Prices and Details:
- About $40 per adult – tax not included; gratuity not required
- About $25 per child (ages 3-9) – tax not included; gratuity not required
- Separate theme park admission is required and not included in the package price
- Reservations made between 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM will receive a voucher for the day’s first performance of A Christmas Parade.
- Use the Check Availability tool to find a table and book online or call (714) 781-3463 between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM daily
- Advance reservations (60 days out) are highly recommended—same-day reservations can be made at the restaurant, but are limited and subject to availability
2. A Christmas Fantasy Parade: hold a spot early
3. A Christmas Fantasy Parade: hold a spot later