We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Don’t mis Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party and other entertainment options at Disney California Adventure Park this holiday season. I visited Disneyland Resort as a media guest of the Walt Disney Company; all opinions are my own.
I love Disney ¡Viva Navidad! at California Adventure, and that is no exaggeration. Let me frame this out for you a bit. During my time researching the holidays, I went on holiday attractions like “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday, visited with Disney characters dressed in holiday attire, stood in awe at a magical snow fall and fireworks, and even taste-tested a bunch of desserts to write about 75 different holiday treats. But what really topped it all was watching (and dancing along to) the Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party. This article will cover Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party, along with other can’t miss entertainment options found during Festival of Holidays at California Adventure.
Disney Festival of Holidays
I know you don’t want to miss Festival of Holidays, I’ve rounded up some of the most frequently asked questions about Festival of Holidays, including the food options below.
- What is Festival of Holidays? Disney Festival of Holidays is a celebration of the holiday season, bringing together cultural festivities like song and dance, along with meaningful traditions of food and more from Christmas, Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day.
- When is Festival of Holidays? Festival of Holidays and other seasonal offerings run from November 9, 2018 through January 8, 2019.
- Where is Festival of Holidays? Festival of Holidays is located at Disney California Adventure Park, in Anaheim, California. Most of the offerings are located in the Paradise Gardens Park area.
- How much is Festival of Holidays? Festival of holidays is free to enjoy with your valid park admission, however any food or merchandise you purchase is an additional charge.
- What about Festival of Holidays food? Yes the food! I’ve covered all the details on Festival of Holidays food including the Tasting Passport and Sip & Savor Pass in this article featuring 75 holiday desserts to try this season.
Susana Tubert, Creative Director, Disney Parks Live Entertainment says, “Festival of Holidays is an uplifting, uniquely Disney celebration. From the vibrant live entertainment to the Festive Foods Marketplace, character experiences and crafts, this immersive and heartwarming festival highlights the wonderful cultural diversity of Southern California. I’m so proud of the range of programming we’ve curated for guests of all ages!”
Now that we’ve got the basics covered, let’s go into the lively entertainment you can find throughout Disney California Adventure Park during the Festival of Holidays.
Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party was easily the highlight of my holiday visit. I absolutely love the fusion of cultures we have here in the United States and in Southern California. Growing up in Los Angeles, you really got a bit of everything and that’s one of the things I love about Disney California Adventure Park—it celebrates diversity and coming together through food, song and celebration, all year long. Disney ¡Viva Navidad! is no exception.
- What is Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party? It’s a unique celebration you won’t find anywhere else. Disney ¡Viva Navidad! features folklórico and samba dancers, live musicians, Mickey and Minnie in their fiesta attire, The Three Caballeros (Donald Duck, Mexico’s Panchito and José Carioca from Brazil), and 12-foot-tall mojiganga puppets of Santa and Mrs. Claus.
- When is Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party? Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party runs from November 9, 2018 through January 8, 2019 with multiple performances daily, at 1:00, 2:15, 4:15, 5:15, 6:30 and 7:30 pm (check the Disneyland app for current times). Since there’re so many times offered you can easily get a front row seat to this amazing production. Note that performances after 5:00 pm will be after sunset, so plan accordingly if you’d like to see it during daylight or after dark (or maybe both!).
- Where is Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party? Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party performs multiple times a day near Paradise Garden Grill in Paradise Gardens Park at Disney California Adventure.
- How much is Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party? This show is free to enjoy with your valid park admission and no FASTPASS is needed. Just have your camera and dancing shoes ready.
GRAMMY® Award-winning Mariachi Divas
- Who are the Mariachi Divas? The Mariachi Divas are a GRAMMY-winning female ensemble who perform regularly at Pacific Wharf area near all the tasty food, year-round at California Adventure Park. During Festival of Holidays, you can listen in as they play and sing seasonal music (in both English and Spanish!) to get you in the spirit of the holidays.
- When do Mariachi Divas perform? Mariachi Divas perform year-round at Pacific Wharf. During Festival of Holidays, you can find them throughout the afternoon, check the official Disneyland app for scheduled performances.
- Where do Mariachi Divas perform? You can find them at Disney California Adventure Park in Pacific Wharf with its many food options nearby. My favorite is the soup in a sourdough bread bowl, ordered with little wait on mobile ordering. You’re welcome.
- How much does it cost to attend a Mariachi Divas performance? Festival of holidays and all associated performances are free to enjoy with your valid park admission, how amazing is that?!
Holiday Toy Drummers
When you see the Holiday Toy Drummers marching down the street during Festival of Holidays, slow your step just a bit and stop to watch for a minute. Disneyland Resort shares, “[This] high-energy band of living wooden soldiers with some pretty impressive skills. Mixing it up with wacky antics, these talented toys will be drumming up seasonal cheer.”
- What is the Holiday Toy Drummer show? This is more than just a simple show, classic holiday toy drummers come to life right before your eyes.
- When do Holiday Toy Drummers perform? Check the official Disneyland app for scheduled performances throughout the day, and if you happen to be in the area be sure to march along to the beat.
- Where do Holiday Toy Drummers perform? You can find them at Disney California Adventure Park just in front of The Little Mermaid attraction with Pixar Pier as a festive backdrop.
I caught a performance of Mostly Kosher (a band, not food lol!), during a late lunch at Festival of Holidays Festive Food Marketplace.
And since you’re probably wondering what I ate, let me fill you in. At the Winter Wonders kiosk nearby my friend and I shared pumpkin soup with maple cashew cream (yum!), chana masala with grilled garlic naan (spicy and tasty) and a vanilla-and-cranberry trifle (not croutons on top and not the best dessert I tried by any means).
Princess Elena’s Musical Grand Arrival
Do your little ones love Disney Junior? Princess Elena of Avalor is here to greet you during Festival of Holidays in a mini parade that Disney dubs a “Musical Grand Arrival!” This event welcomes the adventurous Princess Elena and her friend Skylar, along with royal dancers.
- Who is Princess Elena of Avalor? Princess Elena of Avalor is “a confident and compassionate teenager in an enchanted fairytale kingdom inspired by diverse Latin cultures and folklore” according to an Oh My Disney article.
- When is Princess Elena’s Musical Grand Arrival? You can find Elena and this performance during Festival of Holidays. Be sure to check the official Disneyland app for scheduled performances and meet and greets.
- Where is Princess Elena’s Musical Grand Arrival? This event takes place at Disney California Adventure Park in Paradise Gardens Park near Goofy’s Sky School.
- How much does it cost to attend
- Princess Elena’s Musical Grand Arrival? Festival of holidays and all associated performances are free to enjoy with your valid park admission, get your discount Disneyland Resort tickets here.
What do my readers have to say about this show? “The folklorico dancers in this show are just incredible and their costumes are beautiful and authentic. The music and dancing is fun and especially heartwarming for me as a Latina. This was a nice show option for me and my toddlers last year because there were a lot less people waiting to view. You’ll want to sit on the side of the parade that faces away from the ferris wheel for best view but even from the other side you have character interaction like waving at you and your kids personally.” -Veronica V.
“We saw it twice yesterday and my daughter was mesmerized and in awe. She loooves Princess Elena. She was dancing and singing along the entire time.” -Jessica M.
“We got to see it twice while we were there last week. It was a fun performance and then right after we got in line to meet Elena.” -Hortencia P.
The Sound, Phat Cat Swinger & More
There’s so many live entertainment options, it’s hard to try them all! I certainly didn’t get to everything so I want to know what you think about The Sound, Phat Cat Swinger or other live musicians you discovered at California Adventure. Be sure to check the entertainment schedule on the day you arrive, because there might even be some surprise performances from local and traveling groups.
I want to hear from you! Did you see Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party? Or maybe Mostly Kosher was your favorite? Fill me in on all the details in the comments section below.
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.