We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Disneyland Valentine’s Day—now that sounds like love a first sight. Wether you’re headed to Disneyland Resort or simply want to create a Disney Valentine’s Day at home, we’ve got everything you need for a perfect February 14th.
Disneyland Valentine’s Day 2020
Disneyland is celebrating Valentine’s Day for an entire month, so you can be included in the fun whenever you go from about January 22nd through February 18th, 2020. Start by getting your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Here’s your guide to Valentine’s Month at Disneyland Resort including:
- Lunar New Year festivities happen during Disneyland’s Valentine’s Month too!
- Make a special Valentine’s wish at the Lunar New Year “wishing wall” at Disney California Adventure park, pictured below.
- Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts Nite is an exclusive after hours party.
- Best places to stay near Disneyland; see our top hotel picks here.
Disneyland Valentine’s Day Photo Spots
Sleeping Beauty Castle a beautiful site all year, but especially during Valentine’s Month. You’ll want to get that coveted picture front of the castle. I also have plenty of other photos ideas for you, and some spots Disney created just for Valentine’s Month.
Our top picks for the best photo spots at Disneyland are listed here, but let’s no forget these new Disneyland Valentine picture spots for 2020:
- Aboard one of the Main Street Vehicles which has a cute Valentine garland on the back.
- In Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A. you’ll find an adorable, oversized Valentine from Minnie Mouse herself signed “Hugs & Kisses, Minnie Mouse XOXO”.
- Mickey Mouse floral has been decorated with hearts surrounding this iconic photo spot upon park entry.
- Don’t forget to purchase Disney MaxPass for the day because all your cute Valentine photos are included!
Minnie’s Valentine Scavenger Hunt
In 2019 we saw the first ever Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt. In 2020 we expect Minnie Mouse to set up a Valentine’s Day Surprise Scavenger Hunt for you and your family to enjoy.
Minnie Mouse has another surprise for you during Valentine’s Month at Disneyland. You can search for secret valentines Minnie has hidden for Mickey and their pals all around Disneyland Park. The game board and stickers set is about $7.00. Use it to find the secret valentines and redeem your completed game board at Disney Showcase for a special surprise. This is great for kids, and you don’t have to complete the entire hunt to get your prize.
Buy your Minnie Mouse Valentine scavenger hunt game at one of these locations:
- Bonanza Outfitters
- The Briar Patch
- Disney Showcase
- Little Green Men Store Command
- Pieces of Eight
Disneyland Valentine’s Day Food
You can tell Disney land is serious about their Valentine’s Day experience because they even released full menus of new Valentine food! Now that’s what I’m talking about. From cherry pink cotton candy to a Strawberry Cheesecake “Funnel of Love” and even Chocolate-covered Strawberry Beignets, you’re going to have a hard time choosing what to eat!
Here’s a quick run down of my top picks for Disneyland Valentine’s Day food from last year (this isn’t everything so be sure to pick up a Food Guide when you arrive!). I am hoping many of these sweet treats return in 2020.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe Heart-shaped Mousse Dessert with raspberry mousse and vanilla bean crème brûlée center
- Red Rose Taverne Cherry Mousse Dessert – Dark chocolate ganache and chocolate crunch with red velvet spray, gold dust, and mini heart sprinkles
- River Belle Terrace Chocolate Lava Cake with passion fruit sorbet and passion fruit sauce
- Stage Door Café Strawberry Cheesecake “Funnel of Love” – Funnel cake covered with cheesecake filling, strawberry compote, whipped cream, and a chocolate bow
- Bengal Barbecue Piranha Lemonade Slushy – Mango and pineapple lemonade with lychee and pomegranate popping pearls
If you’re spending time at home this Valentine’s Day, be sure to bake some Disney Valentine’s Day sugar cookies with a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter and Valentine sprinkles.
Disneyland Valentine’s Date Ideas
Beyond being in the parks, we like to incorporate movies into our holiday traditions, and Valentine’s Day is no different. Ever since Lady and the Tramp came out on blu-ray, we’ve made it a tradition to watch this movie as a family on or near Valentine’s Day. If you’re looking for a quick way to sweeten up your Valentine’s Day at home, snuggle up with some of my favorite Disney love stories like Lady and the Tramp , Beauty and the Beast or Enchanted .
For more of our best Disneyland Date night ideas, check out this article. Plus, we have a Disneyland Proposal article coming very soon, just in case you need that for a Valentine’s Day surprise. We hope this helps you plan your magical Disneyland Valentine’s Day!