We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Disneyland Valentine’s Day—now that sounds like love a first sight. Wether you’re headed to Disneyland Resort or simply want to create a Disney Valentine’s Day at home, we’ve got everything you need for a perfect February 14th.
Disneyland Valentine’s Day 2020
Disneyland is celebrating Valentine’s Day for an entire month, so you can be included in the fun whenever you during February 2020. Start by getting your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Here’s your guide to Valentine’s Month at Disneyland Resort including:
- Lunar New Year festivities happen during Disneyland’s Valentine’s Month too!
- Make a special Valentine’s wish at the Lunar New Year “wishing wall” at Disney California Adventure park, pictured below.
- Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts Nite is an exclusive after hours party.
- Best places to stay near Disneyland; see our top hotel picks here.
Disneyland Valentine’s Day Photo Spots
Valentine’s Day decor first arrived at Disneyland in 2019 and returned just a couple days before February 14th in 2020.
Sleeping Beauty Castle a beautiful site all year, but especially during Valentine’s Month. You’ll want to get that coveted picture front of the castle. I also have plenty of other photos ideas for you, and some spots Disney created just for Valentine’s Month.
Our top picks for the best photo spots at Disneyland are listed here, but let’s no forget these new Disneyland Valentine picture spots for 2020:
- Aboard one of the Main Street Vehicles which has a cute Valentine garland on the back.
- In Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A. you’ll find an adorable, oversized Valentine from Minnie Mouse herself signed “Hugs & Kisses, Minnie Mouse XOXO”.
- Mickey Mouse floral has been decorated with hearts surrounding this iconic photo spot upon park entry.
- Don’t forget to purchase Disney MaxPass for the day because all your cute Valentine photos are included!
Courtesy Disneyland Resort
Minnie’s Valentine Scavenger Hunt
In 2019 we saw the first ever Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt. No word if we’ll see Minnie Mouse set up a Valentine’s Day Surprise Scavenger Hunt for you and your family to enjoy in 2020.
Minnie Mouse has another surprise for you during Valentine’s Month at Disneyland. You can search for secret valentines Minnie has hidden for Mickey and their pals all around Disneyland Park. The game board and stickers set is about $7.00.
Use it to find the secret valentines and redeem your completed game board at Disney Showcase for a special surprise. This is great for kids, and you don’t have to complete the entire hunt to get your prize.
Buy your Minnie Mouse Valentine scavenger hunt game at one of these locations (again, no word on this event in 2020 from Disney):
- Bonanza Outfitters
- The Briar Patch
- Disney Showcase
- Little Green Men Store Command
- Pieces of Eight
Disneyland Valentine’s Day Food
You can tell Disney land is serious about their Valentine’s Day experience because they even released full menus of new Valentine food! Now that’s what I’m talking about.
Valentine’s Day food at Disneyland arrived on February 14th on the dot! Expect it to hang around for a bit afterward too.
From cherry pink cotton candy to a Strawberry Cheesecake “Funnel of Love” and even Chocolate-covered Strawberry Beignets, you’re going to have a hard time choosing what to eat!
Here’s a quick run down of my top Valentine’s Day food at Disneyland Park:
- Berry Cobbler Funnel Cake at Hungry Bear Restaurant
- Chocolate-Strawberry Beignets at Mint Julep Bar
- Strawberry Julep at Mint Julep Bar
- Berry Cheesecake Fritters at Royal Street Veranda
- Strawberry Cheesecake “Funnel of Love” – Funnel cake covered with cheesecake filling, strawberry compote, whipped cream, and a chocolate bow at Stage Door Café
- Strawberry Horchata at Rancho del Zocalo
Ready to park hop for more Valentine’s Day food? Here’s the stand-out Valentine Food at California Adventure:
- Valentine’s Day Heart Shaped Macaron at Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream on Buena Vista Street
- Valentine’s Day Bundt Cake Sundae at Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream on Buena Vista Street
- Valentine’s Day Ice Cream Bar at Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream on Buena Vista Street
- Chocolate Waffle Valentine’s Cone at Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream on Buena Vista Street
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles at Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream on Buena Vista Street
If you’re spending time at home this Valentine’s Day, be sure to bake some Disney Valentine’s Day sugar cookies with a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter and Valentine sprinkles.
Disneyland Valentine’s Date Ideas
Beyond being in the parks, we like to incorporate movies into our holiday traditions, and Valentine’s Day is no different. We’ve made it a tradition to watch Lady and the Tramp on Disney+ as a family on or near Valentine’s Day.
If you’re looking for a quick way to sweeten up your Valentine’s Day at home, snuggle up with some of my favorite Disney love stories like Lady and the Tramp , Beauty and the Beast or Enchanted .
For more of our best Disneyland Date night ideas, check out this article. Plus, we have a Disneyland Proposal article coming very soon, just in case you need that for a Valentine’s Day surprise. We hope this helps you plan your magical Disneyland Valentine’s Day!