We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
In high school, a Disneyland date was a BIG deal. It meant you wanted to spend the entire day with someone, spend a lot of money on them (keep reading for ways to save too!) and maybe even snuggle up together on those dark rides if the chemistry was right.
As an adult, I know many people (myself included!) who have honeymooned at Disneyland, gotten engaged at Disneyland and even secretly been married inside the parks! To me, the place exudes romance.
Disneyland Date Tips
Before you make your way down Main Street, U.S.A., you need a fabulous way to invite your love to Disneyland. Order these beautifully designed Disney-inspired cards from Enchanted Type for a unique invitation to Disneyland.
Then put a pair of discount Disneyland tickets from our partner at Get Away Today. Use promo code HAPPIEST10 for an even bigger discount when you combine your tickets with a hotel stay of 2 nights or more. How could anyone say no to a request like that?
Now that you have your invitation sent and tickets in hand, add some spark to your next Disneyland date night, with our 14 romantic ideas to kick it up a notch.
14 Disneyland Date Night Ideas
Expect to spend all day at Disneyland for maximum romance, or arrive late so you’re sure to see Disneyland during sunset along with those amazing nighttime fireworks.
- Make dining reservations at the romantic Catal Restaurant and take a break from the crowds in Downtown Disney.
- Visit Snow White’s wishing well for a romantic photo op with your other half. And don’t forget to wish into the well!
3. Stroll by Sleeping Beauty Castle and daydream about your future together.
4. Fly over London on Peter Pan’s Flight, think happy thoughts and maybe even steal a kiss on this romantic dark ride.
5. Grab the back bench on the dark ride, Pirates of the Caribbean and it’s smooth sailing from there.
Get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code Happiest10 at checkout.
6. Enjoy a ride on Pixar Pal-A-Round. Ask for your own, stationary gondola. Perfect at sunset or under the stars.
7. Watch World of Color hand in hand, and be sure to start it off with a dining package from Carthay Circle.
8. Board Storybook Land Canal Boats for a relaxing ride through fairytale land.
9. Voted “Best Make Out Ride” at Disneyland, The Haunted Mansion is the perfect place to let your date protect you from any hitch hiking ghosts!
10 .Catch the Kiss Cam on your way down Splash Mountain.
11. Go for a moonlit cruise in the Jungle after dark.
12. Share a delicious treat at Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street.
13. Watch one of Disneyland Resort’s famous night time shows like Fantasmic!
14. Order a specialty cake from Disneyland Resort to be delivered during one of your romantic meals together.
Do you have a special romantic story to share from your Disneyland visit? What’s your favorite romantic date night spot at Disneyland?
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.