We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Where’s the best Disneyland PhotoPass spot? There are so many places to choose from, and in honor of PhotoPass day at Disneyland Resort on August 19, 2018, I am here to help you find the best Disneyland PhotoPass spots at the resort for your group!
Keep reading for all the best PhotoPass spots at Disneyland Resort.
Best Disneyland PhotoPass Spots: Basics
Disneyland PhotoPass helps you capture magical memories throughout Disneyland Resort without having to haul your own bulky, expensive camera around. PhotoPass photographers are located in various locations around Disneyland park and California Adventure park to make sure everyone gets in the picture—yes, even you Mom!
Check this one out! I brought my kids, my dad and my nephew and we have a photo to prove it! Now that’s a best Disneyland PhotoPass spot if I ever saw one. Bonus tip: buy your discount Disneyland tickets now and save over gate prices!
How much is Disney PhotoPass at Disneyland Resort? Disney PhotoPass is a bonus feature to Disney MaxPass, the new digital FASTPASS system. When you purchase Disney MaxPass, currently priced at $15 per day, you can download, print and share all your Disney PhotoPass pictures for that super low price. Even if you’re not using Disney MaxPass for the FASTPASS feature (but you should!), I recommend at least one person in your party purchase Disney MaxPass for the PhotoPass feature alone.
Want to buy your Disney PhotoPass pictures after your vacation? It’s not as cheap (starting at $78 for one week’s worth of photos) as buying with Disney MaxPass, but it can be done. For current pricing and selections, visit the Disney PhotoPass service page here.
How do I use Disney PhotoPass? It’s super simple! Just visit any PhotoPass photographer, have them take your photos and get a Disney PhotoPass card to scan into the Disneyland app later on. You can use that same PhotoPass card throughout your trip and scan once, or scan multiple times throughout your trip as you add photos. You can also scan your PhotoPass QR code right from your phone after you take pictures. I personally prefer to use the hard plastic PhotoPass card so I limit the use of my phone (and battery!) throughout the day.
Where are the best Disneyland PhotoPass Photographers located? Everywhere! You just need to know where to look for them. The first place to look for current locations is on the Disneyland app (I can’t live without this app people!) There may be a short wait involved, but you will love the results!
Best Disneyland PhotoPass Spots: Disneyland Park
Now we’re moving into the fun stuff! Almost all the possible PhotoPass spots at Disneyland park! Photographers move around often, but some standard spots remain, including in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle and on Main Street, U.S.A. I love trying out different locations and thanks to the members of my Disneyland with Kids Facebook group, we can showcase some of the options for you here.
- Entrance with Mickey Mouse flowers in the background
- Main Street, U.S.A. with classic Disney characters
- Main Street, U.S.A. with Sleeping Beauty Castle in the background
- At “The Hub” with the Partners Statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse
- Directly in front or to the side of Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Sword in the Stone with Fantasyland as your backdrop
- In the Tea Cup in Fantasyland
- Critter Country near Pooh’s Corner
- Near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Along the Rivers of America
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Tomorrowland entrance
- Meeting Minnie Mouse in Mickey’s Toontown
Best Disneyland PhotoPass Spots: California Adventure Park
We haven’t listed every possible PhotoPass spot in California Adventure park, but our goal is to keep this list growing. Help us add to it and get started posing with the spots listed below.
- Join Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse on Buena Vista Street at the Storytellers statue
- Meet classic Disney characters on Buena Vista Street, even Oswald the lucky Rabbit
- Grizzly Peak’s airfield in front of the airplane
- Near Toy Story Midway Mania with Pixar characters
- In front of Guardians of the Galaxy—Mission: Breakout!
- Marvel characters in Hollywood Land
- Cars Land main entrance in front of the postcard
- Cars Land Route 66
- Cars Land near Flo’s V8 Cafe with Radiator Springs in the background
- Cars Land with the racing cars and cool desert background, on the side of Flo’s V8 Cafe
- Cars Land with characters at Cozy Cone Motel
- In front of the water falls in the Grizzly Peak area
- Pixar Pier entrance
- Pixar Pal-A-Round at Pixar Pier
- Paradise Bay with Pixar Pier as your backdrop
- Red Car Trolley in Hollywood Land or Buena Vista Street
Best Disneyland PhotoPass Spots: Magic Shots
Some of the best Disneyland PhotoPass spots have Magic Shots. Magic Shots add a bit of pixie dust to your Disney PhotoPass pictures. Each photographer and PhotoPass location has different Magic Shots to offer, so be sure to ask around for a specific one if there’s one your have in mind. And please, share in the comments which Magic Shot you got and at which location so we can add to our list!
Magic Shots at Disneyland Resort
- Mickey Mouse balloons in your hands
- Tinker Bell in your hands
- Baby Groot in your hands in front of Guardians of the Galaxy—Mission: Breakout!
- Baby Jack Jack at Pixar Pier
- Stitch being crazy near Hollywood Land or Buena Vista Street
- Cauldron with poison apple
Katie R. says, “When I go to each photographer I ask what magic shots they could do. Sometimes I told them to surprise me 🙂.”
Best Disneyland PhotoPass Spots: Holidays and More
Did you sign your little ones up for Jedi Training Academy? Sit back and enjoy the show! The PhotoPass photographers will get all the action up close and the photos are yours to download and keep. Be sure to grab a PhotoPass card after. Want to know how to sign up and all the Jedi Training details? Look here.
Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort brings along lots of rare PhotoPass opportunities with Disney villains and favorite characters in Halloween costumes.
The holiday season adds to Disney PhotoPass value with unique photo set ups, including Santa Claus, giant Christmas trees and more.
What People Say about Disneyland PhotoPass
Loved it! Much better than our phone pics! Shayla H.
Love the character pics! Especially in Critter Country where you can often see multiple friends from the Hundred Acre Wood. One line led us to Tigger, Rabbit, Eeyore and Pooh! Cyra Benedict
On getting to popular PhotoPass spots, we had magic morning and utilized it. I’d say we were at that spot within 30 minutes of opening for hotel guests. Morgan N.
Sometimes I feel like it doesn’t work. I’ve taken way more [at certain spots] than what has shown up in my app. Rowena L.
PhotoPass photographer captured this shot—only Disneyland can make him smile like this! -Laura H.
*All photos taken by Disney PhotoPass photographers and used with permission, provided by the following Disneyland with Kids group members (in no particular order): Morgan Noll, Michelle Savary, Laura Hawley, Megan Atkinson, Erika Perez, Jatziry Mier, Trisha Moosman, Courtney Hennagir, Samantha Duffey, Kayla Saavedra, Jennifer Pardilla, Katelyn Furr, Brittany Lentz, Cyra Benedict, Limary Guzman, Krissy Baker, Shayla Holyoke and Niki Yamanaka.
Wow! I could not have pulled this article off without the help of the amazing Disneyland with Kids group. If you’re looking for more of the best PhotoPass spots at Disneyland, please join the group and add to the conversation here in the comments section.
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.