We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Cambria Hotel and water park celebrated their grand opening in 2020 and it’s already made a huge splash in Anaheim, California for families visiting Disneyland Resort. My stay at Cambria Suites was provided by Cambria. All opinions are my own.
I have had my eyes on Cambria Suites since before ground was even broken. Water park hotels are the most popular option for staying in sunny Southern California near Disneyland.Cambria is best for large families and groups looking for an extended stay in a larger room or suite—and those kind of accommodations can be hard to find!
Cambria 2020 Guidelines
If you’re visiting Anaheim in 2020 and beyond, some things may look different. Each hotel has specific guidelines in place for your health a safety.
The above screenshot was taken June 6, 2020. As things continue to adapt as we move forward, please check directly with your hotel for all updates.
When you need a family hotel near Disneyland with excellent amenities and no resort fees, book using my discount code DisneylandPlan here.
Cambria Hotel & Water Park Location
Cambria Suites & Waterpark is located at 101 E. Katella Ave. Anaheim, CA 92802.
Is this hotel walkable?
Cambria is one mile from Disneyland, located close to the 5 freeway on Katella. I do not recommend walking to/from this hotel. I think it’s too far considering you’ll already be walking 6+ miles per day at Disneyland itself. But don’t let that scare you away, there’s many of options to get you to/from Disneyland in as little as 6 minutes (I timed it).
Here’s the best ways to get to Disneyland from Cambria:
- Drive & Park. Being on your own schedule is key. When you drive your own car, it’s super simple to park at Disneyland.
- Toy Story Lot. Toy Story parking lot is Disney’s off-site parking and pedestrians are welcome to walk in, then board the free shuttle to Disneyland. It’s about a 10-15 minute walk to the shuttle spot inside Toy Story parking via pedestrian entrance on Harbor.
- Uber it! If your kids don’t need car seats (under 8 years old need them and Uber does not provide them), get an Uber. Ubers aplenty in Anaheim and you’ll arrive in about 6 minutes, saving you precious time!
- I’ve personally never used ART (Anaheim Rapid Transit) because for the cost and wait time involved, I prefer the above methods hands-down. But if you’d like to try it out, go here to plan your trip. The ART stop is located right in front of the hotel for quick access.
Cambria Suites & Water Park Rooms
Cambria has everything parents ask for in a hotel room and more. While it’s a bit farther away from Disneyland, I do appreciate that it gives you much-needed down time to relax and unwind after a long morning in the parks. You can chill out by the pool or enjoy food & drinks at the lobby’s indoor/outdoor bar.
But before we get too deep into the extras Cambria offers, let’s dive into the specifics of each room type. Note all room photos are from the king & bunk bed suite, but rooms will be similar in design and decor.
- Cambria Suites 2 Queen Standard room is your basic room with 2 queen beds, bathroom with a tub/shower combo and another shower, desk, fridge and microwave.
- Cambria King & Bunk Bed Suite. In one room you have the king bed with a bunkbed that has a pull out trundle. In the other room you have a living space, pull out couch bed and kitchenette. Bathroom has a tub/shower combo and another shower (sliding door in between for privacy).
- Cambria 2 Queen Suite. In one room you have 2 queen beds. In the other room you have a pull out bed, living space and kitchenette. Bathroom has a tub/shower combo and another shower (sliding door in between for privacy).
Cambria Hotel & Water Park Breakfast
Anytime I can snag a free breakfast near Disneyland, I am a happy mama. Even though my kids typically don’t eat much in the morning, it helps to get something in their bellies before a long Disneyland day. The dining room is huge with tons of seating!
Along with free breakfast, Cambria highlights these extras on their website:
We offer a complimentary hot buffet breakfast for our overnight hotel guests. We also have an indoor/outdoor Lobby Bar. In the afternoons and evenings, we serve light fare, draft beer, wine and cocktails. We also have seven casual eateries just steps from our hotel which include: Starbucks, The Habit Burger, California Fish Grill, Jersey Mikes Sandwiches, Yogurtland, Luna Grill, and Ono Hawaiian BBQ.
We enjoyed Mickey waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, eggs, bacon, tea, hot cocoa and juice just to name a few of their offerings. Breakfast is served Monday – Friday 6 am to 9:30 am (extended to 10 am in summer and typical school breaks); Saturday – Sunday & Holidays 7 am – 10 am.
My family also appreciated the proximity to Starbucks and The Habit on various days during our stay. Just a few steps away from the lobby and you’ve got even more delicious food options to choose from.
Cambria Suites & Water Park Bonus
It’s hard to pinpoint just one reason you want to stay at Cambria because all the bonuses add up quickly! Water park, outdoor movies, sports center and more. Let’s explore each below. And remember, Cambria has NO resort fees.
30,000 Square-foot Water Park
Not a typo. Choose from the main pool, the beach entry kids pool, an oversized hot tub, multiple splash zones, two waterpark style slides (must be 48 inches tall)—but I say try them all!
The water park is heated (trust me, it’s warm even in January!) and open year-round. Just like any pool, they do close at times bad weather and/or for seasonal maintenance.
Pool area opens at 7 am and closes at 10 pm most days. The water slides and splash areas are open 10 am until 9 pm and there is no lifeguard on duty. There’s also a large movie wall that you can view from the pool and surrounding area.
Outdoor Sports Center
Mini golf anyone? Putter around right here.
Test your skills on the putting green or the sport court. This is in addition to the indoor gym available for your regular workout session.
Dining & More
Stay a while why don’t you? Cambria has really given their hotel and extended stay feel.
Along with in-room kitchenettes and full size fridges, they have tons of grills, lots of outdoor seating and fire pits and an outdoor bar with food and drinks for purchase.
Need more food to munch on? Starbucks, The Habit Burger, California Fish Grill, Jersey Mikes Sandwiches, Yogurtland, Luna Grill, and Ono Hawaiian BBQ are all just steps away.
Final thoughts on Cambria Hotel & Suites . . . I think this an excellent choice for families who don’t mind the short daily “commute” to Disneyland. It’s super close to freeway access (without being loud in your room) and has so many amenities to keep you entertained on those much needed days off from Disneyland. Sleeping up to 7 in one suite is a huge reason many larger families will be making this their go-to Disneyland hotel.
Will you be booking your next visit to Disneyland Resort and a room at Cambria Hotel & Suites?