We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Quick guide to Disneyland parking. Complete parking tips for your Disneyland vacation.
Heading to Disneyland? Don’t let parking slow you down. We’ve got all the Disneyland parking secrets, parking hours and directions and the best place to park at Disneyland Resort.
There are several Disneyland Parking areas to choose from when parking at Disneyland Resort. This article explains each area, along with tips for parking in that section and which is best for you depending on direction of travel, kids, pets and more.
What time does Disneyland parking open?
Disneyland Resort parking lots open at least one hour before Disneyland opens, but may open even earlier. Here’s a snapshot of your basic parking options for a day at Disneyland Resort.
Mickey and Friends Disneyland Parking
- Mickey and Friends parking structure opens 90 minutes before Disneyland Park‘s opening time. If Disneyland Park is hosting Magic Morning at 8 am with a regular park opening at 9 am, the parking lot will open at 6:30 am. If there is no Magic Morning scheduled and the park opens at 9 am, Mickey and Friends will open at 7:30 am.
- Mickey and Friends parking fee is $25 per day, with in and out privileges for regular sized vehicles.
- Easy access if traveling on the 5 south.
- Park here if you’re bringing your pet to the Disneyland kennel.
Toy Story Disneyland Parking Lot
- Toy Story parking lot opens one hour before scheduled theme park opening time. On days featuring Magic Morning at Disneyland Park, the Toy Story lot will open 90 minutes prior. If Disneyland Park is hosting Magic Morning at 8 am with a regular park opening at 9 am, the parking lot will open at 6:30 am. If there is no Magic Morning scheduled and the park opens at 9 am, Toy Story lot will open at 8 am.
- Toy Story parking lot parking fee is $25 per day, with in and out privileges for regular sized vehicles.
- Easy access if traveling on the 5 north.
Downtown Disney District Parking Lot
- Downtown Disney District parking lot opens one hour before scheduled theme park opening time.
- No theme park parking available.
- Downtown Disney parking fee is $14 per hour, validation with minimum spending may be permitted.
How much does Disneyland parking cost?
Disneyland parking prices increased on January 6, 2019. Theme park parking is $25 per day for cars and motorcycles, with additional fees for oversized vehicles, motor homes and tractors without trailers or for buses and tractors with extended trailers. Preferred parking is available at Mickey and Friends parking structure for a daily rate of $40 per car. Parking prices are subject to change at any time.
How do I pay for Disneyland parking?
Pay at any parking area booth with cash, card, Disney gift card (read about all the things you can buy with Disney gift cards here) or Disney vouchers. In and out access for the day is allowed. After parking you will take a tram, shuttle bus or walkway to the Disneyland main gates. More details on that below.
Mickey and Friends Disneyland Parking
Located on Disney Drive and Ball Road; if you are coming from the 5 Southbound, exit at Disneyland Dr./Ball Rd. and stay in the left lanes for theme park parking. If you’re carpooling, stay in the carpool lane and use the carpool exit for Disneyland Drive.
Six stories of parking with restrooms, elevators and escalators lead you to the security check point and tram for a ride to Disneyland Resort’s main entrance.
As you head down the escalator for security screening, get a bird’s eye view on the security lines and decide which line you’ll head toward. Security screening is currently on the first level of the parking garage, but you must go down the escalator to access it.
After clearing security, make your way to the tram. Also note that children may not ride in strollers while abroad the tram. Strollers must be folded up unless you snag one of the coveted extra large rows. But even then, kids must be removed from the stroller.
Tram rides are quick and convenient but if you’re 6 feet tall or more, these seats might be a little tight. It’s a short ride over, but be prepared. Note: if you’re bringing your pet to Disneyland, park in Mickey and Friends. EV charging stations are also located in Mickey and Friends on the second level.
Toy Story Lot Disneyland Parking
Toy Story Shuttle Lot is an uncovered parking area located on Harbor Blvd near the Anaheim Convention Center. If you are coming from the 5 freeway northbound, you’ll likely find yourself here. This area is open regularly and also serves as overflow when Mickey and Friends is full. You’ll be taken via Toy Story shuttle bus to Disneyland Resort’s main entrance. Security checkpoints for the Toy Story parking lot is located just steps away from the main gates of Disneyland and California Adventure. Note: if you’re bringing your pet to Disneyland, park in Mickey and Friends.
Downtown Disney District Disneyland Parking
Parking at Downtown Disney changes effective August 16, 2017. Free parking is no longer available. Downtown Disney parking is now $14 for each hour. Pay with cash, card, gift card or vouchers. You can get Downtown Disney parking for “free” with validation and minimum spending.
- 2 hours free with any $20 purchase and validation from any Downtown Disney location (including quick service and kiosks)
- 4 hours free with validation from any Downtown Disney table-service restaurant. I’ve listed all of the places to eat at Downtown Disney here.
Resort Hotels Disneyland Parking
If you’re staying at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels, you are still required to pay a nightly parking fee of $25 per night, additional fees for oversized vehicles.
Dining at an onsite restaurant for a romantic night out or maybe for a character breakfast? Get 3-5 hours free with validation from select hotel restaurants. After your validation time expires, there’s an additional fee so be sure to set a timer on your phone. Parking includes ground level and parking structure options. Remember, there is no theme park or Downtown Disney parking at any of the Disneyland Resort hotel. You can pay with cash, card, gift card or vouchers.
Disneyland Pick Up & Drop Off
If you’re simply doing a quick pick up or drop off at Disneyland Resort, this information is for you!
Travel north on Harbor Blvd toward the 5 freeway. Before you reach the pedestrian walkway, turn left into the pick up and drop off area. If you’re traveling south on Harbor toward Disney Way, turn right into the pick up and drop off area which is just past the pedestrian crosswalk and bus/shuttle drop off area. Let us know if you have any Disneyland parking questions in the comments and we’ll do our best to answer.
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.