Courtyard Marriott: a Disneyland water park hotel is steps away from Disneyland’s entrance. Since opening only a few years ago, many families visiting Disneyland Resort have made this their go-to hotel and I’m about to show you why.
I remember watching this hotel being built and I took a tour of it when it first opened but finally stayed here myself in 2020. Water park hotels are the most popular option for staying in sunny Southern California near Disneyland and this one truly paved the way for them all.
Officially dubbed the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance, I think this hotel is best for large families and looking for a unique Disneyland experience with larger rooms, bunk beds, an amazing on site water park and a quick walk to Disneyland.
Keep reading for more details on rooms and amenities.
Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance Location
Courtyard Marriott Disneyland Water Park hotel is located at 1420 S. Harbor Blvd. Anaheim, CA 92802.
Is this hotel walkable?
Courtyard is about a 7 minute walk to Disneyland. It’s so close, you can view fireworks from the hotel, see the Monorail go by and see many Disneyland attractions right from your room or water park lounge chair.
Here’s the best ways to get to Disneyland from Courtyard:
- Walk. It shouldn’t take you any longer than 10 minutes, if that.
- Drive & Park. Being on your own schedule is key. When you drive your own car, it’s super simple to park at Disneyland. But walking truly is going to be faster! And probably less walking in reality.
- Uber it! If your kids don’t need car seats (under 8 years old need them and Uber does not provide them), get an Uber. Ubers aplenty in Anaheim but honestly, you won’t need one unless you want n Uber to take you somewhere else in Anaheim, the walk is that close!
When you need a family hotel near Disneyland with a great place to unwind and soak up the sun.
Courtyard Marriott Water Park Hotel Rooms
Courtyard knew what they were doing when they designed this hotel. It has everything parents didn’t even think to ask for in a hotel room.
It’s super close to Disneyland and gives you much-needed time to chill by the pool after a long morning in the parks. They also have a quick service lounge/restaurant on site.
Now let’s dive into the details on each room type. Note all room photos are from the two queen & bunk bed rooms which you can book using my promo code. Get my promo code delivered to your inbox now.
- Courtyard 2 Queen Waterpark View room has 2 queen beds a bunk bed, bathroom with a tub/shower combo and another shower, desk, fridge and microwave.
- Courtyard 2 Queen Standard View room has 2 queen beds, bunk beds, bathroom with a tub/shower combo and another shower, desk, fridge and microwave.
I personally stayed 2 nights in a queen bed and then stayed an extra night in a friend’s room and tried out the bunk bed. The bunk beds feel more narrow than a regular size twin, but it was totally comfortable. The bunk beds do have a weight limit, so just be careful there if you plan to have older teens or adults also use the bunk beds.
Get my promo code delivered to your inbox now.
Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance Food
I usually save all my appetite for Disneyland, I especially love eating breakfast there at my favorite spots. But if you need something to eat or want to grab a Starbucks coffee while staying at Courtyard, your options are just a few steps from your room.
Inside the lobby you’ll find The Bistro with plenty of grab and go snacks, Starbucks drinks and small bites. We dined here for lunch and the food was really, really good.
I went halvsies with my friend where I ordered a bacon quesadilla and she ordered a burger, just to name a few of their offerings.
We split them so we could try both and it was perfect! We even had dessert and dining outside on the patio was a perfect escape from Disneyland.
I also likes the close proximity to McDonald’s, Mimi’s Cafe, Panera and of course Disneyland for even more food options. And remember, the in room fridge is perfect for leftovers!
Courtyard Marriott Water Park Hotel Bonus
There might be just one reason you want to stay at Courtyard, hello water park! Let’s explore that major it factor a little more.
You’ll spot the water park almost before you spot Disneyland, and if you have kids trust me they’ll be excited about this!
Surfside Water Park is on the second story with Disneyland views, plus these perks:
- Low crowds with reservations in place.
- Explore 20,000 square feet of slides, pools, fountains and more.
- 30-feet Courtyard Coaster and Anaheim Accelerator, two big slides for adults and big kids alike (40 inch height requirement)
- Kowabunga and Hang 10 slides (36 inch height requirement)
- A 400-gallon Drench Bucket
- Splash pads and fountains throughout
- 42-foot pool
- Extra large hot tub
Pool is heated and open daily year-round from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm with plenty of seating and lounge chairs nearby.
Final thoughts on the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance . . . the price point in definatly the highest of any off-site Disneyland hotels. That’s a strong point to consider when you’re trying to decide between this hotel and other favorites like The Disneyland Hotel itself. When I stayed here, I split the room with another adult for a conference so the price was totally manageable.
I’m not sure I’d pick this over a Disney property seeing that a lot of times they’re similar in price. I do love the bunk beds, the decor and the water park. If you can snag this at a good price, the decision is simple! What do you think? Worth the cost for the bonus amenities and newness of the hotel? Plus a trusted brand like Marriott?
Will you be booking your next visit to Disneyland Resort and room at the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance?