Downtown Disney Halloween food 2020 guide has arrived! The deliciously spooky eats and treats top off a ghoulishly good time during Halloween Time at Disneyland.
2020 Halloween Time feels totally different with new health and safety measures in place, there’s one thing that hans’t changed (at Downtown Disney at least) . . . and that’s the food!
Every year the chefs and culinary teams at Disneyland Resort out-do themselves with pumpkin flavors, caramel apple gooey goodness, candy corn and other spooky flavors and creations. This year we’ll see partner properties at Downtown Disney show us what they got for Halloween Time.
Halloween Time at Downtown Disney runs through October 31, 2020 which really isn’t enough time to try it all so be sure to jot down your favorites—along with their location before your visit.
Downtown Disney Halloween Treats
In 2020 there are 7 different Halloween Time treats at Downtown Disney’s sweet shop. If this is on your must-eat list, be sure to stop by early in your visit and put your name on the waiting list. Shopping at Downtown Disney is all socially distant, so they’ll text you when it’s your turn.
- Marceline’s Confectionary Minnie Witch Candy Apple – Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel with marshmallow ears, enrobed in milk chocolate, and decorated with a chocolate witch hat, lavender-colored sugar, and orange candy-coated chocolates
- Marceline’s Confectionary Pumpkin pie flavored crispy treat, I loved this one!!
- Marceline’s Confectionary Minnie Witch Crispy Treat – Crisped rice treat dipped in milk chocolate and decorated with a chocolate witch hat, lavender-colored sugar, and orange candy-coated chocolates
- Marceline’s Confectionary Magic Mirror Crispy Treat – Oval-shaped crisped rice treat dipped in dark black chocolate and decorated with dark chocolate, yellow white chocolate, and red candy-coated chocolates
- Marceline’s Confectionary Mickey shaped Halloween cookie, spider web or candy corn
- Marceline’s Confectionary Hades Candy Apple – Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel, enrobed in colored chocolate, and decorated with a chocolate Hades amulet
- Marceline’s Confectionary Ursula Candy Apple – Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel, enrobed in colored chocolate, and decorated with a chocolate Ursula shell
- Marceline’s Confectionary Cinnamon Marshmallow Wand – Marshmallows dipped in caramel, enrobed in white chocolate, and covered in cinnamon and sugar
- Marceline’s Confectionary Pumpkin-spiced Toffee (Available Oct. 29-31 While Supplies Last) – Toffee enrobed in white chocolate and covered in pumpkin spice and orange colored sugar
- Kayla’s Cake Mummy Macarons (Available through Oct. 31) – With cookies and cream buttercream
- Kayla’s Cake Pumpkin Cheesecake Macarons (Available through Oct. 31) – With white chocolate pumpkin ganache.
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Spooky Boo-Berry (a take on blueberry), Caramel Apple, and Maple Pecan Crème Anglaise Dipping Sauces (Available through Nov. 29) – Seasonal dipping sauces with beignets
- Sprinkles Pumpkin Cupcake (Available through Nov. 29) – Pumpkin cake laced with fragrant ginger, clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon topped with sweet cinnamon cream cheese frosting
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Cinnamon Bitz with Caramel Sauce (Available while Supplies Last)
Downtown Disney Halloween Food
If you’re looking for a sit down restaurant in Downtown Disney be sure to make a reservation via the Disneyland App for a spot.
- Ballast Point Short Rib Pot Pie (Available through Nov. 29) – Braised short rib, root vegetables, mushrooms, Piper Down Scottish Ale reduction, and puff pastry crust
- Earl of Sandwich Caribbean Jerk Sandwich (Available through Nov. 15) – Grilled chicken, roasted peppers, banana peppers, and mild or spicy jerk sauce
- Naples Ristorante e Bar Pumpkin Ravioli (Available through Oct. 31) – House-made ravioli filled with pumpkin and topped with brown butter sauce, sage, and Parmesan
- Uva Bar & Café Monster Burger (Available through Oct. 31) – Two certified Angus beef patties, bacon, fried egg, onion rings, yellow cheddar, lettuce, tomato, and secret sauce served with potato barrels
Downtown Disney Halloween Drinks
With a Downtown Disney brewery and plenty of places to grab an adult beverage, you’re going to have a hard time choosing where to start this spooky season.
- Ballast Point Pumpkin Down Ale (Available while Supplies Last) – Flavors of caramel and toffee maltiness of our Piper Down Scottish Ale with roasted pumpkin and a hint of spice
- Ballast Point Pumpkin Down Ale Float (Available while Supplies Last) – 8 oz pour of Pumpkin Down Ale in a tulip glass with scoops of vanilla bean ice cream and garnished with a slightly sweetened waffle wedge
- Naples Ristorante e Bar Sundown Mule (Available through Nov. 9) – Vodka, crème de cassis, ginger beers, and ginger ale
- Tortilla Jo’s Hibiscus Baca-Rita (Available through Nov. 16) – Mezcal, organic margarita mix, hibiscus, and peach schnapps
- Uva Bar & Café Trick or Treat Cocktail (Available through Oct. 31) – Bourbon, pumpkin syrup, lemon juice, and soda water
Halloween Shakes, Smoothies & Ice Cream
Black Tap is crazy good every season, ever since I got to attend their pre-grand opening event as media I have made this a pit spot in Downtown Disney. See my full review here.
- BlackTap Pumpkin Pie Classic Shake (Available through Oct. 31)
- Jamba Pumpkin Smash (Available while Supplies Last) – pumpkin-flavored smoothie available in classic or a new plant-based recipe
- Jamba Power Fall Antioxidant Add-On Products (Available through Nov. 9) – get a boost of antioxidants and vitamins with the açai super anti-oxidant or orange c-booster smoothies, orange carrot twist juice, or an açai primo bowl
- Salt & Straw The Great Candycopia Ice Cream (Available Oct. 9 through Nov. 5)
- Salt & Straw Creepy Crawly Critters Ice Cream (Available Oct. 9 through Nov. 5)
- Salt & Straw Mummy’s Pumpkin Spiced Potion Ice Cream (Available Oct. 9 through Nov. 5) – vegan
Downtown Disney Halloween Churros
This year, we have some churro choices at Downtown Disney and at home!
- California Churros Pumpkin Spice Churro (Available through Nov. 15) with a side of cream cheese frosting
- Six Halloween Time churros you can easily create at home with this simple hack
Bonus New Halloween Shopping
Backlot Premiere Shop has arrived at Stage 17 at the other end of Downtown Disney District, near Harbor Blvd. This is actually the space inside California Adventure, but Disney is opening up the other entrance from the esplanade to give you a chance to buy the newest and seasonal merchandise this Halloween Time.
I want to hear from you! Comment below with which Downtown Disney Halloween food you’ll be sinking your teeth into in 2020.