We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Disneyland’s new theme park reservation system 2021— all the information on booking your theme park reservations for the reopening!
Disneyland has launched the all-new reservation system for 2021 in order to attend the theme parks.
This new reservation system is required for all ticketed guests ages 3 and up. Even if you already have tickets, flights or hotels booked—add this to your must do list!
Important Disneyland Reservation Dates
Disneyland Resort will begin accepting reservations in the all new Disneyland reservation system for the reopening for Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park in April 2021.
Disneyland reservations open:
- 60 days before your first day in the parks. California residents with valid Disneyland theme park tickets can make Disneyland theme park reservations up to 60 days in advance.
- Those without a ticket can purchase new tickets now and California residents can make reservations up to 60 days in advance.
- All guests can make reservations to stay at Disney’s Grand Californian. A stay at the hotel does not include a theme park reservation or theme park access. Book your stay here with my promo code DisneylandPlan.
- June 15, 2021 The state of California dictates when out of state guests can return to Disneyland Resort. June 15th is the earliest date I see that happening. Here’s the direct link to California’s reopening plan.
Know before you go regarding tickets & reservations:
- tickets for Disneyland Resort are available online here.
- expiration dates have been extended for many ticket types.
- preview Disneyland reservation calendar availability here for ONE PARK PER DAY and here for HOPPERS because it’s different for each ticket type!
- face coverings and other health screenings are required.
- reservations are expected to be through 2021 and possibly longer.
- park hopping is permitted, beginning at 1:00 pm with a valid hopper ticket and reservation at your initial park.
How to Make Disneyland Reservations
When the Disneyland theme park reservation system opens for your travels dates, you will want to make the process as easy as possible.
- Access the Disneyland reservation system here, on Disneyland’s official website.
- If you’re not already signed in, the website will prompt you to do so. Create or sign into your Disney account online, not via the mobile app.
- Once you’re in queue and ready to make reservations it will prompt you to add your tickets and assign each ticket a guest name in your Disneyland account. If you’ve already added tickets, you should see them here.
- Create your party by selecting the names/tickets of people going with you to Disneyland.
- Select your date and theme park that you wish to visit from the available theme park reservations, as shown in the video.
- Review and confirm your plans.
- Restart the process for multiple dates and/or visits.
Know before you go regarding securing reservations:
Do you have more questions I haven’t addressed on Disneyland’s reservation system? Keep reading and please add your comments to help me better clarify this article as more reservation details are released.
Disneyland Reservations Troubleshooting
Franticly trying to make your Disneyland reservations and need help? Here are some things to try:
- Different browser.
- Not recognizing your log in? Log in at shopDisney, then use a new tab to open the Disneyland site.
- Chat with Disneyland IT on the Disneyland website.
Work with multiple computers, devices and browsers. You want every chance you can to get into the queue at an earlier time. Just like I recommend with Rise of the Resistance, you need multiple players in the game. If you have multiple adults that are attending with you, have everyone try their luck.
Group text messages are your friend. We had a group of 4 live streaming the reservation process. It really helped us get our plans together and help each other talk things out. If you’re booking with anyone else, have a group text ready to roll.
Set aside a good amount of time to secure reservations and choose a spotwith consistent internet connection. While I was online for only 30-40 minutes getting my reservations, others spent more time in queue. Have other things you need to do that day around the house or watch a Marvel marathon while you keep an eye on the queue.
Do not refresh or freak out if there’s a pause or error. A Touch of Disney kicked off the virtual queue and about 30 minutes in, many were plagued by errors. My friend kept her page open with the error message without refreshing. Then they paused the queue. During the pause, they were fixing things and my friend ended up getting in to purchase first in our group.
I also had issues getting reservations because it wasn’t showing my tickets I had entered. I decided to click around in a new tab and was able to get through.
What troubleshooting techniques worked for you? Please comment below so we can all benefit.
Disneyland Reservations Questions
Your input is much appreciated as we all learn and gather information together during the reopening of Disneyland Resort. Here’s answers to your most common questions about Disneyland’s new theme park reservation system.
Can I preview the availability before buying tickets or making a decision?
When do Disneyland reservations open?
Here’s when Disneyland reservations open on the Disneyland reservation system and what it means for your vacation:
- California residents holding valid Disneyland theme park tickets can make Disneyland theme park reservations up to 60 days in advance.
- Everyone can purchase new tickets now.
- All guests can make reservations to stay at Disney’s Grand Californian. A stay at the hotel does not include a theme park reservation or theme park access. Book your stay here with my promo code.
How far in advance can I make Disneyland theme park reservations?
Ticket holders can make reservations up to 60 days in advance. Reservations may be subject to residency and/or vaccination/testing requirements. See this article for the latest on vaccinations for out of state residents.
Do I need a reservation even if I have tickets/hotel/flight to Disneyland?
Yes, all ticketed guests ages 3 and up will need reservations in addition to your park ticket for park admission during the initial reopening.
Can I still park hop at Disneyland Resort?
Yes, guests with Park Hopper tickets and reservations may visit the other park on the same day starting at 1:00 pm.
Can I leave the park and re-enter later in the day?
Yes, all theme park reservations come with re-entry privileges.
Do I have to arrive at the exact time my reservation begins?
No, those are usually just park hours and you can arrive whenever you’d like.
When can non-Californians make Disneyland Reservations?
The state of California dictates when out of state guests can return to theme parks. June 15th is the date California has set for full reopening. Here’s the direct link to California’s reopening plan. In addition, the state has updated guidelines saying out of state visitors can visit theme parks with proof of vaccination, however Disney has said they will not yet be accepting out of state guests at this time.
Will Disneyland limit capacity when they reopen?
Yes, Disneyland reopening will operate under reduced capacity. This could be the best time to go for those who are always looking for low crowds!
More questions on the Disneyland reservation system? Let’s talk!