Disneyland Halloween Party—Oogie Boogie Bash returns in 2022!
Here’s all the info we have for 2022 to help you make your Disneyland Plans and if you want to join my email newsletter, opt it here so you dont miss a thing!
Oogie Boogie Bash is an after-hours, trick-or-treat event at Disneyland Resort in September and October. It debuted to rave reviews in 2019 and we can’t wait to welcome it back for a third time in 2022.
The Disneyland Resort Halloween party hosted by Oogie Boogie from from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas will return in 2022. Keep reading for all the details.
Disneyland Halloween Party Dates
- September 6, 10, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, 29.
- October 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
- My predicted dates for 2022 were correct (with the exception of dates added during D23 Expo)
- The first date to sell out in 2022 was 10/29 which sold out on the first day of public sales along with 10/20 and 10/9
On party dates guests can enter the park as early as 3:00 pm, with the actual party beginning at 6:00 pm. 6:00 pm is the regular closing hour for non-party guests.
What’s Included at Oogie Boogie Bash
Oogie Boogie Bash is a Halloween Party for the Disney-loving fan of all ages. It’s not nearly as spooky as neighboring theme park events.
Ticket prices start at $129 and includes the following:
- Admission to Disney California Adventure Park at 3:00 pm, three hours before party kick-off
- Most Disney California Adventure attractions
- Treat Trails themed to favorite Disney Villains where you collect candy, snacks and treats
- Frightfully Fun Parade starring Mickey, Minnie and some of your fave Disney Villains
- Mickey’s Trick & Treat, a toddler friendly show featuring Mickey and friends
- Appearances by Villains and Disney friends like Mickey and Minnie in their Halloween outfits
- Villains Grove, a walk through world with spooky lighting, projection and sound
- Unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos
- Tons of Halloween decor, lighting, music and effects
Keep reading as we deep dive into many of the highlights of Oogie Boogie Bash below.
Halloween Trick or Treat Trails
Let’s talk candy and trick or treating at Disney California Adventure! Yes, you can trick or treat during Oogie Boogie Bash.
Everyone is encouraged to trick or treat, even adults. Joining in the trick or treating fun has everyone giddy and feeling like a kid again. You’ll need these cute, compact travel bags for your trick or treat haul.
Trick or treating is only during Oogie Boogie Bash. Stop to trick or treat at marked trails throughout the park. Trails are clearly marked on the map you pick up when you arrive.
And to help you better plan your visit, I have listed all the trick or treat locations below. BUT if you want my exact Disneyland Plan strategy for Oogie Boogie Bash you can print off an Oogie Boogie Bash plan as a step by step guide to your Halloween Party.
Each trail has several trick or treat spots where you will pick up candy and snacks along the route. Lines may seem long but move quickly. Lines are longest at the beginning of the party. If you want to meet say, Ernesto de la Cruz don’t go there first, save it for a bit into the party so lines die down.
We found that the first stop usually gave candy or chocolate (Snickers, chocolate, Starburst, etc.) and the other few along the trail gave out snack items (pretzels, Goldfish Crackers, apple slices, etc.). From my experience, there were no specific allergy lines, but every trail had something allergy friendly to offer.
Returning in 2022, iconic Halloween characters and new villains are on call for the festivities at the trick or treat trails.
Immersive trails in 2022 will feature Mother Gothel from Tangled, Mad Madam Mim from The Sword and the Stone and MORE shared below.
There are 9 immersive treat trail experiences, meaning you can visit and interact with some of your favorite Disney characters and villains as you pass by!
The list below is not the order I recommend for best use of time, but is certainly one type of itinerary you could follow. To get my exact itinerary print your.
But first, be sure to bring your compact reusable tote. These travel well and help keep everyone’s candy separate with their unique prints and colors. I love how it folds up into itself when not in use.
- Cruella de Vil at Hollywood Backlot Stage in Hollywood Land (outside)
- Mad Madam Mim from The Sword and the Stone in Hollywood Land between the Hyperion and Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout (outside)
- Agatha Harkness in Avengers Campus (outside)
- Ernesto de la Cruz near entrance to Avengers Campus in Bountiful Valley Hideaway (outside)
- Oogie Boogie in Animation Building in Hollywood Land (inside)
- Maleficent near Soarin in Grizzly Peak (outside)
- Mother Gothel from Tangled behind Grizzly River Run in Grizzly Peak (outside)
- Dr Facilier from Princess and the Frog near Golden Zephyr (outside)
- Sid on Pixar Pier (outside)
You can get my complete Oogie Boogie Bash itinerary here which details not only which order to do the trick or treat trails but when to fit in other exclusive party events!
How much candy and treats will you get this season?! A lot! We went to every trail one time and had a full carry on of candy and snacks to take home. Plan to bring your own trick or treat back and consider getting a locker to put it in if you’re exploring more of the party offerings.
Frightfully Fun Parade
Halloween at Disneyland is a delightful sight with fall decor everywhere you look. In addition to Disney characters in seasonal costumes, Halloween inspired attractions and trick or treat stations, guests at Oogie Boogie Bash will enjoy a huge assortment of fun and frights.
The parade runs each night of the party at 7:45 pm and 10:00 pm.
The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow (from “The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad”) will ride through the center of it all starting with the pre-parade.
Frightfully Fun Parade Time, hosted twice of nights of Oogie Boogie Bash. The second showing is often less attended and offers more viewing areas.
Tips for the parade:
- Watch the first showing if you have little ones who won’t be awake very late.
- Watch the second showing if you plan to stay until closing.
- Upgrade to a dining package or dessert party for prime viewing with less waiting and saving spots. More on that below.
You can only see this parade during Oogie Boogie Bash. Mickey and Minnie Mouse are among the first Disney characters to join the parade and it gets increasingly scary as it goes along.
The parade route at California Adventure is extensive and you should be able to get good viewing wherever you decide to watch.
Back to join the party, the whimsical favorite Cheshire Cat joins the parade! I can’t wait to see that mischievous smile make its way down the parade route.
VIP Oogie Boogie Bash Experience. Do you want to enjoy the parade and feel like a VIP at the same time? Disney knows how to make those upgrades super tempting, and these two are no exception.
Oogie Boogie Bash dining packages are available for Frightfully Fun Parade reserved viewing. Dine at Wine Country, but check in early to secure your Oogie Boogie Bash dining upgrade.
Choose from two viewing options for your Frightfully Fun Parade:
- Wine Country Oogie Boogie Bash Dining Parade Package includes a special 3-course meal. Then return later to a seperate Frightfully Fun Parade reserved viewing area. Pricing is around $55 for adults and $40 for children (ages 3-9). The kids package even comes with an Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket! Make your reservation here.
Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party includes sweets, treats and drinks to top off the night. You also enjoy seating at a table along the parade route and remain in those comfy spots for the duration of the parade. Pricing is about $84 per guest ages 3 and up. Make your reservation here.
We tried the Dessert Party which was a huge hit with my kids. We all loved having the actual seats to enjoy the best view for the parade. The dessert platters were filled with goodies. We also ordered a fruit platter which is available on request and as an allergy option.
If you have a large group, I suggest ordering one fruit platter instead of all desserts, trust me you’ll have plenty to enjoy. Plus, just look at those Halloween vibes on that fruit tray!
During the Dessert Party you also have access to drinks like soda, adult drinks and this non alcoholic punch pictured above. Be sure to ask for a box (or two!) before you go and take those goodies home with you.
Mickey’s Trick and Treat Show
Exclusive to Oogie Boogie Bash, you won’t be able to see this show anywhere else!
“Perfect for young guests, this interactive stage production invites kids of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party!”
Mickey’s Trick and Treat Show Times, hosted on nights of Oogie Boogie Bash at 6:25, 7:10, 7:55, 9:25 and 10:15. This show runs about 12 minutes long. See a preview of the show here.
These are super late times for the young target audience. If your little ones can take a late nap, you’ll see much lower crowds during later shows. If you want to see earlier shows, arrive at least 15 minutes prior.
Meet Villains & Disney Characters
There are tons of character meet and greet opportunities, but the name “Villains Grove” is deceptive. Villains Grove is a walk through experience in Redwood Creek Challenge Trail that begins at dusk.
It does not, however have any Villains to meet and greet there. See a sneak peek of Villains Grove here.
Villains Grove typically had the longest line during the first few nights of Oogie Boogie Bash, be sure to check the Disneyland for wait times or print your Oogie Boogie Bash plan here.
It’s appropriate for all ages, but no strollers are permitted. You’ll find tons of interactive projections and photo ops inside this creepy corner of California Adventure.
If you want to meet rotating Disney Villains during Oogie Boogie Bash, find their locations on the special map distributed for this event only.
Cinderella’s stepsisters are my favorite. Someday I want to dress up like one of them for Oogie Boogie Bash, now that would be so fun! You can interaction with more Disney Villains on the interactive treat trails listed earlier in the article.
Disneyland Halloween Party Costumes
All guests are encouraged to dress in costume and trick or treat at various treat stations during Oogie Boogie Bash. Adults and kids dress in a variety of costumes.
You can wear your costumes to the park beginning at the 3 pm mix-in hours. Kids can wear their costumes all day!
Whether you go all out with wigs and face paint and detailed costumes or do a simpler version, here’s some ideas for Oogie Boogie Bash:
- One year my family went as “Share a Coke” bottles. There are certain “Share a Coke” labels you can only find in Disney Parks, so we re-created them for a unique costume idea that was both comfortable and weather appropriate.
- In 2021 I brought my dad with me and the kids. We went as ROR and PNK from Monsters University.
- In 2022 my family, my sisters, some nephews, my brother in law and my dad came. We went as Lifeguards, I mean someone has to watch over Pixar Pier and Paradise Bay.
- The Ultimate List of Disney Costume Ideas from my friend Becca at This Crazy Adventure Called Life
Remember to keep your costume simple if riding attractions is your goal. You want something you can move around in and that’s cool enough for warm Southern California weather, even in the fall. Bring hoodies for the evening hours.
Bonus! Take advantage of all the free photos with PhotoPass photographers during your visit to California Adventure. I’ve listed some of my favorites here, but there will be so many great spots during the party!
Villainous! World of Color
Villainous World of Color will not return in 2022. Guests can enjoy the classic version of World of Color on non-party nights.
Only during Oogie Boogie Bash. A new Halloween version of World of Color where you’ll hear a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie.
We’ll see her while exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
Villainous! World of Color Times, hosted on nights of Oogie Boogie Bash at 9:00 and 10:45 pm, no need to secure a virtual queue since this is a special after-hours event. The show is about 20 minutes long.
Looking for the best viewing options? Stay out late and catch the second show for fewer crowds.
Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween Party Q&A
Can I use regular tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash?
No. Regular theme park tickets, even ones with new expiration dates cannot be used for this after hours event.
When do Oogie Boogie Bash tickets go on sale?
Tickets went on sale to the general public June 30, 2022 online only. This year Magic Key holders get pre-sale access on June 28, 2022.
Which dates sold out first in 2021?
The first 24 hours of ticket sales saw the cheapest party dates sell out first, along with many Saturday nights including Sept 28, Oct 19, 30.
Is my Disney Halloween Party ticket good for theme park admission?
Your ticket to Oogie Boogie Bash includes admission to California Adventure Park beginning at 3 pm.
What time can party guest enter California Adventure?
On party dates guests can enter the park as early as 3:00 pm, with the actual party beginning at 6:00 pm. 6:00 pm is the regular closing hour for non-party guests. The party ends at 11:00 pm.
How much are Disneyland Halloween Party tickets?
Oogie Boogie Bash ticket prices start at $129 and are only sold through Disney, but you can get my promo code for hotel stays delivered to your inbox now.
Oogie Boogie Bash is sold out, what should I do?
Can I buy Disney Halloween Party tickets on eBay?
No. Buying Oogie Boogie Bash tickets on eBay or anywhere other than Disneyland Resort itself (app, online or in person) is not permitted.
- September 6, 10, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, 29
- October 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
- My predicted dates for 2022 were correct (with the exception of three dates)
Halloween decor and attraction overlays run at Disneyland Resort from (anticipated start date) September 3-October 31, 2022.
- Remember, you can get in California Adventure Park 3 hours before party start time, check your ticket for details.
- Ticket prices start at $127.
- If you plan on going to Disneyland Resort before 3 pm, you will need separate theme park admission.
- Tickets are required for everyone 3 and older. There are no child prices.
Halloween Party Last Minute Tips
When you arrive, you can enter California Adventure Park with your Oogie Boogie Bash ticket. You will get a wristband and trick or treat bag once you enter for the first time.
If you’re already spending the day in the park, no need to exit and re-enter. Wristband distribution will take place at the main gates, Grand Californian gates and across from Blue Sky Cellar.
Another last minute thing that not too many people have mentioned is Animation Academy has the perfect opportunities to draw your favorite Disney Villains during Oogie Boogie Bash!
Will you need a locker during Oogie Boogie Bash? I sure did. We brought hoodies, pants and other items at park opening to secure a spot.
Even Princess Ana needed a locker to stash all her chocolate as the night went on. Read about locker options here.
Remember, you can’t do it all during one night of Oogie Boogie Bash. Despite lower crowd levels, there’s so much packed into one night it’s truly impossible to do everything! Pick your favorites, do those first and everything else is icing on the cake.
Print your Oogie Boogie Bash Planning Guide here to keep notes on everything you’d like to do, see and eat!
Oogie Boogie Bash DescenDANCE Party
NOTE: DescenDANCE Party ran in 2019 only. No replacements have been announced.
Only during Oogie Boogie Bash. “A pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from the Disney Channel.
As the DescenDance begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” films.”
DescenDANCE Party Times, hosted on nights of Oogie Boogie Bash at 6:15, 7:30, 8:45, 9:45 and 10:30. NOTE: DescenDANCE Party ran in 2019 but did not return.
Will you be going to Oogie Boogie Bash this fall?