We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
It’s the middle of summer, or maybe just a heat wave at the end of September and you need to stay cool at Disneyland. We’ve got 6 ways to keep you calm, cool and comfortable even on the hottest days in Southern California.
1. Stay Cool at Disneyland with Indoor Rides and Queues
Just because it’s hot outside doesn’t mean you need to miss all the fun rides at Disneyland. Here’s the details on rides with cool indoor tracks and/or queues:
- Alice in Wonderland- outdoor waiting mostly in shade, 3 minute indoor and outdoor ride.
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters- waiting mostly indoors, 5 minute indoor ride.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage- outdoor waiting, 14 minute indoor ride.
- Haunted Mansion- outdoor waiting mostly in shade, 10 minute indoor ride.
- “it’s a small world”- outdoor waiting mostly in sun, 15 minute indoor ride.
- Indiana Jones Adventure- waiting mostly indoors and outside shade, 3 minute indoor ride.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh- outdoor waiting mostly in shade, 3 minute indoor and outdoor ride.
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride- outdoor waiting mostly in sun, 2 minute indoor ride.
- Peter Pan’s Flight- outdoor waiting mostly in sun, 3 minute indoor ride.
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey- waiting mostly indoors, 3 minute indoor ride.
- Pirates of the Caribbean- waiting mostly indoors, 16 minute indoor ride.
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin- waiting mostly indoors, 3 minute indoor ride.
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures- waiting mostly indoors, 3 minute indoor ride.
- Space Mountain- waiting mostly indoors, 3 minute indoor ride.
- Splash Mountain- waiting outdoors in sun and some under shade, 10 minute indoor and outdoor ride with a splash.
- Star Tours- waiting mostly indoors, 5 minute indoor ride.
2. Stay Cool at Disneyland with Cool Products
You’ll pay a huge premium for these items inside the park, so grab them beforehand and you’ll be more than ready to cool off when the sun shines.
Get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code Happiest10 at checkout.
[maxbutton id=”4″ ]
3. Stay Cool at Disneyland with Indoor Entertainment
These often skipped-over entertainment options just don’t entertain, they can keep you cool on a hot day too!
- Enchanted Tiki Room- step inside this tropical oasis for a fun show.
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln- cool off inside and maybe even sneak in a little nap with Abe.
- The Laughing Stock Co.- shows throughout the day at Golden Horseshoe.
- Main Street Cinema- classic Disney animation showcased here.
- Mickey and the Magical Map- a entertaining show little ones adore under a shady canopy outside.
- Royal Hall at Fantasy Faire- inside you’ll meet famed Disney princesses for photos and autographs.
- Storytelling at Royal Theatre- enjoy a twist on the princess fairytales we all know under and canopy outside.
4. Stay Cool at Disneyland with Cool-Down Attractions
Being hot, hot, hot at Disneyland is no joke. These attractions will have your hair blowing in the wind or drenching you with a cool-down water ride.
- Astro Orbitor- spin round and round above Tomorrowland in this space age rocket.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad- classic thrill ride through the wild, wild west.
- Casey Jr. Circus Train- this usually makes my what not to ride list, but it you’re hot in Fantasyland you can usually hop on this quick moving train with little wait.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant- wait in the sun, but soar high above it all for a break from the heat.
- Jungle Cruise- this unique attraction travels through a jungle canopy and even shows you the backside of the water!
5. Stay Cool at Disneyland with Drinks and Desserts
There are too many to list here, but some of my favorite ways to cool down include the amazingly refreshing Mint Julep from Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square, Dole Whip (floats for me!) near Enchanted Tiki Room and various frozen lemonades throughout the park. We also like Cotton Candy lemonade from Cove Bar over at California Adventure. Cove Bar closed 1/8/18.
6. Stay Cool at Disneyland with Shady Escapes
- The Disney Gallery
- Disneyland Resort Hotel Lobbies
- Baby Care Center (for moms and moms-to-be)
- Shopping throughout the parks
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Mickey’s House
- Minnie’s House
Where do you go and what do you do to stay cool at Disneyland during the summer months?