We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Want to get into Disneyland 1 hour early— this is all about Disneyland Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour at the Disneyland Resort.
Did you know you can get into Disneyland Resort parks one hour early?
The Disneyland Resort has two early admission options and the two sound so identical that most people confuse them. Add on top of that the lack of credible information about Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour, and you could be setting yourself up for disappointment. No need to worry, we’ve done all the Magic Morning research so you don’t have to.
Let’s start by defining the two early admission options.
Magic Morning at Disneyland Park
- If you are a guest of any of the Disneyland Resort Hotels, this DOES NOT apply to you . . . well it sorta does, but that’s where it gets confusing (see Extra Magic Hour info below).
- Magic Morning is an early admission option offered ONLY at Disneyland Park, NOT California Adventure. If you’re a guest of Disneyland Resort Hotels, you get access to this same time period, only for you it’s called Extra Magic Hour and some things are different. Hang in there and keep reading.
- Magic Morning at Disneyland Park is offered on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Magic Morning begins one hour before the official park opening.
- Guests with a discount 3 day+ ticket purchased with our friends at Get Away Today get access to Magic Morning at Disneyland Park.
- 3 day pass or longer receive ONE Magic Morning early admission during your entire visit. This is not a bonus offered only on certain tickets— when you buy a 3 day ticket or longer in advance, your 3 day+ ticket automatically comes with a Magic Morning at Disneyland Park.
- Magic Morning access is indicated on the back of your advanced purchased 3 day+ park ticket, good for one Magic Morning use.
- Select attractions on Main Street, U.S.A., in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open during Magic Morning.
- FASTPASSES are NOT available during Magic Morning; stand-by lines are your only option.
- You can sign up for Jedi Training during Magic Morning, and I encourage you to do so, it should only take you a few minutes.
Extra Magic Hour at Disneyland Resort
- If you are a guest of any of the Disneyland Resort Hotels, this applies to you. If you are staying off-site, you do not have access to Extra Magic Hour but may be able to use Magic Mornings instead (see above info).
- Extra Magic Hour is an early admission option offered at Disneyland Park and California Adventure Park.
- Yes, Extra Magic Hour and Magic Mornings at Disneyland Park are essentially the same thing and occur during the same time. It is not a separate event.
- Extra Magic Hour at Disneyland Park is offered on Tuesday, Thursday at Saturday.
- Extra Magic Hour at California Adventure is offered only to registered guests of Disneyland Resort Hotels on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.
- Extra Magic Hour begins one hour before the official park opening.
- Registered guests of Disneyland Resort Hotels with a valid park ticket receive Extra Magic Hour access during your entire stay.
- You do not need to book a package with Disney to get access to Extra Magic Hour, you can get discount Disneyland tickets with our partner here and book your stay with promo code HAPPIEST10 for even more savings at a Disneyland hotel here.
- Select attractions on Main Street, U.S.A., in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open during Extra Magic Hour.
- Select attractions at California Adventure including Radiator Springs Racers and Toy Story Midway Mania are open during Extra Magic Hour.
- FASTPASSES are NOT available during Extra Magic Hour; stand-by lines are your only option.
Magic Morning at Disneyland Resort Q&A
- Can I use my Magic Morning for California Adventure? Unfortunately, no. Magic Morning is only for one time use at Disneyland Park on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.
- What time is Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour? Early admission begins one hour before regular park opening. Check the Disneyland app for official park hours.
- What rides are open during early admission? Attractions offered during early admission can change at any time, but typically you’ll find Fantasyland and Tomorrowland open at Disneyland, Cars Land, Paradise Gardens Park and Pixar Pier open at California Adventure.
- Can I use Disney MaxPass or FASTPASS during early admission? You can select via Disney MaxPass only, but they won’t be eligible to redeem until regular opening hours.
- What days does California Adventure have Extra Magic Hour? Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- What days does Disneyland open for early admission? Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.
- How can I get early admission to California Adventure? To get Extra Magic Hour at California Adventure you must be a registered guest at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels.
- How can I get early admission to Disneyland? You must either be a registered guest at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels or have a valid 3 day+ ticket to Disneyland Park.
- Can I sign up my child for Jedi Training during early admission at Disneyland? Yes, a certain number of spots are available during early admission.
- Can I use my Magic Morning access on every day of my visit? You can only use Magic Morning one time per ticket on either Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.
- Can I use my Extra Magic Hour access on every day of my visit? Yes, with a valid theme park admission and being a registered guest at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels allows you this access.
There’s certainly lots of information to keep straight, if we’ve missed something or if you have a question please let us know and we’ll address it in the comments and with updates to this post.
Disneyland expert who loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.