We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Want to get into Disneyland 1 hour early— this is all about Disneyland Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour at the Disneyland Resort.
The Disneyland Resort has two early admission options and the two sound so identical that most people confuse them. No need to worry, we’ve done all the Magic Morning research so you don’t have to.
Let’s start by defining the two early admission options.
Magic Morning at Disneyland Park
If you are a guest of any of the Disneyland Resort Hotels, this DOES NOT apply to you . . . well it sorta does, but that’s where it gets confusing (see Extra Magic Hour info below).
Magic Morning is an early admission option offered ONLY at Disneyland Park, NOT California Adventure. If you’re a guest of Disneyland Resort Hotels, you get access to this same time period, only for you it’s called Extra Magic Hour and some things are different. Hang in there and keep reading.
Quick details on Disneyland Magic Morning
- Offered at Disneyland Park is offered on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and select days throughout the year, so check the calendar before your visit.
- Begins one hour before the official park opening.
Who gets access to Magic Morning?
- Guests with a discount 3 day+ ticket purchased with our friends at Get Away Today get access to Magic Morning at Disneyland Park.
- 3 day pass or longer receive ONE Magic Morning early admission during your entire visit.
- This is not a bonus offered only on certain tickets— when you buy a 3 day ticket or longer in advance, your 3 day+ ticket automatically comes with a Magic Morning at Disneyland Park.
- Magic Morning access is indicated on the back of your advanced purchased 3 day+ park ticket, good for one Magic Morning use.
What’s open during Magic Morning?
- Select attractions on Main Street, U.S.A., in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open during early entry.
- FASTPASSES are NOT available to redeem during Magic Morning; stand-by lines are your only option.
- You can, however select FASTPASSES via Disney MaxPass during Magic Morning.
Extra Magic Hour at Disneyland Resort
If you are a guest of any of the Disneyland Resort Hotels, this applies to you. If you are staying off-site, you do not have access to Extra Magic Hour.
Quick details on Extra Magic Hour
- Extra Magic Hour is an early admission option offered at Disneyland Park and California Adventure Park.
- Extra Magic Hour is hosted at California Adventure on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and select days throughout the year, so check the calendar before your visit.
- Extra Magic Hour is hosted at Disneyland on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and select days throughout the year, so check the calendar before your visit.
- Yes, Extra Magic Hour and Magic Mornings at Disneyland Park are essentially the same thing and occur during the same time. It is not a separate event.
- Extra Magic Hour begins one hour before the official park opening.
Who gets access to Extra Magic Hour?
- Guests staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel, Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier Hotel.
- This is not a bonus offered only on certain tickets—any ticket will work, you just need to be a guest of one of the Disney-owned hotels.
- Extra Magic Hour access is granted with valid theme park admission and a current hotel room key (they are marked with valid dates).
Magic Morning at Disneyland Resort Q&A
Still have questions about Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour? There’s lot to learn so I’ve gathered some of the most frequently asked questions here.
Can I use my Magic Morning for California Adventure?
Unfortunately, no. Magic Morning is only for one time use at Disneyland Park on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.
What time is early entry at Disneyland?
Early admission begins one hour before regular park opening. Check the Disneyland app for official park hours.
What rides are open Magic Morning?
Attractions offered during early admission can change at any time, but typically you’ll find Fantasyland and Tomorrowland open at Disneyland during Magic Morning. At California Adventure’s Extra Magic Hour, it is usually Guardians of the Galaxy, Soarin’, Incredicoaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, Radiator Springs Racers, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree and sometimes other smaller rides are thrown into the mix.
Can I use Disney MaxPass or FASTPASS during Magic Morning?
You can select FASTPASSES to use later via Disney MaxPass only, but they won’t be eligible to redeem until regular opening hours. This even works if you have Magic Morning at Disneyland and want to get a FASTPASS for Radiator Springs Racers at California Adventure.
What days does California Adventure have Extra Magic Hour?
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
What days does Disneyland open for Magic Morning?
Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.
How can I get early entry to California Adventure?
To get Extra Magic Hour at California Adventure you must be a registered guest at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels.
How can I get Magic Morning at Disneyland?
You must either be a registered guest at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels or have a valid 3 day+ ticket to Disneyland Park.
Can I use my Magic Morning on every day of my trip?
No, you can only use it one time per ticket on either Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.
Can I use my Extra Magic Hour access on every day of my trip?
Yes, with a valid theme park admission and being a registered guest at one of the Disneyland Resort Hotels allows you this access.
There’s certainly lots of information to keep straight, if we’ve missed something or if you have a question please let us know and we’ll address it in the comments and with updates to this post.