We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Disneyland’s Electrical Parade 2019—it’s back! In a surprise move The Main Street Electrical Parade which debuted on June 17, 1972 is back in 2019. It first returned after a 20 years in January 2017 and now new to 2019! Main Street Electrical Parade is back for summer nights August 2 through September 30, 2019.
Read more about this classic nighttime Disney parade that has graced many Disney parks including California Adventure, Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris and more.
Main Street Electrical Parade is back for summer nights August 2 through September 30, 2019.
The return of Disneyland’s Main Street Electrical Parade delighted guests who remember this iconic nighttime parade from when they were young. With the absence of the famed Paint the Night Parade, many park regulars and locals are thrilled to come back to Disneyland Park, where it all began, with their little ones in tow to experience the joys of being a kid at Disneyland.
Like many excited guests, I grew up watching the Main Street Electrical Parade. In my little mind it was the most dazzling, beautiful thing I had ever seen. Snuggled up in my dad’s lap along Main Street, I had it all.
Disneyland’s Electrical Parade 2019 Detials
It’s back! And it brings along with it all the nostalgia of youth. The Main Street Electrical Parade knows how to hit it home with emotions. If this was the parade of your childhood, you have to see it again in person. While it may not be as amazing as it seemed to be back in the day, it’s still certainly a classic.
You will recognize the music instantly. Main Street Electrical Parade made Baroque Hoedown a familiar tune, guiding the floats down Main Street, U.S.A. The parade definitely has a retro vibe with spinning turtles, snails and other creatures, and of course the beloved Main Street Electrical Parade drum.
Along the parade route you’ll see classic Disney characters abroad floats including Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella’s mice, the stepsisters, Fairy Godmother, Cinderella in her beautifully lit pumpkin coach and Prince Charming. You will also see characters from Peter Pan, Snow White and even Pinocchio, Pete’s Dragon and more.
Disneyland’s Electrical Parade 2019 Seating Guide
My favorite areas to sit during parades are marked on this map and detailed below. Be sure to get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code Happiest10 at checkout.
Where should I sit for Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade?
These are my favorite spots, explained in detail along with the map above.
- it’s a small world– in 2017, part of this area is reserved for those with Main Street Electrical Parade on-the-go dining packages. We’re waiting on details about 2019 dining packages and will update this as soon as we hear. With or without a dining package, this is still a great area because of it’s easy access to restrooms and food. Choose a place on brick, or come to a terraced level in this area for a last-minute spot.
- Pixie Hollow– the stretch of parade route in-between Pixie Hollow and Matterhorn is lined with built in benches and narrow parade seating. I love this area because adults have a real place to sit, while kids can sit up close on the brick below. These seats go quickly; mark off your space well and no one will be able to push or sneak in behind you because of the benches and narrow accessibility.
- Town Square– this area is a great last-minute spot and a smart move for people who want to leave the parks as soon as the parade and fireworks are finished. Scout out an area anywhere on brick around the flag pole or up on the steps near the Main Street train station.
Will they bring back limited edition merchandise for Main Street Electrical Parade like they did in 2017?
Disneyland’s Electrical Parade 2019 Seating Plan
What’s your game plan for snagging hard to get seats for this iconic parade?
Getting a good seat requires skill and maybe a little patience. Here are three options for snagging a great spot for Main Street Electrical Parade.
1. Disneyland’s Electrical Parade: Reserved Seating
We’re waiting on word about reserved seating spots. In 2017, you could get a reserved seating area with a Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package. This is by far my favorite way to get the best spots for Main Street Electrical Parade. I recommend arriving at your reserved seating area at least 60 minutes before the parade begins.
Here’s a peak at what was offered in 2017, updates to follow for 2019 packages.
Blue Bayou Main Street Electrical Parade Dining
This is a premier dining experience and includes a 3 course prix fixe meal. Kids ages 2 and under are free but must be included in the total party number when you make reservations, and this assumes they will share a meal with a parent. You’ll find your reserved spot on Main Street near Carnation Cafe (a great spot to dine for breakfast!).
Aladdin’s Oasis Main Street Electrical Parade Dining
Note Aladdin’s Oasis is no longer, my guess is we’ll see a parade seating menu for Plaza Inn as they’ve done for other parades.
This on-the-go package can be eaten anywhere in the park, and even at your reserved parade spot near “it’s a small world”. If your reservation is at 4 pm, you eat anywhere in the park and return to your spot at the parade about 30 minutes before the show begins. No need to wait around for hours! This is one reason I recommend doing Aladdin’s Oasis . . . food and a saved spot without waiting for hours.
2. Disneyland’s Electrical Parade: hold a spot along the parade route early
3. Disneyland’s Electrical Parade: hold a spot along the route later
Disneyland expert who loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.