We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Disneyland’s Electrical Parade 2019—ended its run on September 30, 2019. In a surprise move The Main Street Electrical Parade which debuted on June 17, 1972 returned in 2019.
It first returned after a 20 years in January 2017 and in 2019. Main Street Electrical Parade ended September 30, 2019.
Read more about this classic nighttime Disney parade that has graced many Disney parks including California Adventure, Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris and more.
Main Street Electrical Parade concluded September 30, 2019.
The return of Disneyland’s Main Street Electrical Parade delighted guests who remember this iconic nighttime parade from when they were young. With the absence of the famed Paint the Night Parade, many park regulars and locals are thrilled to come back to Disneyland Park, where it all began, with their little ones in tow to experience the joys of being a kid at Disneyland.Like many excited guests, I grew up watching the Main Street Electrical Parade. In my little mind it was the most dazzling, beautiful thing I had ever seen. Snuggled up in my dad’s lap along Main Street, I had it all.
Disneyland’s Electrical Parade 2019 Details
Quick details for watching Main Street Electrical Parade at Disneyland Park in 2019.
What time does Main Street Electrical Parade start?
The parade begins at 8:40 and 10:45 pm at Disneyland Park.
How long is Main Street Electrical Parade?
The parade is 20 minutes long from the time it arrives to your spot, until the finale.
It’s back! And it brings along with it all the nostalgia of youth. The Main Street Electrical Parade knows how to hit it home with emotions. If this was the parade of your childhood, you have to see it again in person. While it may not be as amazing as it seemed to be back in the day, it’s still certainly a classic.
You will recognize the music instantly. Main Street Electrical Parade made Baroque Hoedown a familiar tune, guiding the floats down Main Street, U.S.A. The parade definitely has a retro vibe with spinning turtles, snails and other creatures, and of course the beloved Main Street Electrical Parade drum.
Along the parade route you’ll see classic Disney characters aboard floats including Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella’s mice, the stepsisters, Fairy Godmother, Cinderella in her beautifully lit pumpkin coach and Prince Charming. You will also see characters from Peter Pan, Snow White and even Pinocchio, Pete’s Dragon and more.
Disneyland’s Electrical Parade 2019 Seating Guide
My favorite areas to sit during parades are marked on this map and detailed below. Be sure to get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code Happiest10 at checkout.
Where should I sit for Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade?
These are my favorite spots, explained in detail along with the map above. Grab a treat and pick a spot at one of these detailed locations.
- it’s a small world– this is a great area because of its easy access to restrooms and food. Choose a place on brick, or come to a terraced level in this area for a last-minute spot.
- Pixie Hollow– the stretch of parade route in-between Pixie Hollow and Matterhorn is lined with built in benches and narrow parade seating. I love this area because adults have a real place to sit, while kids can sit up close on the brick below. These seats go quickly; mark off your space well and no one will be able to push or sneak in behind you because of the benches and narrow accessibility.
- Town Square– this area is a great last-minute spot and a smart move for people who want to leave the parks as soon as the parade and fireworks are finished. Scout out an area anywhere on brick around the flag pole or up on the steps near the Main Street train station.
Disneyland’s Electrical Parade 2019 Seating Plan
What’s your game plan for snagging hard to get seats for this iconic parade?
Getting a good seat requires skill and maybe a little patience. Here are three options for snagging a great spot for Main Street Electrical Parade.
1. Disneyland’s Electrical Parade: Reserved Seating
Reserved spots now open as of August 8, 2019. You can get a reserved viewing area with a Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package. This is by far my favorite way to get the best spots for Main Street Electrical Parade. I recommend arriving at your reserved seating area at least 60 minutes before the parade begins.
Plaza Inn Main Street Electrical Parade Dining
You’ll get your choice of a lunch entree (yes, fried chicken is an option!), one drink (with fountain drink refills), Plaza Inn special credential, voucher for access to reserved viewing area.
Choose any of the available restaurant tables indoors or under the adorable pink umbrellas outside. Later that evening, head to the special reserved viewing area for the parade.
Prices and Details:
- $40 per adult – tax not included; gratuity not required
- $25 per child (ages 3-9) – tax not included; gratuity not required
- Separate theme park admission is required and not included in the package price
- Reservations made between 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM will receive a voucher for the day’s first performance of Main Street Electrical Parade
- Use the Check Availability tool to find a table and book online or call (714) 781-3463 between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM daily
- Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call
- Advance reservations are highly recommended—same-day reservations can be made at the restaurant, but are limited and subject to availability
2. Disneyland’s Electrical Parade: hold a spot along the parade route early
3. Disneyland’s Electrical Parade: hold a spot along the route later
Disneyland expert who loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.