We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Magic Happens Disneyland Parade–all new Spring 2020!
Animated stories come to life in the all new Magic Happens Disneyland parade beginning Spring 2020.
When we said good-bye to Mickey’s Soundsational Parade in 2019, many were left wondering what day time parade will fill the void. Introducing Magic Happens, showcasing Disney favorites at Disneyland Park.
Like many guests, I grew up watching Disneyland parades and it is one staple of the Disney magic that should be enjoyed by all at least one time during their visit.
Magic Happens Parade Details
Debuting at Disneyland Resort in 2020, Magic Happens parade hits all the right notes. If your family loves classic elements of Disney fairytales and the stories of today like Coco and Moana, you have to see this in person. Guests of D23 Expo were treated to the very first look at Magic Happens, including an incredible soundtrack featured in this video.
The music offers a fresh Disneyland parade sound and evokes all the emotions for telling magical stories. “You wish you may, you wish you might . . . Magic Happens!”
Led by Mickey Mouse, along the parade route you’ll see classic Disney characters, amazing costumes, dancing and floats featuring Mickey’s friends like Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald and others, Moana, Miguel, Dante, and more.
Magic Happens Disneyland Seating Guide
My favorite areas to sit during parades are marked on this map and detailed below. Be sure to get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code Happiest10 at checkout.
Where should I sit for Disneyland’s Magic Happens Parade?
These are my favorite spots, explained in detail along with the map pictured. I’ll discuss each spot in details below.
- it’s a small world– This is a great Disneyland parade viewing area because of its easy access to restrooms and food. Choose a place on brick, or come to the terraced levels in this area for a last-minute spot.
- Pixie Hollow– the stretch of parade route in-between Pixie Hollow and Matterhorn is lined with built in benches and narrow parade seating. I love this area because adults have a real place to sit, while kids can sit up close on the brick below. These seats go quickly; mark off your space well and no one will be able to push or sneak in behind you because of the benches and narrow accessibility. It also marks the half-way(ish) point of the parade, no matter which direction its coming from.
- Town Square– this area is a great last-minute spot and a smart move for people who want to leave the parks as soon as the parade and fireworks are finished. Scout out an area anywhere on brick around the route or up on the steps near the Main Street train station.
Note people sitting on the curb will get to remain seating. People behind row 1 or 2 will need to stand.
Magic Happens Seating Plan
What’s your game plan for snagging hard to get seats for this new Disneyland parade?
Getting a good seat or spot requires skill and maybe a little patience. Here are three options for snagging a great spot for Magic Happens Parade.
1. Magic Happens Disneyland Parade: Reserved Seating
Reserved spots are the best choice. You get a reserved viewing area with a Magic Happens Parade Dining Package. This is by far my favorite way to get the best spots for any Disneyland parade and I put bets on it that parade packages will be announced spring 2020.
You’ll eat before coming to your parade spot, so timing of your meal does not matter much. Arrive at your reserved seating area at least 60 minutes before the parade begins.
Plaza Inn Magic Happens Parade Dining
Plaza Inn has hosted many reserved parade spot dining packages. I expect this to be the case for Magic Happens as well.
You get your choice of a lunch entree (yes, fried chicken is an option!), one drink (with fountain drink refills), Plaza Inn special credential and a voucher for access to reserved viewing area.
Choose any of the available restaurant tables indoors or under the adorable pink umbrellas outside. Later that evening, head to the special reserved viewing area for the parade as noted on your credentials.
Prices and Details:
- About $40 per adult – tax not included; gratuity not required
- About $25 per child (ages 3-9) – tax not included; gratuity not required
- Separate theme park admission is required and not included in the package price
- Reservations made between 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM will receive a voucher for the day’s first performance of Magic Happens Parade.
- Use the Check Availability tool to find a table and book online or call (714) 781-3463 between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM daily
- Advance reservations (60 days out) are highly recommended—same-day reservations can be made at the restaurant, but are limited and subject to availability
2. Disneyland’s Magic Happens Parade: hold a spot early
3. Disneyland’s Magic Happens Parade: hold a spot later