Magic Happens Disneyland Parade returns February 24, 2023. Read up on all you’ll see and the tips for viewing.
Animated stories come to life in the Magic Happens Disneyland parade returns February 24, 2023, just shy of 3 years after its initial debut on February 28, 2020.
When we said good-bye to Mickey’s Soundsational Parade in 2019, many were left wondering what day time parade will fill the void. Introducing Magic Happens, showcasing Disney favorites at Disneyland Park.
Like many guests, I grew up watching Disneyland parades and it is one staple of the Disney magic that should be enjoyed by all at least one time during their visit.
Magic Happens Parade Details
Returning to Disneyland Resort in February 24, 2028, Magic Happens parade hits all the right notes. If your family loves classic elements of Disney fairytales and the stories of today like Coco and Moana, you have to see this in person. Guests of D23 Expo were treated to the very first look at Magic Happens a few years back, including an incredible soundtrack featured in this video.
The music offers a fresh Disneyland parade sound and evokes all the emotions for telling magical stories. “You wish you may, you wish you might . . . Magic Happens!”
Which Disney and Pixar characters are in Magic Happens Parade?
Magic Happens is led by Mickey Mouse and a shimmering, light up float featuring Mickey’s iconic sorcerer style hat. Along the parade route you’ll also see:
- Mickey Mouse, as mentioned above
- Minnie Mouse
- Pua the pig
Magic Happens marks the first time Maui makes an appearance at Disneyland! This full-scale “Moana”-inspired float is also the first Moana float to be created for a Disney park and we get it right here at Disneyland. Also from Moana in the parade:
- Gramma Tala
- The heart of Te Fiti
- Hei Hei
See the line where the sky meets the sea? If you look carefully you might even spot a couple of your favorite characters from Finding Nemo on the voyage.
Remember me? It’s wonderful to see Coco celebrated in Magic Happesn as well. Look out for:
Next up we’ll journey into the unknown with a float inspired by Frozen 2:
Magic Happens isn’t all about everything new, but it does celebrate Disney classics in a whole new way. As the finale approaches, you’ll see some favorites including:
- Tinker Bell
- Peter Pan
- Blue Fairy (love her!)
- Fairy Godmother (love her too!)
The floats and costumes for this parade are nothing short of amazing. I can’t wait for you to see the magic that unfolds at every turn. Along with saying hello to these favorites:
- Arthur from Sword in the Stone
- Princess Aurora
- Prince Phillip
Magic Happens Disneyland Seating Guide
My favorite areas to sit during parades are marked on this map and detailed below. Be sure to get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Where should I sit for Disneyland’s Magic Happens Parade?
These are my favorite spots, explained in detail along with the map pictured. I’ll discuss each spot in details below.
- it’s a small world– This is a great Disneyland parade viewing area because of its easy access to restrooms and food. Choose a place on brick, or come to the terraced levels in this area for a last-minute spot.
- Pixie Hollow– the stretch of parade route in-between Pixie Hollow and Matterhorn is lined with built in benches and narrow parade seating. I love this area because adults have a real place to sit, while kids can sit up close on the brick below. These seats go quickly; mark off your space well and no one will be able to push or sneak in behind you because of the benches and narrow accessibility. It also marks the half-way(ish) point of the parade, no matter which direction its coming from.
- Town Square– this area is a great last-minute spot and a smart move for people who want to leave the parks as soon as the parade and fireworks are finished. Scout out an area anywhere on brick around the route or up on the steps near the Main Street train station.
Note people sitting on the curb will get to remain seating. People behind row 1 or 2 will need to stand.
Magic Happens Seating Plan
What’s your game plan for snagging hard to get seats for this new Disneyland parade?
Getting a good seat or spot requires skill and maybe a little patience. Here are three options for snagging a great spot for Magic Happens Parade.
1. Magic Happens Disneyland Parade: Reserved Seating
Reserved spots are the best choice. You get a reserved viewing area with a Magic Happens Parade Dining Package. This is by far my favorite way to get the best spots for any Disneyland parade and I put bets on it that parade packages will be announced soon
You’ll eat before coming to your parade spot, so timing of your meal does not matter much. Arrive at your reserved seating area at least 60 minutes before the parade begins.
Plaza Inn Magic Happens Parade Dining
Plaza Inn has hosted many reserved parade spot dining packages. Magic Happens parade also offers reserved parade viewing with a meal from Plaza Inn.
You get your choice of a lunch entree (yes, fried chicken is an option!), one drink (with fountain drink refills), Plaza Inn special credential and a voucher for access to reserved viewing area.
Choose any of the available restaurant tables indoors or under the adorable pink umbrellas outside. Later that evening, head to the special reserved viewing area for the parade as noted on your credentials.
Prices and Details:
- About $40 per adult – tax not included; gratuity not required
- About $25 per child (ages 3-9) – tax not included; gratuity not required
- Separate theme park admission is required and not included in the package price
- Reservations made between 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM will receive a voucher for the day’s first performance of Magic Happens Parade.
- Use the Check Availability tool to find a table and book online or call (714) 781-3463 between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM daily
- Advance reservations (60 days out) are highly recommended—same-day reservations can be made at the restaurant, but are limited and subject to availability
2. Disneyland’s Magic Happens Parade: hold a spot early
3. Disneyland’s Magic Happens Parade: hold a spot later
Magic Happens Gear
Bonus! I love me some Minnie Mouse ears and gear to go with the show. Magic Happens also has an exclusive line of products to sport during your entire Disneyland vacation. I hope these return in 2023.