JW Marriott Anaheim is one of only a few AAA Four Diamond hotels near Disneyland Resort’s main gates. I was invited as a guest of the hotel to experience and review the rooms and amenities during my stay. All opinions are my own.
Located at 1775 South Clementine Street in Anaheim, California, you’ll find the JW Marriott uniquely situated just east of The Anaheim Garden Walk.
Are you looking for luxury and top notch accommodations when you travel? The luxury experience only JW Marriott can give is here near Disneyland Resort.
JW Marriott Anaheim is designed to serve guests who enjoy the finer things in life, whether at home or while traveling.
The hotel itself is appointed with luxury touches including social spaces a JW Garden, a yoga and zen room, a large fitness center and an outdoor swimming pool.
Keep reading for more details on JW Marriott near Disneyland.
JW Marriott Anaheim joins several luxury hotels near Disneyland’s theme parks. Here’s a quick overview of those luxury options for comparison sake.
- The Disneyland Hotel located within The Disneyland Resort is the oldest property of all the Four Diamonds, but also the most nostalgic, having deep roots in Anaheim.
- The Grand Californian Hotel & Spa located within Disney California Adventure Park and Downtown Disney District. It’s proximity to the theme parks and subtle Disney details is what wins people over.
- Radisson BLU is a short drive to Disneyland and boasts clean, modern hotel, opened in 2021.
- Westin Anaheim is right by the Anaheim Convention Center, catering mostly to business clientele and those visiting Disneyland will find a short walk over.
- JW Marriott is the property we’ll be reviewing here in plenty of details to come!
I’ve stayed in more than 20 Disneyland area hotels, and while I stayed at this location as a guest of JW Marriott, this review has all my own opinions from a real-stay experience.
JW Marriott Location
JW Marriott Anaheim is located at 1775 South Clementine Street in Anaheim, California. They are just east of The Anaheim Garden Walk. Around the corner from Anaheim Garden Walk and plenty of dining options like The Cheesecake Factory, there’s a few ways to get to Disneyland from your hotel.
Is this hotel walkable?
Yes, JW Marriott is about a 20 minute walk to Disneyland. I walked at a leisurely pace several times to Disneyland from the hotel and clocked it about 20 minutes each time. Once I walked briskly and tried to get my “personal” best time and it took me 13 minutes.
Here’s the best ways to get to Disneyland from JW Marriott Anaheim:
- Walk. It’s only about a 20 minute walk to Disneyland. Head north on Clementine, then left on Disney Way, right on Harbor and cross the pedestrian crosswalk into Disneyland. As an alternate route which takes about the same 20 minutes, through Anaheim Garden Walk (north) then left once you get out on Katella, right on Harbor and cross the pedestrian crosswalk into Disneyland.
- Uber it! Pick up an Uber or Lyft and they’ll drop you off at the pedestrian drop off on Harbor Blvd for a few dollars depending on the time of day and number of guests. I paid about $7 one way which would seat 3-4 passengers. But I did walk it more than I drove.
- Drive and Park. Your drive (or walk) to the Toy Story lot will be super quick, then you’ll board a free shuttle to Disneyland. You’ll pay parking and probably take longer to board the bus than to just walk it, but it may save your tired feet. You can also park in Mickey & Friends, but it will not be any time saver either.
- ART Shuttle. I’ve only taken ART as a private tour group. Growing up in LA where mass transit isn’t our preferred method of travel, I’ve always avoided the ART shuttle and prefer Uber to working around their schedule.
When you want a luxury resort experience near Disneyland with perks like free parking, book using my promo code here.
JW Marriott Anaheim Rooms
JW Marriott offers upscale and leisurely comfort during your Disneyland vacation.
Two of the most popular room types sleep 2-4 guests each, with top of the line touches and relaxing space to enjoy your down time.
- 2 Queens Premium room has two queen beds and window seat. The room further adds a drawers and desk space, coffee maker, refrigerator with one TV in room and bathroom with a walk in shower and large soaker tub.
- 1 King Premium room has one king bed and trundle bed. The room further adds a drawers and desk space, coffee maker, refrigerator with one TV in room and bathroom with a walk in shower and large soaker tub.
I loved staying at this newly built hotel shortly after Disneyland’s reopening. The extra details yet simplicity of the general space has such a calm, soothing effect after a busy day at Disneyland. I especially love this huge soaker tub.
You might not be able to tell from the photo, but it’s extra long. Tall people will rejoice!
JW Marriott Anaheim is available to book now with my promo code. Get the promo code delivered to your inbox here.
JW Marriott Food
I mentioned the easy access to Anaheim Garden Walk with casual favorites like The Cheesecake Factory. But you might not need to venture far for dining at all.
Onsite you’ll find multiple dining options including their seed-to-table experience at the highest rooftop bar and lounge in Anaheim, Parkestry.
Located on the 11th floor, Parkestry is the spot for dinner and drinks with a friends, plus views of Disneyland’s fireworks shows.
If you need a quick pick me up these other in house options will certainly help you get your fill:
- Citriculture, the lobby bar for cocktails and light bites
- Market Place Cafe, serving fresh sandwiches, snacks and beverages
Tocca Ferro Italian Chophouse, visit their signature restaurant serving locally inspired cuisine
All dining options are casual with the exception of Tocca Ferro Italian Chophouse which is listed as smart casual (think slacks or dark jeans, casual dresses, collared shirts or jackets, similar to business casual or see a visual here).
JW Marriott Anaheim Bonus
There’s still more reasons you should book a stay at JW Marriott besides being among only a few AAA Four Diamond hotels near Disneyland.
- Expansive fitness center featuring Peloton bikes and more
- Yoga and Zen Room with oversized video screen
- Free parking (limited time offer, when you book here)
- Ample indoor and outdoor shared spaces
- Butterfly wall
- Outdoor pool and cabanas reservations (no hot tub on property)
If you’re familiar with the Marriott brand and want an upscale stay near Disneyland Resort and area theme parks, this could be the spot for you.
Final thoughts on JW Marriott . . . the price point is on par with luxury hotels. but this could be exactly what you need during your vacation or business trip.
This hotel is definitely better suited for guests who enjoy the element of luxury and not the most kid-friendly resort due to its distance to the parks and fine decor such as large glass decor and vase in room.
I always love a new hotel in Anaheim, especially with a brand and reputation like JW Marriott. Being one of the newest AAA Four Diamond properties near Disneyland just might make the decision for you.
This stunning resort area hotel is sure to be one of the most sought after hotels in Anaheim and even Orange County.
Find more about this hotel here:
Is JW Marriott your go-to hotel near Disneyland? Share your thoughts and book your stay at JW Marriott Anaheim here.