Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway debuted at Disneyland January 27, 2023. I was there opening weekend, just as I was for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and used similar strategies to ride when it first opened. My real-life experience and tips are here to help you get on board. That includes everyone—this ride has no height requirement!
I’ve also covered the entire reimagineering of Mickey’s Toontown here where you can read about new attractions, the layout of the land, food and more.
Increase Your Chances to Ride Right Now
If you want to increase your chance of riding Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, you must be prepared even before you leave the house to Disneyland.
- Secure your tickets and theme park reservations. Discount tickets are available here. Be sure to buy multi-day tickets with a Park Hopper to increase your chance of riding.
- Download the Disneyland App and add everyone’s ticket to the app. If they’re traveling with you, their ticket should be in your app.
- Familiarize yourself with how the Disneyland app works. Practice using Disney Genie and purchasing Individual Lightning Lane selections.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Disneyland Day-of Strategies
Important things to know for Mickey and Minnie’s Runway Railway:
- Guests must have scanned into the park in order to select Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Lightning Lane.
- Rope drop and/or watch the Disneyland app for stand-by wait times.
When your Lightning Lane return time arrives, you generally have one hour to return to the attraction but be sure to enable push notifications and check your app for updates.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Disneyland Virtual Queue
As of February 22, 2023 the Virtual Queue is no longer being used for this attraction.
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Disneyland Q&A
Now that you can access the ride via stand by, it’s pretty simple, but if you have more questions about Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland I’m here to help.
Can I wait in line for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland?
Yes as of February 22, 2023 the standby line is available. You can now wait in the traditional line we’re used to. You also have the option to purchase Disney Genie+.
Who can ride Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland?
Everyone! This has no height requirement. The seating fits 5 or 6 per row with one pull down lap bar.
Can I use Genie+ for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland?
Yes, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is on the Genie+ ride list.
Is Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway open during Early Entry at Disneyland?
Early Entry is an early admission option offered for guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels only. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is not included in Early Entry.
You still have an advantage using Early Entry because you’re already in the park to join the standby line once Mickey’s Toontown opens for the day.
What time is Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway open?
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway does not always stay open during the entire park operating day. On days when fireworks are being shown, Mickey’s Toontown and this ride will close for a couple of hours around 9:00 pm.
How many times can I ride Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway each day at Disneyland?
As many times as you’d like during operating hours, there are no restrictions. But, you can only use the Lightning Lane entry once with Genie+.
How do I use DAS to ride Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway?
Yes you may use DAS to ride Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. You will enter the attraction via the Lightning Lane queue. Please see a guest relations cast member for more details.
More Tips for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland
Even though this ride has existed at Walt Disney World for some time, it is certainly one of the most popular attractions at Disneyland Resort.
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway will continue to be in high demand and I expect these tips to come into play during the year:
- When’s the best time to go to Disneyland? It depends on so many things. My Disneyland planning guide helps break it down for you.
- Utilize Early Entry to keep more flexibility later in the day to ride Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
- Be familiar with Individual Lightning Lane before your trip.
What other questions can I help answer about Disneyland’s version of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway?