We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Candlewood Suites Anaheim near Disneyland Resort. I love exploring hotel options near Disneyland Resort, and because there’s so many to choose from, I want to give my first-hand experience with a variety of hotels.
Candlewood Suites Anaheim Near DisneylandCandlewood Suites Anaheim has mini suite rooms near Disneyland Resort. I’ll tell you how quickly you can get to Disneyland from Candlewood Suites, plus which bonus amenities really make a difference. When you need an affordable hotel with a bit of kitchen space close to Disneyland, book using my discount code Happiest10 here. Now you’re just a few minutes from the Disneyland Resort maingates at Candlewood Suites.
Candlewood Suites Disneyland Location
Is this hotel walkable? In my opinion no, this is not a hotel within walking distance to Disneyland. It is located behind Anaheim Gardenwalk, and could easily take you 20-25 minutes to walk. But first, here’s the best ways to get to Disneyland from Candlewood Suites in Anaheim:
- Drive & Park. Parking at Candlewood is free, so you won’t be paying double parking. Just drive your family car or rental car over to Disneyland parking for quick access to the resort.
- Toy Story Lot. Toy Story parking lot is Disney’s off-site parking and pedestrians are welcome to walk in, then board the free shuttle to Disneyland. Here’s a map for reference.
- Uber it! If your kids don’t need car seats (under 8 years old need them and Uber does not provide them), get an Uber. Ubers aplenty in Anaheim and you’ll arrive in about 5 minutes, saving you precious time!
- I’ve personally never used ART (Anaheim Rapid Transit) because for the cost and wait time involved, I prefer the above methods hands-down. But if you’d like to try it out, go here to plan your trip. The closest pick up location is Peacock Suites and it will drop you off at the same spot Toy Story shuttle drops off from option two.
Candlewood Suites Disneyland Rooms
Disneyland is such a magical place, with things for everyone in your family to enjoy. But once you get back to the hotel, you need a little space to unwind. Candlewood Suites are on the smaller side as far as suites go. Their basic room is a 2 double bed suite with complete kitchen. Here’s all the room styles explained in detail to help you plan.
- Candlewood two double studio has a studio with two double beds, kitchen and a small living space with desk, chairs, TV and separate bathroom. This is the room I stayed in with my 3 kids and it fit us just fine for two nights, but even with the kitchen it’s not somewhere I would stay longer than maybe 3 nights.
- Candlewood one bedroom suite has a separate queen bedroom with a door, then a living area with a pull out couch, bathroom and full kitchen. Both rooms have TVs.
- Candlewood one queen studio has a studio with one queen bed, kitchen and a small living space with desk, chairs, TV and separate bathroom.
As you can see, the room types are lacking with no king bed options and no room for larger families. If the price is right, as it was for us on a last minute trip, then this clean and updated hotel could be for you.
Candlewood Suites Disneyland Breakfast
Candlewood does not offer complimentary breakfast, but has a huge pantry to stock your kitchen full of good things to eat. Or skip breakfast at the hotel and move right over to Disneyland. Eating breakfast inside Disneyland Resort is one of my favorite ways to indulge. If you’re looking for a hotel that has breakfast, I’ve also got you covered with my list of hotels with breakfast near Disneyland.
Candlewood Suites Disneyland Extras
Candlewood Suites Disneyland has a few extras for your family to enjoy during down time. While the heated year-round pool is TINY (can you even call that a pool?), they somewhat make up for it with lots of lounge chairs, free parking, on site laundry facilities, a fitness center, plus my favorite bonuses.
- grills by the pool to enjoy the outdoors and plenty of seating
- free popcorn in the lobby (I’m a total sucker for popcorn!)
- prize wheel in the lobby to spin and win
- games, DVDs and tons of kitchen gear (in addition to the kitchen stuff in your room) all free to use
Have you stayed at Candlewood Suites Anaheim? What did you think, would you stay there again?