Where can I use Disney gift cards at Disneyland? We discuss this very question almost daily in my Facebook group, Disneyland with Kids.
It’s only fitting I create an official, unofficial list of who accepts Disney gift cards at Disneyland Resort.
Should I buy Disneyland gift cards?
I say absolutely yes, and there’s so many reasons why! Keep scrolling for all the details.
Why should I buy Disney gift cards for Disneyland vacation?
I use them to help me budget for my vacation spending.
It’s also a great way to let kids keep track of their own souvenir spending.
I buy my Disney gift cards at Target where I get 5% off when I pay using my Target RedCard. Bonus savings right there!
Where to buy Disney gift cards.
I like to buy mine at Target because I get 5% off.
There’s a lot of confusion with this practice because gift cards aren’t technically valid for the 5% savings.
But for now, Target classifies them as “entertainment cards” which makes the discount applicable.
Can I pay for tickets using Disney gift cards?
You can pay for Disneyland tickets using Disney gift cards when you purchase online, on the app or in-person.
When you book with Get Away Today, you will need to use a major credit card for their discounts, but you can still use your gift cards at Disneyland itself. Keep reading for more details.
Where can I use gift cards at Disneyland?
You can use Disney gift cards to buy and pay for most things at Disneyland Park and California Adventure Park, yes popcorn carts included!
- Quick service dining when you order through the regular line
- Quick service when you order via mobile order on the Disneyland App
- Sit down dining when paying your check through your server
- Character dining, including Minnie & Friends
- Food carts including popcorn, churros, ice cream, fruit, etc.
- Souvenir shops (most of them, see list below for things not included)
- Merchandise in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Where can I use Disney gift cards at Downtown Disney?
You can use Disney gift cards at any Downtown Disney locations that are owned by Disney.
So what’s owned by Disney? Check the current offerings here and view our list below.
- The Disney Dress Shop
- Disney Home
- Disney’s Pin Traders
- Marceline’s Confectionary
- Star Wars Trading Post
- WonderGround Gallery
- World of Disney
Where can I NOT use Disney gift cards at Downtown Disney?
- Ballast Point
- Black Tap Burgers and CrazyShakes
- Curl Surf
- Earl of Sandwich
- Food trucks
- Jamba Juice
- Jazz Kitchen
- La Brea Bakery
- LEGO store
- Salt & Straw
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes in Downtown Disney
- Sprinkles Cupcakes in Downtown Disney
- Starbucks in Downtown Disney District
- Sunglasses Icon
- Tortilla Jo’s
- Other small vendor carts
What if I have a return for an item I bought using a Disney gift card at Disneyland?
This happened to me. If you return an item purchased with a gift card, you will receive a merchandise credit valid for merchandise (not food!) at Disneyland Resort.
Where can I NOT use gift cards at Disneyland?
There are several places at both Disneyland and California Adventure Park that do not accept Disney gift cards including the following.
- Baby Care Center
- Balloon vendors throughout the resort (now accepting credit cards)
- Caricature artists throughout the resort
- Carnival style games on Pixar Pier
- Crystal Arts on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Disneyland Lockers
- Fuel Rod vending kiosks
- Ghirardelli in California Adventure Park
Do you use Disney gift cards at Disneyland Resort–how have they helped you save and spend?