We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
If you’re going to Disneyland in April we are here to help you spring into a magical vacation. Keep reading for important crowd predictions, ride closures and money-saving tips for Disneyland in April.
Updated for 2019!
Disneyland in April Tickets
Have questions on booking your tickets? I bet I have an answer for you.
Can I get one day discount Disneyland tickets? One day tickets will cost you the most money per day because only Disneyland itself sells one day tickets. If you’re looking for a discount one day ticket to Disneyland, you will need to visit during weekdays typically during the school calendar year. Because of demand-based pricing, you could pay anywhere from $104 to $204 for just one day! Compare that to buying a two day ticket from Get Away Today at a little over $200 and you could pay a bit more to spend 2 days at Disneyland Resort rather than 1 day.
Save Even More with Multi-Day Tickets! The more days you visit Disneyland Resort, the less you pay per day. Multi-day tickets have no blackout dates, so you can travel anytime in 2019. If you’re doing Disneyland on a budget, do not buy your tickets from Disney. You’ll be paying top dollar with no discounts! Instead, buy your discount Disneyland tickets from Get Away Today (the first company to ever work direct with Disneyland to sell authorized tickets!). P.S. when you add a hotel use promo code HAPPIEST10 for an extra $10 off your vacation package.
Disneyland in April 2019 Calendar
Have you been looking up Disneyland crowd calendars? I think they’re lame, so I made my own. But first why would I make my own when I think they’re mostly wrong? They tend to give people a false sense of hope, making them feel that they’re going to Disneyland when no one else in the world will be there. Even so, many readers have asked me for a crowd calendar so I’ve created a non-traditional Disneyland crowd calendar. Our Disneyland calendar notes major holidays, school breaks and Disneyland Resort events and is updated monthly. Be sure to check back as your date gets closer. The colors denote the following:
- Pink- high to max capacity
- Yellow- medium to high capacity
- Green- medium capacity
I don’t list a “low capacity” day because I feel it’s better to be prepared for crowds and be pleasantly surprised than the opposite. Hang in there, you can do this!
- April 5-21 Eggstravaganza returns, details on egg hunt here.
- April 13 & 14th Dapper Day Events
- California Adventure Food & Wine Festival will wrap up April 23rd.
- Don’t miss any of these desserts serving up yummy goodness during Food & Wine.
- Egg-stravaganza egg hunt in April at both parks usually happens in the weeks surrounding Easter. Ask about it at the Emporium on Main Street, U.S.A.
- April 26th Disney Pop-Up opens at Downtown Disney.
- April 27th Disney Channel Fan Fest at California Adventure Park brings lots of teens and tweens.
- April 30th Heroes Assemble after dark event.
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel will be open this month.
‘Mickey’s PhilharMagic’ Premiering in April at Disney California Adventure Park.
Oogie Boogie Bash, the new Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets go on sale this month.
Disneyland in April Park Plans
Don’t stress over Disneyland, let us plan your day in the parks for you and skip most of the waiting often associated with Disneyland.
If you’re looking to get the absolute most out of your Disneyland vacation, we now offer a limited number of VIP Custom Park Plans to our readers. Every detail is planned specifically for your group, including a custom itinerary for your day at Disneyland. Get all the details here.
Disneyland in April 2019 Closures
- Astro Orbitor (through April 4th)
- Red Car Trolley
- Silly Symphony Swings (March 4-TBA)
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough (January 17 through spring)
- Sleeping Beauty Castle exterior ( January 18 through spring)
- Frozen Live at the Hyperion, select dates during Food & Wine Festival
Are you heading to the Disneyland Resort? Tell us what you’re most looking forward to for your Disneyland in April visit.
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.