What’s closed at Disneyland today? If your favorite ride or show is closed at Disneyland during your trip, you’ll want to know as early as possible. Updated June 3, 2023.
Ride closures happen year-round at Disneyland for a variety of reasons. It could be regular maintenance, a surprise repair, temporary down-time, or prepping for seasonal overlays. Either way, this guide will help you prepare better for your Disneyland vacation.
What’s Closed at Disneyland Today
Here is what’s closed today, tomorrow and over future days at Disneyland Resort. The official closure calendar is updated on a 6 week rolling basis. I get my information directly from Disney.
June and July 2023 Disneyland Closures
Disneyland park closures:
- Adventureland Treehouse
- Matterhorn Bobsleds closed April 17, 2023 – June 1, 2023. The first day it will be open is scheduled for June 2, 2023.
- Mint Julep Bar
- Splash Mountain last day of operation is May 30, 2023. Splash Mountain closes to make a change to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure which is scheduled to open in late 2024.
- Alice in Wonderland will be closed starting June 6 – June 15, 2023. The first day it will be open in scheduled for June 16, 2023.
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride will be closed starting June 6- June 15, 2023. The first day it will be open in scheduled for June 16, 2023.
- Peter Pan’s Flight will be closed starting June 6 – June 29, 2023. The first day it will be open in scheduled for June 30, 2023.
California Adventure park closures:
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure will be closed starting June 6 – June 7, 2023. The first day it will be open in scheduled for June 8, 2023.
And before you head back to Disneyland Resort, be sure to read up on all our best tips for Disneyland in 2023!
More Closures in 2023
Even my best efforts can’t keep up with the daily closure schedule, and sometimes things are closed temporarily or last minute. For the most up-t0-date closure calendar, access the Disneyland App.
- Once inside the Disneyland App, scroll down to park hours and select “all hours”
2. Choose your date, usually available 6 weeks in advance schedules are available.
3. Scroll down to see which rides are closed at Disneyland today.
Disneyland Ride Closed List 2023
What’s the typical refurbishment schedule for Disneyland in 2023? I have a basic list you can refer to, but remember to check back closer to your travel dates for exact ride closures.
This list is seasonal and subject to change:
- Grizzly River Run closes most of January, February and sometimes March for its yearly maintenance.
- Haunted Mansion closes in August to as Jack Skellington decks the halls. Closes again mid January to take it all down.
- “it’s a small world” closes late October to prep for the holiday version. It closes again for take down in mid-January and opens 2-3 weeks later.
- Space Mountain closes for brief times to change to/from Hyperspace Mountain surrounding May 4th.
- Splash Mountain closes most of January, February and sometimes March for its yearly maintenance.
Disneyland Rides Closed Forever
Disneyland has been open for more than 60 years, so that’s a lot of rides to keep track of! Here I’ll mention the most notable ride, entertainment and dining closures in recent history. More details on these rides and others here.
- Splash Mountain is closed forever, we will see a newly reimagined attraction coming to Disneyland at a later date— Tiana’s Bayou Adventure!
- Mickey’s Toontown: some attractions are gone forever!
- A Bug’s Land has been completely overhauled to the new Avengers Campus.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is now the headlining attraction in Avengers Campus, Guardians of the Galaxy—Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Jedi Training, what once was in Tomorrowland has not returned but we do have an entire new land to explore at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Cove Bar is now Lamplight Lounge and there’s so many delicious things to eat!
- A Pixar makeover came to Mickey’s Fun Wheel which is now Pixar Pal-A-Round.
- California Screamin’ is still the same motions of a roller coaster, but now themed as the Incredicoaster in Pixar Pier.
- Ariel’s Grotto is now part of Lamplight Lounge. Princess dining is now offered at Napa Rose.
What rides are closed when it rains?
If rain threatens your trip to Disneyland, read up on all our rainy day tips here. These rides face the threat of closure during rainy days at Disneyland:
- Alice in Wonderland
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Gadget’s Go Coaster
- The Mad Tea Party
- Main Street Vehicles
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- Golden Zephyr (also closes with wind)
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
Rides you might want to avoid to reduce rain smacking you in the face include:
- Astro Orbitor
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Silly Symphony Swings
If you need a detailed step-by-step plan for your Disneyland visit, we can help! Custom plans include specifics for your visit and omits any ride closures plus outlines an ideal schedule.
What rides are closed during fireworks?
Fireworks are one of the highlights during a visit to Disneyland Resort and magically soar over Sleeping Beauty Castle at night. Here’s our guide to fireworks viewing and what’s playing now.
It’s also smart to note, some attractions close completely before fireworks and don’t open again including:
- Disneyland Railroad
- Mickey’s Toontown (all rides and attractions inside this land)
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Sailing Ship Columbia
Parts of Fantasyland close, but reopen about 30-45 minutes after fireworks. Closures include:
- Alice in Wonderland
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
Did I miss any? Let me know!
What rides are closed during World of Color?
On the rare chance that World of Color starts during normal operating hours (yes, it starts after official park closing, read why here) there are some attractions nearby that close.
But more important to know is one ride that stays OPEN! It’s Toy Story Midway Mania and many people forget about riding it because most of the other rides in that area are closed.
What rides are closed during Early Entry?
First, let’s get clear on what Early Entry is and who can attend. Now that you have that covered, let’s dig in. Rides closed during Early Entry include:
- All character meet and greets except when dining at Plaza Inn
- All of Mickey’s Toontown, Critter Country, Adventureland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Disneyland Railroad
I’ll be back soon for ride closure updates and you can report what’s closed at Disneyland today by submitting a comment below.
2 thoughts on “What’s Closed at Disneyland Today?”
We are playing a trip the first week of November, 2021. Will there be Christmas up that week? Just wondering. I’ve never been to Disneyland during Christmas time.
Yes, decor goes up over night on Oct 31st but full holiday festivities began the second week of November. You’ll get a wonderful touch of magic during your visit.