We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Celebrate Mother’s Day at Disneyland Resort and at home with hand-picked dining selections, gift guide and discount tickets to show Mom how much you love her.
A magical Disneyland Mother’s Day begins here. Whether you’re planning a trip way in advance, last minute or making magical memories at home—Mom will never know, because we have everything covered. Plus, see ShopDisney’s entire Mother’s Day shopping guide here.
Disneyland Mother’s Day Prep
Mother’s Day is on Sunday May 10, 2020. This year, it’s unlikely you can visit Disneyland on actual Mother’s Day. But keep reading for all the ways to create a unique, DIY Disneyland ticket and card for your future Disneyland visit or just a special day at home.
Plan a future Disneyland getaway for everyone in the family, but entirely focused on Mom. You could also gift her a girlfriends Disneyland getaway and leave the kids back home (moms love some adult time at Disney too!).
If you’re giving the gift of Disneyland for Mother’s Day here are a few important tips to help you plan.
Discount Disneyland Mother’s Day Tickets. Mom will be so proud you got a good deal on those Disneyland tickets! Get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort and you’ll pay less than if you bought them through Disney.
- Buy multi-day discount Disneyland tickets in advance, good for any day of the year with no restrictions.
- The best Disney hotels book up fast, check out the best places to stay for a pampered mom here.
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code DisneylandPlan at checkout. We’ll talk more about hotels below!
Disneyland Mother’s Day Dining
Everyone loves their meals and treats at Disneyland, especially Mom. When you’re visiting Disneyland for Mother’s Day, consider adding a special dining experience inside the parks. You can even secure dining reservation outside the parks if a ticket to Disneyland isn’t in your budget.
Mother’s Day Brunch at Disneyland Resort Hotels
Only have a few hours and no park tickets? These character meals are a must on any mom’s list. Plus, no cooking!
- Donald Duck’s Seaside Breakfast complete with Donald and other Disney characters are available at Disney’s PCH Grill, inside Paradise Pier Hotel. No park tickets are required, but reservations are needed.
- Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel lets Mom sit back and relax while Disney Characters come visit your table, and a massive spread of food. See my review and video here from my dinner experience.
- Mickey’s Tales of Adventure at Storyteller’s Cafe is a fantastic brunch idea. My family loved it and I would go back in a heartbeat. This is probably my favorite breakfast option for Mom and the whole family.
- Princess Breakfast Adventures is a splurge worth looking into for Mom!
Want to make a Disneyland-inspired brunch at home? Mickey waffles are a must! Get all the gear to cook a Disneyland meal at home, including a Mickey waffle iron.
I’ve also recently done up a Jolly Holiday inspired breakfast. See other favorite Disneyland breakfasts you can be inspired to recreate here.
Mother’s Day Meals at Disneyland Resort
With your Disneyland ticket in hand, get ready for some fantastic menu offerings inside the parks. And if you’re making a meal at home, use these detailed reviews to recreate favorite Disneyland recipes for Mom.
Looking for a meal inside Disneyland Resort? Breakfast, lunch or dinner—these options are perfect for Mother’s Day at Disneyland:
- Blue Bayou is the most notable Disneyland Park restaurant (besides, the highly sought after Club 33 of course) tucked away inside Pirates of the Caribbean. You want to eat here, even if it’s not for the food.
- Cafe Orleans transports guests to the Big Easy with displays from Princess and the Frog inside and lovely patio dining under blue umbrellas outside. The famous Monte Cristo and pommes frites are served here.
- Carnation Cafe located on Main Street, U.S.A. is an iconic classic. Reservations are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You’ll love dining under the red and white umbrellas on Main Street. Read my full review of Carnation Cafe here.
- Plaza Inn reservations are only available for breakfast character dining. Minnie & Friends – Breakfast in the Park is a buffet breakfast with omelets and Mickey waffles, pastries cereals and more. Plus you’ll meet Minnie Mouse and other beloved Disney characters while you dine. Read my full review of Minnie & Friends breakfast here.
- River Belle Terrace features American home cooking with a riverfront view. Enjoy sandwiches, salads and barbecue favorites at this cozy retreat. Full review here.
Mother’s Day Dining at California Adventure Park:
- Carthay Circle Restaurant is a classic and contemporary fusion of Hollywood’s Golden Age. Also home to World of Color and Frozen dining packages. Read my full Carthay Circle review here.
- Lamplight Lounge is now open in the space formerly occupied by Ariel’s Grotto. See what Pixar animators are up to in this amazing inside space which is available with advance reservations (walk up outside dining also available). Read my Lamplight Lounge review here.
More Mother’s Day Dining options:
- Don’t forget about fine dining options at the Disneyland Resort hotels for Mother’s Day: Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55.
- Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea at the Disneyland Hotel is a unique, sophisticated option your mom is sure to love.
- Catal Restaurant at Downtown Disney is hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch which includes bottomless mimosas and a Lavender Crème Brulee. See the full menu here.
- Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney is hosting Mother’s Day Brunch in 2019. See the menu here.
More dining options can be found outside the parks at Downtown Disney. Read all about dining at Downtown Disney here. And remember, Mom will need a treat to top it all off!
Need your Salt & Straw fix at home, good news—they ship to your door! Order early for Mother’s Day deliveries.
Disneyland Mother’s Day Photos
Want to melt Mom’s heart? Schedule a photo session during your Disneyland visit. I highly recommend A&C Photography for any Disneyland photo sessions you need. I used them for my family photos a few years ago. A&C Photography really gives such a unique touch to Disneyland family photos and you can even save $25 by booking here.
If you’re simply hoping to snap some quick Mother’s Day photos at Disneyland, be sure to utilize Disney MaxPass so you can get free downloads from PhotoPass photographers. I’ve outlined my favorite spots for Disneyland pictures here.
Disneyland Mother’s Day Gifts
Even if you’re not spending a day or two at a Disney park over Mother’s Day weekend, surprise your mom with our favorite picks for Mother’s Day Disney gifts! See the Disney Store’s entire Mother’s Day gift guide here.
Disney inspired Mother’s Day cards from Enchanted Type, like this one with our favorite quote from the live action Cinderella.
Every store on earth seems to think your mom really wants jewelry on Mother’s Day. If you buy into the hype, you really can’t go wrong with Disney jewelry. One of my fave’s is this Mickey necklace.
Also listed in my top picks for Mother’s Day gifts are Disney handbags and backpacks. I seriously can’t get enough of them! Then slip your discount tickets to Disneyland tucked inside a new Disney inspired luggage set for good measure.
Whether you’re heading to Disneyland for Mother’s Day this year or planning a Mother’s Day at Disneyland for next time, we hope you have a magical time celebrating Mom on her special day.