We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Celebrate Mother’s Day at Disneyland Resort with hand-picked dining selections, gift guide and discount tickets to show Mom how much you love her.
A magical Disneyland Mother’s Day begins here. Whether you’re planning way in advance, or last minute—Mom will never know, because we have everything covered.
Disneyland Mother’s Day Prep
Mother’s Day is on Sunday May 12, 2019. You can visit Disneyland on actual Mother’s Day or create a unique, DIY Disneyland ticket and card for your future Disneyland visit.
Assure her you will spend the day at Disneyland Resort as a magical getaway for everyone in the family, but entirely focused on Mom. You could also gift her a girlfriends Disneyland getaway and leave the kids back home (moms love some adult time at Disney too!).
If you’re going to Disneyland on Mother’s Day here are a few important articles to help you enjoy your day even if the crowds join you:
- Beat the crowd, tips to opening Disneyland Resort
- Can you keep up? 10 Disneyland Rides in 2 Hours
- Solutions for busy days even if you hate Disneyland crowds.
- Note: Disneyland Resort no longer hosts RunDisney events over Mother’s Day weekend.
Discount Disneyland Mother’s Day Tickets. Mom will be so proud you got a good deal on those Disneyland tickets! Get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort and you’ll pay less than if you bought them through Disney.
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code Happiest10 at checkout. We’ll talk more about hotels below!
[maxbutton id=”4″ ]
Disneyland Mother’s Day Dining
Everyone loves their meals and treats at Disneyland, especially Mom. When you’re visiting Disneyland for Mother’s Day, consider adding a special dining experience inside the parks. You can even secure dining reservation outside the parks if a ticket to Disneyland isn’t in your budget.
Mother’s Day Brunch at Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Donald Duck’s Seaside Breakfast complete with Donald and other Disney characters are available at Disney’s PCH Grill, inside Paradise Pier Hotel. No park tickets are required, but reservations are needed.
- Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel lets Mom sit back and relax while Disney Characters come visit your table, and a massive spread of food. See my review and video here from my dinner experience.
- Mickey’s Tales of Adventure at Storyteller’s Cafe is a fantastic brunch idea. My family loved it and I would go back in a heartbeat. This is probably my favorite breakfast option for Mom and the whole family.
Mother’s Day Meals at Disneyland Resort
Looking for a meal inside Disneyland Resort? Breakfast, lunch or dinner—these options are perfect for Mother’s Day at Disneyland:
- Blue Bayou is the most notable Disneyland Park restaurant (besides, the highly sought after Club 33 of course) tucked away inside Pirates of the Caribbean. You want to eat here, even if it’s not for the food.
- Cafe Orleans transports guests to the Big Easy with displays from Princess and the Frog inside and lovely patio dining under blue umbrellas outside. The famous Monte Cristo and pommes frites are served here.
- Carnation Cafe located on Main Street, U.S.A. is an iconic classic. Reservations are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You’ll love dining under the red and white umbrellas on Main Street. Read my full review of Carnation Cafe here.
- Plaza Inn reservations are only available for breakfast character dining. Minnie & Friends – Breakfast in the Park is a buffet breakfast with omelets and Mickey waffles, pastries cereals and more. Plus you’ll meet Minnie Mouse and other beloved Disney characters while you dine. Read my full review of Minnie & Friends breakfast here.
- River Belle Terrace features American home cooking with a riverfront view. Enjoy sandwiches, salads and barbecue favorites at this cozy retreat. Full review here.
Mother’s Day Dining at California Adventure Park:
- Carthay Circle Restaurant is a classic and contemporary fusion of Hollywood’s Golden Age. Also home to World of Color and Frozen dining packages. Read my full Carthay Circle review here.
- Lamplight Lounge is now open in the space formerly occupied by Ariel’s Grotto. See what Pixar animators are up to in this amazing inside space which is available with advance reservations (walk up outside dining also available). Read my Lamplight Lounge review here.
More Mother’s Day Dining options:
- Don’t forget about fine dining options at the Disneyland Resort hotels for Mother’s Day: Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55.
- Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea at the Disneyland Hotel is a unique, sophisticated option your mom is sure to love.
- Catal Restaurant at Downtown Disney is hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch which includes bottomless mimosas and a Lavender Crème Brulee. See the full menu here.
- Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney is hosting Mother’s Day Brunch in 2019. See the menu here.
More dining options can be found outside the parks at Downtown Disney. Read all about dining at Downtown Disney here. And remember, Mom will need a treat to top it all off!
Disneyland Mother’s Day Photos
Want to melt Mom’s heart? Schedule a photo session during your Disneyland visit. I highly recommend A&C Photography for any Disneyland photo sessions you need. I used them for my family photos a few years ago. A&C Photography really gives such a unique touch to Disneyland family photos and you can even save $25 by booking here.
If you’re simply hoping to snap some quick Mother’s Day photos at Disneyland, be sure to utilize Disney MaxPass so you can get free downloads from PhotoPass photographers. I’ve outlined my favorite spots for Disneyland pictures here.
Disneyland Mother’s Day Gifts
Even if you’re not spending a day or two at a Disney park over Mother’s Day weekend, surprise your mom with our favorite picks for Mother’s Day Disney gifts!
Disney inspired Mother’s Day cards from Enchanted Type, like this one with our favorite quote from the live action Cinderella.
Every store on earth seems to think your mom really wants jewelry on Mother’s Day. If you buy into the hype, you really can’t go wrong with Disney jewelry. One of my fave’s is this Mickey necklace.
Also listed in my top picks for Mother’s Day gifts are Disney handbags and backpacks. I seriously can’t get enough of them! Then slip your discount tickets to Disneyland tucked inside a new Disney inspired luggage set for good measure.
Whether you’re heading to Disneyland for Mother’s Day this year or planning a Mother’s Day at Disneyland for next time, we hope you have a magical time celebrating Mom on her special day.