This is your Disneyland Plan for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Whether you’re heading to Disneyland Resort to meet Tiana, ride the new Princess and the Frog attraction, eat at Tiana’s Palace or shop at Eudora’s Chic Boutique Featuring Tiana’s Gourmet Secrets—I’ve got details for you.
It’s the thrills we know and love from Splash Mountain but a whole new rider experience from Princess and the Frog! Tiana’s adventures don’t end with the movie—jump in on a ride down the Bayou with original music and new characters as fresh scenes emerge at Disney Parks in 2024.
Table of Contents
New Disneyland Ride Tiana’s Adventure
Disneyland’s version of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will open after the Walt Disney World version in Florida. Before you start planning your Disneyland vacation around Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, you need to know these important dates.
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure ride estimated opening late 2024, but there have been hints it could come earlier
- Tiana’s Palace is now open in New Orleans Square
- Eudora’s Chic Boutique Featuring Tiana’s Gourmet Secrets now open in New Orleans Square
- Meet Tiana from Princess and the Frog now; find Tiana during Magic Happens parade and during select times aboard the Mark Twain River Boat
How to Ride Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Disneyland
When Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens at Disneyland, everyone (including Mama Odie) will want to get their feet wet first! I’ve been part of the opening days for both Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
My strategies to ride worked when those first opened and my real-life experience will certainly be added here for Tiana’s once it debuts at Disneyland.
For now, you’ll see the old Splash Mountain walled off with signs like the one below. It’s strange Disney choose “Tiana’s Foods” for the walls outside the ride, which is not a restaurant. There’s also some art work closer to Hungry Bear Restaurant featuring familiar faces that depict the ride much better.
- Secure your tickets and theme park reservations. Yes, it’s important to have your tickets in hand now. Tickets don’t expire until 2025 so you’ll have your tickets on hand the moment you want to go for a ride down the Bayou. Discount tickets are available here. Be sure to buy multi-day tickets with a Park Hopper to increase your chance of riding.
- Download the Disneyland App and add everyone’s ticket to the app. If they’re traveling with you, their ticket should be linked in your app.
- Familiarize yourself with how the Disneyland app works. Practice using Disney Genie and purchasing Individual Lightning Lane selections.
Day-of Riding Tips for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
Important things to know for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure based off experience from other ride openings. Of course I will update this once we have official word from Disneyland:
- Guests must have scanned into the park in order to purchase Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Individual Lightning Lane. This is how they did it for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, I think they’ll do it again this way.
- You may purchase an Individual Lightning Lane for this ride one time per day, per ticket with a valid theme park reservation. This is how they did it for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, I think they’ll do it again this way.
- Attempt the Virtual Queue option in addition to, or separate from purchasing in Individual Lightning Lane. Virtual queue enrollment times might be twice daily, at 7:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. PT. You do not have to be scanned into the park for this option. This is how they did it for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, I think they’ll do it again this way.
- Rope drop and/or watch the Disneyland app for stand-by wait times if and when stand-by becomes available.
When your individual Lightning Lane return time arrives, you generally have one hour to return to the attraction but be sure to enable push notifications and check your app for updates.
Tiana’s Bayou Virtual Queue at Disneyland
Joining the virtual queue can be stressful as you race the clock each day of your Disney vacation. Guests who have slower connections or bad wifi may find they’re out of luck as Boarding Groups fill to capacity within seconds of Virtual Queues opening.
Here are my top tips to join the Virtual Queue in those first few seconds if Disneyland decides to implement a VQ for Tiana’s. I used these same tips from Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance when it first opened with a Virtual Queue.
Join the virtual queue from anywhere via the Disneyland App! You can join the queue as early as 7:00 am PT on the date of your visit. Keep reading for the step by step instructions.
- BEFORE 7:00 AM, even before your trip test this out. Locate the boarding group information on the Home Screen of the Disneyland App by scrolling down and seeing this image. It will of course say “Tiana’s Bayou Adventure” instead of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
The queue opens at 7:00 am PT for guests who have tickets AND a reservation to start their day at Disneyland Park. Set your alarm for a few minutes before and be ready to tap “JOIN BOARDING GROUP.”
- Clear out all apps, the Disneyland app is the ONLY one you want running
- Confirm your guests are checked off in your group
- Have another member of your party open a countdown clock, preferably time.gov.
- At 6:59:59 Tap “JOIN BOARDING GROUP” or My Status>Join Boarding Group
- Don’t delay, one morning I waited 3 seconds just to test it and it was GONE!
- Try at 1:00 pm if . . . you are park hopping or missed the 7:00 am time slot, you can join the queue at 1:00 pm from inside either park, at home or your hotel. Open the app one minute before the virtual queue opens. Then be prepared with quick fingers to tap:
- Join a boarding group or
- My Status>Join Boarding Group
- If you have little ones’ tickets who won’t ride, join them to a group anyway! No time to lose by unselecting them. Just join. If you’re successful, you will see something like this image below telling you which boarding group you’re in and the size of your party. Again, it’ll look a bit different for this new ride.
Q&A for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
There’s a lot of information to keep in your brain for one ride.That being said, it’s likely you have more questions about Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Disneyland strategies, so let’s do this!
Can I just wait in line for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Disneyland?
We’re not sure yet, but if Tiana’s follows the logistics of Mickey and Minnie’s, we won’t see a standby line right away. I’ll update this with more as soon as I hear directly from Disney.
Who can ride Tiana’s Adventure at Disneyland?
Guests must be 40 inches or taller to ride. The seating fits 6 or 7 people, no seat belts or restraints.
Can I use Genie+ for Tiana’s at Disneyland?
We don’t know yet if Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will be on the Genie+ ride list.
Is Tiana’s Adventure open during Early Entry at Disneyland?
Early Entry is an early admission option offered for guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels only. I do not expect Tiana’s Bayou Adventure to be included in Early Entry.
Can I purchase Individual Lightning Lane from California Adventure?
Yes, with a valid ticket and theme park reservation. Your return time must be for later in the day when you can park hop, you’ll have to manually watch for the times as they advance toward 11: 00 am.
How many times can I ride Tiana’s Bayou Adventure each day at Disneyland?
My guess is during its initial opening you will only be able to pay for Individual Lightning Lane once per day, per ticket holder. You can combine that with either a Virtual Queues or stand-by line to ride multiple times, if available.
Will Tiana’s Bayou Adventure have Single Rider Line?
While Splash Mountain did have a single rider line, I do not think we’ll see one for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
Can I ride Tiana’s Adventure if I stay at one of the Disneyland Resort hotels?
Guests of the Disneyland Resort Hotels have no better chance to ride than anyone else. You must still use the methods discussed in this article to ride the attraction. There are lots of other perks you can enjoy by staying on-site, this just isn’t one of them.
How do I use DAS to ride Tiana’s Bayou Adventure?
Yes you may use DAS to ride Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. You will enter the attraction via the Individual Lightning Lane queue. Please see a guest relations cast member for more details.
Will you be visiting Walt Disney’s original Magic Kingdom in Anaheim to ride this new attraction?