We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Celebrate Father’s Day at Disneyland Resort with perfect dining selections, gift guide and discount tickets to show Dad how much you care.
A magical Disneyland Father’s Day begins here. Whether you’re planning way in advance, or last minute—Dad will never know, because we have everything covered.
Disneyland Father’s Day Prep
Father’s Day is on Sunday June 16, 2019. You can visit Disneyland on actual Father’s Day or create a unique, DIY Disneyland package for your future Disneyland visit.
Assure Dad you will spend the day at Disneyland Resort as a magical getaway focused entirely on what he loves including Star Wars, Marvel and more.
If you’re taking Dad to Disneyland on Father’s Day this year, here are some of our top Disneyland planning articles to help you plan a perfect Disneyland getaway:
Discount Disneyland Father’s Day Tickets. Dad will be so proud you got a good deal on those Disneyland tickets! Get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort and you’ll pay less than if you bought them through Disney.
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code Happiest10 at checkout. We’ll talk more about hotels below!
[maxbutton id=”4″ ]
Disneyland Father’s Day Dining
Everyone loves a good meal and some treats to top it off at Disneyland, especially Dad. When you’re visiting Disneyland for Father’s Day, consider adding a special dining experience inside the parks. You can even secure dining reservation outside the parks if a ticket to Disneyland isn’t in your budget.
Disneyland Father’s Day Food Dad will Love
Some restaurants accept reservations, and you can often snag those last minute even though they open 60 days in advance. Use the Disneyland mobile app to secure your reservation.
The following locations encourage reservations:
- Cafe Orleans inside Disneyland park’s New Orleans Square. Deep friend Monte Cristo sandwiches anyone?
- Catal Restaurant at Downtown Disney doesn’t disappoint for a night of fine dining.
- Lamplight Lounge with Lobster Nachos and an assortment of drinks overlooking Pixar Pier.
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, no ticket needed at this Downtown Disney eatery.
- Bowling and excellent food? Splitsville is where it’s at for Dad on Father’s Day.
- Wine Country Trattoria at California Adventure is another Father’s Day fav.
Need something quick or a little more flexible? Quick service options are in abundance, including places to stop for a drink and a bite to eat:
- Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar is another Disneyland Dad favorite. Located at the Disneyland Hotel, you don’t need park tickets to enjoy this Jungle Cruise inspired eatery. More info on Trader Sam’s menu here.
- Eating inside the park? I recommend heading to the Plaza Inn for some of Dad’s favorite fried chicken. Delicious and no reservations required.
Where Can Dad Get a Drink?
That’s what my dad is asking, so I’ll go ahead an answer that question. We mentioned some above, but here’s a few more places that serve alcohol.
- Alfresco Tasting Terrace, bar and lounge at California Adventure
- Ballast Point, Downtown Disney
- Bayside Brews, Paradise Gardens Park at California Adventure
- Black Tap Burgers & Shakes (and your gonna want one of these CrazyShakes!)
- Carthay Circle Lounge, bar and lounge at California Adventure
- Cozy Cone Motel
- Hollywood Lounge, bar and lounge at California Adventure
Disneyland Father’s Day Photos
Looking for a big surprise for Dad? Schedule a photo session during your Disneyland visit. I highly recommend A&C Photography for any Disneyland photo sessions you need. I used them for my family photos a few years ago as a surprise for my husband. A&C Photography really gives such a unique touch to Disneyland family photos and you can even save $25 by booking here.
If you’re simply hoping to snap some quick Father’s Day photos at Disneyland, be sure to utilize Disney MaxPass so you can get free downloads from PhotoPass photographers. I’ve outlined my favorite spots for Disneyland pictures here.
Disneyland Father’s Day Gifts
Who says Dad is too big for toys? Not when it comes to Star Wars! Let Dad build that LEGO Star Wars set he’s been eyeing since he was a kid.
Will Dad choose the dark side or the light side? I chose the Dark Side at Disneyland because the line was shorter :).
When we go to Disneyland, it’s pretty much the only time I can get my husband in a Disney t-shirt. I absolutely love this Incredibles, don’t you think it’s incredible?
If your Disney Dad has a little more sophisticated taste, you can’t go wrong with these subtle Mickey Cufflinks and some sweet Disney dress socks.
Top off your Disney themed gift with this stunning Disney-inspired Father’s Day card from Enchanted Type.
Father’s Day at Disneyland DIY
You can create Father’s Day at Disneyland even when you’re at home. Print out these Father’s Day “DadsPass” that look just like a Disneyland FASTPASS! Fill in a Goofy Father’s Day Mad Lib and create this Toy Story Alien Father’s Day Card (“oooooh!”).
Whether you’re heading to Disneyland for Father’s Day this year or planning a Father’s Day at Disneyland for next time, we hope you share with us how you’re celebrating Dad on his special day.