We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
2019 is already shaping up as a year to remember at Disneyland Resort, and it all starts with a mouse and “Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration.”
There are so many new things happening at Disneyland Resort in 2019, I had to dive into them separately to explore all the reasons you need to visit Disneyland this year.
Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration
Mickey and Minnie Mouse turned 90 years old on November 18, 2018 and it’s on because the party don’t stop in 2019 (cue DJ Mickey, and yes—that’s a real thing in 2019 so keep reading!).
What is “Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration”? In 2019, Disneyland Resort invites you to the biggest celebration of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in Disneyland history. The event is full of fun, food, surprises and more, encouraging guests to “Get Your Ears On” and celebrate 90 years with the duo that started it all. The ears won’t be a problem for me, I’ve got a collection of 30 or so and it just keeps growing! Some of the events for the celebration include:
- Mickey’s Mix Magic
- Mickey’s Soundsational Parade
- Mickey Inspired Food & Drinks
- Mickey & Minnie collectable merchandise
How much does it cost to attend “Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration”? All the events taking place inside Disney parks are included for free with paid admission. Food and merchandise are of course, an additional cost. You can get your discount Disneyland tickets here.
New Fireworks & Projections – Mickey’s Mix Magic
Kicking it all off is Mickey’s Mix Magic, a new night-time experience at Disneyland Park. Every night in 2019 guests can enjoy a high-energy projection show, celebrating the one and only Mickey Mouse. Think of it as a family fun dance party with locations to bust a move throughout the park. DJ Mickey Mouse (on-screen, not in person) will be spinning the new celebration song, “It’s a Good Time”. You’ll also hear some remixes of favorite Disney songs like Frozen’s “Let It Go” and the all Spanish version of “Un Poco Loco” from Coco.
Projections are a big deal at Disneyland and that’s one thing that makes Mickey’s Mix Magic stand alone. Every night there will be a colorful display featuring lighting, lasers and music to dance and celebrate. Mickey’s Mix Magic takes place at the following locations:
- Main Street, U.S.A.
- Rivers of America
- Façade of “it’s a small world”
Does Mickey’s Mix Magic have fireworks? While Mickey’s Mix Magic runs every night, fireworks are limited to weekend nights and major holidays or breaks.
What time is Mickey’s Mix Magic? Most nights at 9:30 pm. Check the Disneyland app for official times.
Do I need to save spots to Mickey’s Mix Magic? It’s best to find your spot for Mickey’s Mix Magic early on nights when they include fireworks. For less crowds, I suggest Rivers of America, especially when Fantasmic is not running which significantly clears that area. On fireworks night, find your favorite area about an 60-90 minutes before the show. On nights featuring music and projections, you can often find a spot to enjoy the view about 30 minutes before. No word yet it there will be reserved viewing areas for Mickey’s Mix Magic.
New Floats – Mickey’s Soundsational Parade
“Get your ears on” for the classic Disneyland parade, Mickey’s Soundsational! True, it’s been around a while but it’s been updated for 2019 and still carries its weight for being one of the most up-beat and entertaining parades at Disneyland. You’re going to want to see Mickey Soundsational Parade in 2019 and here’s why:
- A new Mickey Mouse float leads the way inspired by the classic Mickey pull toys
- Chip ‘n Dale follow with the giant celebration cake
- Mickey Mouse and his snare drummers return to get parade goers ready for some fun
Who is in Mickey’s Soundsational Parade? In addition to Mickey Mouse, Chip ‘n Dale and Minnie, you can also wave hello to Goofy, characters from Aladdin, friends from The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and more. For Disney Princess fans, you will love seeing Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Belle and Rapunzel, Tiana and more.
Can I get reserved spots for Mickey’s Soundsational Parade? Not yet. As of late January, no reserved spots via dining packages have been announced. In the meantime, grab your spot for parade viewing here where I list my top spots to watch any Disneyland parade.
What time is Mickey’s Soundsational Parade? The parade runs at 3:30 and 6:00 pm, but check your daily entertainment schedule because it runs twice on select days only. Remember, during winter months that 6:00 pm parade will be in the dark. The later showing is also a fantastic way to hold spots along the curb at about 5:00 pm while someone else goes and grabs dinner via mobile ordering on the Disneyland app. You can eat and snack while you wait.
With all these things to do, you may be wondering how much time you need at Disneyland. Read why the pros recommend at least 3 days.
Get Your Ears On Dance Party
It’s always a dance party when music plays at Disneyland. In addition to the dance party happening during Mickey’s Mix Magic, you can also get your ears on during the Celebration Dance Party at Tomorrowland Terrace. Favorite Disney characters make the rounds here as they dance with guests every night! You’ll hear popular Disney songs and the new “It’s a Good Time” which you’ll be singing for days, even after your Disneyland vacation!
Get Your Ears On – Food and Drinks
Disneyland Resort really knows how to celebrate, so of course food and drinks are included! Mickey shape food is my absolute favorite, and “Get Your Ears On” just gives us more excuses to eat those Mickey shaped and Mickey inspired food items.
Get Your Ears On Food
- Share Your Ears Cheeseburger with ears made out of mini cheeseburger sliders, perfect to share with your kids. Available at Smokejumpers Grill.
- Cheddar Sausage Link with Mac and Cheese at Award Wieners.
- Celebrate Mickey chicken and waffles at Carnation Cafe.
- Spectacular Mickey Pizza with Mickey shaped pepperoni at Boardwalk Pizza. You can also get Mickey Pepperoni pizza at Daisy’s Diner.
- Smoked Salmon Salad at Cafe Orleans.
- Specialty Toasted Cheese Sandwich at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe.
- Pad Thai Spring Roll with a hidden Mickey at Bengal Barbecue.
- Bacon Mac & Cheese Footlong Hotdog at Pluto’s Doghouse.
- Sopes Trio – Chicken, beef, and pork served on fried corn dough with refried beans, shredded lettuce, spicy lime aïoli, and salsa roja all 3 together to shape Mickey Mouse, great to share at Rancho Del Zocalo.
- Vegan Hot Diggity Dog – Vegan hot dog topped with spicy lentil chili, onions, and mustard served with seasonal fruit at Harbour Galley.
Get Your Ears On Kid Meals
We’ve listed tons of regular menu items perfect for kids here, but there’s also some Get Your Ears on Kid Meals you don’t want to miss!
- Mickey’s Mac and Cheese (kid’s meal) – Mickey-shaped pasta tossed with a creamy cheese sauce and served with applesauce, seasonal fruit, and choice of milk or small bottled water at French Market.
- Mickey Pasta with Marinara Sauce (kid’s meal) – served with applesauce, seasonal fruit, and choice of milk or small bottled water at French Market.
Get Your Ears On Churros
- Churros in a variety of flavors throughout the resort, including some with the caramel drizzle and Mickey shaped candy confetti.
- Mickey Mouse Celebration Churro available near “it’s a small world”.
- Caramel corn churro at Willie’s Churros on Buena Vista Street.
- Maple bacon churro near Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.
- Chocolate Mickey Celebration churro near Goofy’s Sky School
Get Your Ears On Treats at Disneyland Resort
There are so many treats to try during “Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration”. I haven’t even listed them all! You will definitely want to grab a food guide that are available throughout the resort to see photos and locations of all the food you’re going to want to eat during your visit.
Get Your Ears on Treats on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Birthday Sundae in Mickey or Minnie “kitchen sink” at Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor.
- Mickey Mouse Club hat dessert at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe.
- Mickey cake pop with party hat and bow tie at Candy Palace.
- Mickey shaped fudge at Candy Palace.
- Celebration Cake with raspberry and lemon flavors at Plaza Inn.
Get Your Ears on Treats in Critter Country
- Mickey cake pop with party hat and bow tie at Pooh Corner.
- Mickey shaped fudge at Pooh Corner.
Get Your Ears on Treats in Fantasyland & Mickey’s Toontown
- Mickey’s Birthday Sundae – Frozen yogurt with fruit popcorn, birthday cake cotton candy, candied chocolates, and colorful celebration cake at Clarabelle’s
- Mickey or Minnie Chocolate Chip Cupcake at Daisy’s Diner, Pluto’s Dog House and Clarbelle’s.
Get Your Ears on Treats in New Orleans Square, Frontierland & Adventureland
- Birthday Cake Mickey Beignets – Chocolate-coffee cake and white cake beignets at Cafe Orleans.
- Funnel of Love Minnie Mouse funnel cake, strawberry cheesecake flavor.
- Mickey Hat Dessert Vanilla mousse dome with churro crunch filling, mango glaze, and striped Mickey ears at Rancho Del Zocalo.
- Frozen Strawberry Horchata – flavored with strawberry and topped with whipped cream, a dehydrated strawberry, and a sprinkle of cinnamon at Rancho Del Zocalo.
Get Your Ears on Treats in California Adventure
- Steamboat Willie Black & White Cookies at Trolley Treats.
- Mickey cake pop with party hat and bow tie at Trolley Treats.
- Mickey shaped fudge at Trolley Treats.
- Mickey’s chocolate cup and brownie at Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe
- Cookies & Cream Bread pudding at Pacific Wharf Cafe
- Party Hat macaron with celebratory streamers at Cozy Cone Motel, note the blue dye will color you blue as well!
- “Get Your Ears On” funnel fries feature a cookies and cream funnel cake, in bite-size form at Award Winers.
- Mickey & Minnie Donuts at Schmoozies.
Get Your Ears on Treats Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Mickey or Minnie Donuts in the lobby of the Grand Californian in March and beyond.
- Mickey’s Tea Party Celebration at Steakhouse 55 through March 31.
Get Your Ears On – Shopping
Disneyland is really getting into the matching t-shirt scene, you know the ones in every size so your whole group can match? Disney inspired designers online have been creating their own masterpieces that home for years, so it’s great to see some official Disney merchandise for “Get Your Ears On.” Most of the t-shirts are available in various sizes from adults down to toddlers. The designs focus on classic Minnie and Mickey Mouse with a “Let’s Celebrate” motif. You can also get baseball caps and cinch backpacks. We expect more “Get Your Ears On” merchandise to be released throughout 2019.
Some of my favorites include:
- Rock the Dot Minnie Ears
- Loungefly Rock the Dot Minnie-mini Backpack
- Mickey Mouse Popcorn buckets, including the AP exclusive, Steamboat Willie
- Get Your Ears On and celebration trading pins
There’s so much to see, eat and do during “Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration”—what are your top must-dos during this 2019 celebration?!?
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.