Hyatt House at Anaheim Convention Center is walking distance from everything you need in Anaheim.
Located at Harbor Blvd. and Katella, Hyatt House is one block to both the Anaheim Convention Center and free Toy Story lot shuttle to Disneyland Resort.
Do you love the familiarity of Hyatt brand when you travel to Disney, plus a complementary breakfast?
Hyatt House hotels are designed to welcome guests and World of Hyatt members, at their comfortable extended stay suites with all the conveniences of home.
Keep reading for more about these apartment style suites near Disneyland below.
But first some of my thoughts on the area and why this hotel might or might not be best for you.
Hyatt House joins two other Hyatt brand hotels within a 15 or so minute drive to Disneyland, and all are located on Harbor Blvd.
- Hyatt Regency Orange County located in Garden Grove is both the farthest from Disneyland and the least expensive of they Hyatts in the area.
- Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort located in Anaheim, but a bit farther down Harbor Blvd than Hyatt House, but tends to be the most expensive of the group.
- Hyatt House Anaheim Convention Center is the closest Hyatt to the main gates of Disneyland and the hotel we’ll be reviewing here. It’s still farther than other non-Hyatt brands and may be too far for your family to walk back and forth. Especially if you have toddlers or younger kids who nap.
I’ve stayed in nearly 20 Disneyland area hotels, and this is one I would definitely book again.
My kids are older and comfortable walking and staying all day at Disneyland. Without as many back and forth trips, this spot could really work for us.
I especially like the limited access to the hotel and feeling of safety and security at this Disneyland good neighbor hotel.
You need a room key to enter the lobby during most hours, a key to access guest room floors via elevator and doors to rooms are all interior entrances.
Hyatt House Convention Center Location
Hyatt House at Anaheim Resort Convention Center is located at 1800 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, California 92802.
An apartment-like suite gives you quick and easy access to Walgreens, Starbucks and other shops and dining on the ground floor of the hotel.
At the corner of Harbor and Katella, you’ll see Disneyland Resort is a short walk away. Or hop aboard the free Disney Toy Story Lot Shuttle, located just behind the hotel.
Is this hotel walkable?
Hyatt House is about a 15-20 minute walk to Disneyland. Or walk about 5 minutes south to board the free Toy Story lot shuttle to Disneyland instead.
For those headed to the Anaheim Convention Center, this is one of the premier locations with all the business amenities you need for your stay.
It’s about a 5 minute walk to the Anaheim Convention Center.
Here’s the best ways to get to Disneyland from Hyatt House:
- Walk & Ride. Use the free Toy Story Shuttle, it’ll take about the same amount of time as walking yourself, but it’ll save your feet. You might even walk to Disneyland in the morning and ride the shuttle home after a long day. No car seats needed.
- Uber it! If your kids don’t need car seats (under 8 years old need them and Uber does not provide them), get an Uber. Ubers-aplenty in Anaheim and the drive is short and drops you off steps from the gates of Disneyland.
When you need an amenity packed hotel near Disneyland and plenty of space to unwind, book using my discount code DisneylandPlan here.
Hyatt House Rooms & Suites
Hyatt House brand makes you feel right at home with all the upgrades, neighborly service and extra spaces you deserve when vacationing.
Two of the most popular room types sleep up to 6 guests each, with kitchens and lounge areas to spread out and be comfortable.
You can even view fireworks from select, resort facing hotel rooms. Many also have separate living areas which are separated by a door or partition.
- 2 Queens and Sofa Bed Studio room has two queen beds, one sofa pull out bed, bathroom with a shower/tub combo, lots of drawers, shelves and storage space, full kitchen with island, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and freezer. A small partition wall separates the 2 queens and the sofa bed, with one swivel TV in the middle.
- 2 Queens and Sofa Bed Suite room has two queen beds with a door and one sofa pull out bed. The main difference in this room and the studio pictured is the door that separates the living and sleeping space. This suite also has bathroom with a shower/tub combo, lots of drawers, shelves and storage space, full kitchen, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and freezer.
- King Bed and Bunk Bed Family Suite room has a king bed with a sliding door that separates the bunk bed room. This suite also has bathroom with a shower/tub combo, lots of drawers, shelves and storage space, full kitchen, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and freezer.
I personally stayed 2 nights in a studio room. The beds were comfortable, with lots of pillows and firmness varieties.
I did not try the pull out sofa bed, but we usually put the youngest kids on pull out beds when we travel. For families with 3 or 4 kids, this hotel can meet you at your price point and keep you close to Disneyland.
Hyatt House Convention Center Food
Since you have a full kitchen in your suite, you might want to stock up on groceries and snacks. This article details all the grocery stores near Disneyland.
You also have Walgreens just below the hotel, but I prefer the selection at CVS just across the street for food.
Also on the main level next to and below the hotel is a Starbucks and pizza place for a quick bite to eat.
If you want the best offsite pizza, walk just across the street and grab delicious food from The Pizza Press on Harbor Blvd.
And remember, the hotel does offer a grab and go breakfast or free hot breakfast with made to order omelets. They also have offerings at H Bar with a Sip + Snack menu.
Hyatt House Bonus Details
There’s still more reasons you might consider booking a stay at Hyatt House, besides its proximity to Disneyland and the convention center.
- 24-hour business center
- Free Wi-Fi
- On-site laundry
- Self-parking, below ground parking garage (fee may apply)
- Ample indoor and outdoor communal spaces
- Large, heated outdoor pool and hot tub
If you’re familiar with the Hyatt House brand, this is a great choice near Disneyland theme parks.
Final thoughts on Hyatt House at Anaheim Convention Center . . . the price point was exactly what I needed for my visit. Add that to free breakfast and plenty of sleep space.
My kids would definitely enjoy the large pool especially when compared with the neighboring Springhill Suites Convention Center pool which is tiny.
This hotel is fabulous for larger groups and business travelers alike. I will certainly consider it the next time I go to D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center as well.
Price point alone might simplify your decision.
What do you think? Worth the cost for a suite, kitchen and newer hotel? How about breakfast, is that a make or break for you when booking a Disneyland Hotel?
What about staying at a trusted brand like Hyatt? Share your thoughts and book your stay at Hyatt House here.