Disney California Adventure Food & Wine dessert tasting guide is here! Disney’s Food & Wine Festival is an annual event at California Adventure featuring California inspired food and wine, festive marketplaces, culinary demonstrations, along with live music and entertainment. Disneyland Resort provided me with a Sip & Savor Pass to taste-test these items.
Food & Wine Festival runs February 28th through April 21, 2020.
Wine tasting? Sure, they’ve got that covered. But let’s talk dessert tasting! Our list of 75 desserts from Festival of Holidays was so popular we decided to reprise it for Food & Wine Festival. Disneyland Resort provided me with vouchers to taste-test these items.
I’ve gathered all the top desserts at the Food & Wine Festival booths so you can hop from kiosk to kiosk and satisfy your sweet tooth while at Disney California Adventure Park this spring. But first, check out all of our Food & Wine Festival Q&A here.
Updated with 2020 Food & Wine menu items!
California Adventure Food & Wine Dessert Tasting | Berries & Melons
These berry treats are exactly what California dreams are made of! Fresh berries are grown throughout California, then showcased in a variety of festivals from spring through August. At Disneyland Resort, you’ll find the berry-sweet treats you need to kick off our Disneyland Food & Wine Dessert tasting 2020. Available at Berry Patch marketplace.
- Raspberry-Lychee-Rose Custard with Mixed Berry Compote, available at Berry Patch marketplace.
- Oikos® Greek Yogurt California Berries Summer Pudding (Contains trace amounts of alcohol), available at Berry Patch marketplace. This was a winner in our group, very refreshing and not rich and heavy. This dessert won’t drag you down if you’re already feeling low on energy.
- Ruby Citrus Sparkler (Non-Alcoholic), available at Berry Patch marketplace.
- Pabana Cream Puff with Mango, Passion Fruit and Banana Mousse, available at One in a Melon marketplace.
- Berry Spectacular Cookie Shake (Non-Alcoholic), available at Paradise Garden Grill. Kids will definitely be pulled to the pink hues, sprinkles and animal cookies on top. I thought this was more on the smoothie side of things, rather than a shake. I found it to be just alright. My friends sampled it with me and they all thought it was way too sweet.
California Adventure Food & Wine Dessert Tasting | Cakes
At Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, you can have your cake and eat it too. Because these are served in small bite form, there’s even more reason to indulge and try a bit of everything!
- Monkey Bread with Caramel Whiskey Glaze and Candied Pecans (Contains trace amounts of alcohol), available at LA Style marketplace.
- Oikos® Greek Yogurt Banoffee Tart, available at Nuts about Cheese marketplace.
- Sweet Empanada with Caramel Sauce at the food vending cart near Goofy’s Sky School. This kiosk may close earlier than the other marketplaces, so stop here earlier. I was bummed I missed out because I waited too late.
California Adventure Food & Wine Dessert Tasting | Chocolate
Chocolate is my go-to dessert. I love a good chocolate. 2020 has less chocolate than previous years, but that just means I will get to try everything chocolate, easy!
- Mickey-shaped Caramel-Peanut-Milk Chocolate Macaron, available at Off the Cob marketplace. I ordered enough for an army. Kidding! This was the display at our media event and it might be my favorite visual ever. Stacks of Mickey macarons. I couldn’t finish an entire one alone, you’ll find the ingredients to be similar to a Snickers bar.
- Black Forest Parfait. Layers of Chocolate Cake, Vanilla Chantilly, Chocolate Mousse, and Cherries. Available at Paradise Garden Grill.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch, available at Cluck a Doodle Moo marketplace.
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Cheesecake, available at Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Churro. This churro treat needs no introduction. Find it at the food cart in Hollywood Land near LA Style Marketplace. This was easily the longest line I saw during opening weekend! Be prepared to wait if you want to get your hands on this beauty.
- Triple Chocolate Brownie available at Sonoma Terrace.
California Adventure Food & Wine Dessert Tasting | Sweet Drinks
Mocktails, shakes and non-alcoholic drinks are one of my favorite ways to celebrate at Disneyland Resort. If you’re ready to step outside of Lamplight Lounge’s huge mocktail menu, Food & Wine Festival dessert tasting is the place to be.
- House-made Watermelon Agua Fresca (Non-Alcoholic), available at One in a Melon marketplace.
- Farmstand Punch available at Off the Cob marketplace. A perfect cool-down refresher.
- Supporting Role Lemonade – Lavender Lemonade (Non-Alcoholic), available at Hollywood Lounge. This is one I am sad I missed, let me know if you try it!
- Strawberry-Rose Lemonade (Non-Alcoholic), available at Golden Dreams marketplace. I tried this one at the media event, it’s tasty and refreshing.
- Fig & Lavender Cold Brew (Non-Alcoholic), available at Golden Dreams marketplace.
- Ruby Citrus Sparkler (Non-Alcoholic) Available at Berry Patch marketplace.
- Berry Spectacular Cookie Shake (Non-Alcoholic), available at Paradise Garden Grill.
- Almond Mocha Shake, available at Schmoozies!
- Fruitful Green Tea with Berry, Pineapple and Orange Juices (Non-Alcoholic), available at Pacific Wharf Coffee Cart.
California Adventure Food & Wine Dessert Tasting | Jr Chef
Another dessert crawl option that is not only free, but perfect for your little ones is Junior Chef.
This daily event is available on a first-come, first-served basis for children ages 3 to 11 in the Hollywood Backlot. Check the entertainment schedule on the Disneyland App to see what times are available. Park admission required.
“With silly supervision from Chef Goofy, kids follow a recipe and then swirl everything together (little hands may get messy). The finished goodies go into the magic oven and―voila! Each child gets a wrapped, ready-to-eat baked treat.” -Disney Parks Blog
Don’t forget to check out our full guide to Disney California Adventure’s Food and Wine Festival here.