We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
The official Disneyland app is now live! Everything changes today. While we’ve been relying on outside developers for our Disneyland apps, Disneyland has finally released their official app and it’s poised to be a game changer.
Here’s what you need to know about the new Disneyland app.
Get the Official Disneyland App
As of August 4, 2015, the official app for the Disneyland Resort is available for download at the AppStore and on Google Play. Click this link to download the app on your mobile device.
Disneyland Wait Times
Like competitors, the official Disneyland Resort app allows you access to wait times in real time.
Disneyland Resort Hours
Link Disneyland Resort Tickets on your Phone
Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code Happiest10 at checkout.
After securing your discount Disneyland tickets, you can link them to the mobile app simply by scanning into the app on the morning of your visit.
Using the Disneyland App
- Sign in using your Disney account. This is the same account you use on all Disney company websites. No need to create a new account if you already have one.
- Link to your annual pass, simply scan your annual pass barcodes (you can also add your kids or spouse’s annual pass!) and you’re good to go. You can now use your phone to get entry into the parks but will still need to bring your actual pass with you for FASTPASSES and passholder discounts.
- Use the barcode on the app to gain entrance to the parks. You will be issued a paper ticket at the turnstile which you will need to keep an use for FASTPASSES.
- If you’re using Disney MaxPass, be sure to read up on all the details here.
- Browse park hours for about 30 days out, see what’s closed for refurbishment and more.
Scroll up and see attraction wait times in either map or list format. Tap an attraction to open detailed information including height requirements and helpful information.
One of my favorite features is the character map and list.
Go to list format to quickly select your favorite characters and find out the best time to pay them a visit. Or use the map list to see who’s nearby.
Need something to eat? Check out the alphabetical list of dining options that even tells you where you can get classic items like lemonade and churros. Select an eatery and find out hours, type of cuisine and setting. For reservations, tap ‘find a table’ and the app will open up the reservation system in a new browser.
Other helpful resources available on the Disneyland app include restroom locator, PhotoPass locations (have them take a picture with your phone, it’s free!), entertainment, events and more.
Have you downloaded the Disneyland app yet?
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.