We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
We’ve created this Healthy Disneyland Dining Guide because finding healthy food at Disneyland shouldn’t be hard. We want to give you better advice than packing healthy food from home or suggesting you go back to your hotel fridge every time you need to refuel. To me, those are pretty obvious options.
What if you simply want to eat healthy at Disneyland without making every meal yourself? After all, it is vacation! My goal for our Healthy Disneyland Dining Guide is to give you at least one healthier option from Disneyland’s most popular quick service and table service restaurants. While “healthy” has different definitions for everyone, I want anyone who is looking to stay on track to be able to enjoy their Disneyland trip without living solely off of apples and bananas.
Remember, you can get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort. Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more along with your discount Disneyland tickets! Use promo code Happiest10 at checkout.
Healthy Disneyland Dining Nutrition Facts
Disneyland Nutrition Facts & Calories. Disney is making progress toward easy healthy dining, but still has a lot of room to grow. One major set back? Nowhere does Disney make public the nutrition facts for their food. When I wrote to Disneyland dining services about access to nutritional information, there response was, “We are not able to provide Guests with nutritional information. However, we are happy to attempt to work within any dietary requests and may suggest some menu alternatives that may satisfy the request.”
That is a huge disappointment. And if you’re counting calories, it makes your job a bit of a challenge. Some places like My Fitness Pal offer a limited database of their “best guess” for Disneyland food calories and nutrition content. Remember, Disneyland makes it easy to customize meal options, don’t be afraid to ask for fresh fruit instead of fries or other fresh options like bagged carrots or apple slices (the latter two are great to carry with you for a quick pick-me-up).
Disneyland Mickey Check Meal
Disney is moving in the right direction with their “Mickey Check Meal.” Select kids’ meals (but you can order them too!) are designated as a “Mickey Check Meal” which means they “meet Disney Nutrition Guidelines that limit calories, saturated fat, sodium, and sugar.”
Mickey Check Meals have 600 calories or less when eaten as a complete meal and includes 3 or more food groups. On a recent visit, I enjoyed this Turkey Sandwich Mickey Check Meal from Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe, served with 32 ounce Dasani water, sliced apples and baby carrots. I actually couldn’t finish the entire meal. The bagged fruits and veggies made it easy for me to stash in my bag for a snack later on.
Disneyland Dietary & Allergy Concerns
If you’re coming to Disneyland Resort with special dietary and allergy concerns, you can use these resources as a starting point:
- Most restaurants offer no-sugar-added, low-fat, low-sodium and vegetarian options. Advance arrangements are not needed, just discuss your needs with your server upon arrival.
- Gluten-free dining at Disneyland is simpler than you think. Check out our easy guide to Gluten-free Disneyland food.
- Are you counting points on the Weight Watchers plan? See what I ate doing Weight Watchers at Disneyland.
- Low carbs and keeping it Keto at Disneyland is possible.
Healthy Disneyland Dining Restaurants
Table service restaurants encourage reservations. You can make reservations 60 days out by calling 714-781-3463. Depending on when you’re going to Disneyland, you’ll want to set a reminder on to make reservations right on that 60 day mark. The above meal is from Wine Country Trattoria at California Adventure.
Healthy Disneyland Dining Blue Bayou. This is the iconic table service restaurant located inside Pirates of the Caribbean. If you’re eating here, you will likely need a reservation. Healthier options here include roasted chicken breast, fresh catch of the day (I love ordering fish at Disneyland, it’s always delicious!) and various salad options. In fact most sit-down restaurants at Disneyland Resort offer salads, fish and lean meat options:
- Cafe Orleans is best known for its deep fried Monte Cristo sandwich, skip that a head toward the Signature salad or Crescent City salad with either pan seared salmon or blackened chicken. Cafe Orleans salad pictured below.
- Carnation Cafe on Main Street, U.S.A. is where you’ll find a few healthier dining options in this picturesque restaurant on Main Street, U.S.A. including spinach salad with grilled chicken, vegan burger, and a roasted turkey sandwich.
- River Belle Terrace go for Becky Thatcher’s Vegetarian Chopped Salad complete with garbanzo and black beans, boiled egg, tomato, red bell pepper, corn, cucumber and pickled red onion with your choice of dressing.
Healthy Disneyland Food
Quick service restaurants are available without reservations, and now that Disneyland has implemented mobile dining orders via the Disneyland app, you can order your food and pick it up at your convenience with little to no wait.
- Bengal Barbecue healthy food choices aplenty at this outdoor quick service eatery in Adventureland is known for its famous jungle skewers. Combine a protein packed Chieftain Chicken Skewer and an Outback Vegetable Skewer for a satisfying and balanced meal. You can also order a spring roll (pictured above) or hummus trio.
- French Market offers a lush garden setting in New Orleans Square, with two Mickey Check Meals (Pasta with Marinara and Chicken Breast with Rice) plus French Market chicken (oven roasted half chicken with seasonal vegetables) and New Orleans salad
- Galactic Grill located in Tomorrowland, this Star Wars themed eatery has healthier options like Veggie Sandwich or a Chopped Salad with grilled chicken.
- Hungry Bear Restaurant —who doesn’t love a view like this when dining at the often overlooked Hungry Bear Restaurant? Tucked back in Critter County, you’ll find lower level seating and a deck above with more spectacular views while you dine. Enjoy a Picnic Salad (Smoked Turkey Breast, Strawberries, Feta cheese, Cranberries, Roasted Almonds, Jicama, on top of Mixed Greens, with a Strawberry Vinaigrette.) or a Turkey Caesar Wrap.
- Red Rose Tavern is a usy spot in the heart of Fantasyland, you can grab a garden vegetable burger with fresh fruit, grilled chicken sandwich with fresh fruit or an apple and cheddar salad for a healthier fare.
- Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante Mexican food has its pros and cons when looking for healthy Disneyland food. I stick to street tacos, citrus fire-grilled chicken, fish tacos or the Hacienda chicken caesar salad with black beans on the side.
Healthy Disneyland Snacks
- Harbour Galley serves salads to-go and fresh fruit, located in Critter Country but near the Haunted Mansion.
- Tropical Imports in Frontierland is your go-to place for fresh fruits and vegetables sold a-la-cart.
- Tiki Juice Bar is what everyone’s talking about, soft serve pineapple Dole Whip and fresh pineapple spears are on the menu. Head inside the Enchanted Tiki Room queue and try the line there which is often shorter.
- Tropical Hideaway is new in 2019, also serving up Dole Whips and new flavors of Dole Whips including raspberry and orange.
- Troubadour Tavern located near “it’s a small world”; this often overlooked snack shack has baked potatoes for a quick bite to eat.
- Fruit Stands are located on Main Street, in Tomorrowland and other places around the park.
- Frozen Bananas throughout the park also make a great treat while still staying healthy.
For more healthy dining options throughout the Disneyland Resort, read our article on Weight Watchers at Disneyland.What healthy dishes will you try on your next Disneyland vacation? Tell us what food you love, what items we missed and help us make our Healthy Disneyland Dining Guide the most complete healthy Disneyland resource online.
Disneyland expert who also loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.