We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
If you’re going to Disneyland in January 2019, here’s your guide to planning a magical trip to the Happiest Place on Earth from the Disneyland experts.
Updated for 2019!
You’ve got to get to Disneyland in January 2019, true I say this every month but 2019 brings not only a whole new year but a ton of new offerings to Disneyland Resort. Keep reading for all the details.
Disneyland in January Tickets
Tickets are often your biggest expense, besides the travel associated with getting to the park itself. The good news is, Disneyland hasn’t raised their ticket prices just yet. We expect prices to go up in early 2019, but you can get multi-day tickets at 2018 prices from our ticket partner right now. Get your Disneyland discount tickets from our partner, Get Away Today before heading over to Disneyland Resort.
Have questions on booking your tickets? I bet I have an answer for you.
Can I get one day discount Disneyland tickets? One day tickets will cost you the most money per day because only Disneyland itself sells one day tickets. If you’re looking for a discount one day ticket to Disneyland, you will need to visit during weekdays typically during the school calendar year. Because of demand-based pricing, you could pay anywhere from $97 to $185 for just one day! Compare that to buying a two day ticket from Get Away Today at $208 and you could pay only $23 more to spend 2 days at Disneyland Resort rather than 1 day.
Save Even More with Multi-Day Tickets! The more days you visit Disneyland Resort, the less you pay per day. Multi-day tickets have no blackout dates, so you can travel anytime in 2019. If you’re doing Disneyland on a budget, do not buy your tickets from Disney. You’ll be paying top dollar with no discounts! Instead, buy your discount Disneyland tickets from Get Away Today (the first company to ever work direct with Disneyland to sell authorized tickets!). P.S. when you add a hotel use promo code HAPPIEST10 for an extra $10 off your vacation package.
Disneyland in January 2019 Calendar
I’m gonna tell you the truth, I hate crowd calendars. Why? They’re usually wrong and give people a false sense of hope, making them feel that they’re going to Disneyland when no one else in the world will be there. That being said, this is not a Disneyland crowd calendar in a traditional sense. Our Disneyland calendar notes major holidays, school breaks and Disneyland Resort events and is updated monthly. Be sure to check back as your date gets closer. The colors denote the following:
- Pink- high to max capacity
- Yellow- medium to high capacity
- Green- medium capacity
I don’t list a “low capacity” day because I feel it’s better to be prepared for crowds and be pleasantly surprised than the opposite. Hang in there, you can do this!
What’s happening at Disneyland in January 2019? And why do I have the calendar mapped out like I do? Here is a highlight of all the awesome things going on in January and how you can make the most of your Disneyland vacation:
- January 1-7, 2019 the holiday season wraps up and most offerings conclude end of day on January 7th.
- January 8, 2019 Festival of Holidays ends at Disney California Adventure park.
- January 18 and into 2019 the all new “Mickey’s Mix Magic” a fireworks and projections show arrives. Sources say fireworks and projections will run on weekends and holidays, while projections only will run on low-season weekdays.
- January 25, 2019 through February 17, 2019 Lunar New Year celebrates the Year of the Pig.
- January 25, 2019 and into 2019 find Captain Marvel herself as she joins the line up of Marvel characters in California Adventure park.
- January 25, 2019 and into 2019 Mickey’s Soundsational parade returns to Disneyland park.
Disneyland in January Park Plans
Don’t stress over Disneyland, let us plan your day in the parks for you and skip most of the waiting often associated with Disneyland. Buy your ready-to-go itinerary, complete with convenient ready-to-print files to take with you on your trip.
Disneyland Storybook Plan at Disneyland Park (kid-friendly and kid-focused touring plan)
Princess Plan at Disneyland Park (a Princess lover’s dream come true)
Thrill Seekers at Disneyland Park (roller coasters and thrills to explore)
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Check out more Disneyland Plans here.
Disneyland in January 2019 Ride Closures
Disneyland ride closures fluctuate quite a bit throughout the year. Some rides might not be closed the entire month and sometimes there is no notice for closures. Be sure to check out the official Disneyland app for closures during your visit.
- Astro Orbitor (1/7 to TBA)
- Haunted Mansion (1/7 through 18th)
- Grizzly River Run (1/8-TBA, closed in 2018 at this same time)
- “it’s a small world” holiday (22- through the 31st)
- Sailing Ship Columbia (23-TBA)
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough (1/17 through spring)
- Sleeping Beauty Castle exterior (1/8 through spring)
- Fantasmic! (1/22 through spring)
Disneyland expert who loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.