Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort Convention Center is an ideal location for both Disneyland and the Anaheim Convention Center, with clean rooms, full kitchen, free hot breakfast and pet-friendly accommodations. Residence Inn is located in the hub of Convention Center hotels that provides all the best amenities with the comforts of home.
My most recent stay at Residence Inn near Disneyland was June 2023 for five nights.
It’s so hard to choose a favorite hotel in Anaheim near Disneyland Park. I’ve stayed at so many and every time I stay at a new one, it becomes my favorite. Favorites also totally depend on what you’re looking for. Disneyland Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort Convention Center fits all types of guests with suite style rooms and business must-haves. I bet there’s something for you here.
Table of Contents
Quick Info Residence Inn Convention Center
- Sleeps up to 8 guests, but most rooms sleep up to 6 guests.
- Standard room has 2 Queen beds and 1 Queen sofa bed
- Full kitchen with full size fridge, freezer, small stove, small dishwasher, microwave
- Free full breakfast daily
- Walk to Disneyland Resort and Anaheim Convention Center
- Self parking in nearby parking structure
- Discount parking when you book with my partners
Compare Residence Inn to Good Neighbor Hotels
Residence Inn is a Disneyland Good Neighbor hotel and there are plenty more in Anaheim. But I like to group hotels in similar brands and/or offerings so you can make easy comparisons. Plus, I’ve likely stayed at each place you’re considering so always feel free to reach out to me on social media @DisneylandPlan or here in the comments.
Residence Inn joins several other Marriott hotels within a 15 or so minute drive to Disneyland, here’s a quick recap of all the Marriott options, along with some similar properties to Residence Inn.
- JW Marriott means luxury. It’s often the most expensive of all the Marriott brands in Anaheim, but also a high end name brand you can trust. This location is a short drive to Disneyland. Ideal for couples.
- Anaheim Marriott Convention Center is located a bit farther than Residence Inn, but is a prime location next to the convention center and serves business guests.
- Courtyard Marriott Water Park is a higher price point but the huge water park is a pull for families.
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area is actually located in Garden Grove. It is farther from the Disneyland area, but does have some affordable multi-room suites and basketball court.
- Springhill Inn & Suites by Marriott is right next to Residence Inn and they often share the same parking garage. Similar type of stays with a different room options and interior vibe.
- Hyatt House is another free breakfast, full kitchen and suite type of family hotel to consider.
Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort Convention Center is the hotel we’ll be reviewing here and one of my top Marriott picks for affordable comfort that’s close to Disneyland.
Residence Inn Convention Center Location
Disneyland Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort Convention Center is located at 640 W. Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802. Get to Residence Inn quickly from John Wayne Airport (SNA) or Long Beach (LBG) in about 30 minutes or less, depending on traffic.
Read more about the nearest Disneyland airports here. In addition to the close proximity to Disneyland, other popular points of interest include The Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim Garden Walk, House of Blues Anaheim, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, and more.
Is this hotel walkable?
Yes, Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort Convention Center is about a 15 minute walk to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park’s main gates. This location is less than 5 minutes to the Convention Center.
Here are the best ways to get to Disneyland from Residence Inn:
- Walk. Look north from the hotel and you’ll see California Adventure landmarks like the back of Cars Land and Guardians of the Galaxy attraction. Head north on Harbor and you’ll be at Disneyland in no time.
- Uber. If walking isn’t your thing you can always grab an Uber, just enter Disneyland Harbor Blvd drop off as your destination. Super simple. Sometimes I Uber it home at the end of the day but mornings I am typically good to go.
- Toy Story Shuttle. The free shuttle from Toy Story lot is available, but the walk there is about as long as going to Disneyland itself. If you prefer the shuttle, walk south on Harbor after crossing east at Katella and Harbor.
- ART Shuttle (Anaheim Rapid Transit) is an option, but one I don’t use myself.
Full kitchen, separate bedrooms in select suites, pool and outdoor amenities all with the comforts of home away from home.
Some rooms face Disney California Adventure Park and you can see all the lights on at night! I love that view, especially seeing so many of my favorite attractions from a resort view window. Can you spot Guardians of the Galaxy in Avengers Campus?
Is this hotel walkable?
Yes, Disneyland Residence Inn is about a 10-15 minute walk to Disneyland’s main gates. The video in this article shows the walk and a tour of the room.
Here’s the best ways to get to Disneyland from Residence Inn:
- Walk. It’s a straight shot from the intersection of Harbor and Katella about a 15 minutes to Disneyland.
- Toy Story Shuttle. You can also head the opposite way on Harbor to catch the free Toy Story Shuttle, but the walk is just about the same, and you still have to wait on the shuttle. It’s faster to walk.
- Uber it! For those headed to the Anaheim Convention Center, the walk will be about 5 minutes, or grab an Uber and head to Disneyland in minutes and save your feet!
This is a great spot that’s not too far from anything, but I recommend it if your kids are super good about walking or if you’re using a stroller. I also like how close it is to CVS and the main Harbor hub with access to everything you’ll need. When you want the extended stay perks near Disneyland and a walking distance hotel, book using my discount code DLPlan here.
Disneyland Residence Inn Rooms
Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort Convention Center gives you all the comforts of home during your Disneyland vacation.
Two of the most popular room types sleep 6 or 8 guests each—perfect for larger families. These rooms feel so spread out and I really enjoy having the extra counter space, large fridge and more. Our family has stayed here for both Disneyland and Convention Center visits. It’s perfect for having food in the fridge to cook or microwave and save money.
Here are the room types available at Residence Inn Anaheim Convention Center:
- 2 Queens and Sofa Bed One Bedroom Suite room has two queen beds in a separate room, one sofa pull out bed in the living area, bathroom with a shower, full kitchen with stove, dishwasher, coffee maker, microwave, full size refrigerator and freezer.
- 2 Queens and Sofa Bed, Bunk Bed Two Bedroom Family Suite room has two queen beds and bathroom. The little room with bunk beds and a door connects to a bathroom themed for kids. The room also has one sofa pull out bed in the main living area with a full kitchen, coffee maker, microwave, stove, dishwasher, refrigerator and freezer.
I always enjoy staying at Residence Inn Anaheim The space and open feeling of these suites make it so comfortable to work and play no matter the occasion.
It’s also nice to note that in the standard suite, there is a lock on the sliding / barn style bathroom door. Some hotels leave that out, and it’s nice to not worry about privacy.
Disneyland Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort Convention Center available to book now with my promo code DLPlan.
Residence Inn Convention Center Breakfast
Even with a fully equipped kitchen in your room, there’s a chance you’re going to want to, you know, be on vacation too.
So that means a little break from cooking. Breakfast is served.
You’ll find a daily spread of hot breakfast options like eggs, potatoes and meat, along with cereal, yogurt, juice, pastries, coffee and more. My kids enjoyed making their own Mickey waffles, bagels and sipping hot cocoa or apple juice every morning.
It’s also super easy to pick up a few in room groceries things at their on-site convenience store. Book your stay here along with discount Disneyland tickets now.
Disneyland Residence Inn Bonus
Need more reasons you should book a stay at Disneyland Residence Inn? Besides its location next to Disneyland theme parks and the Anaheim Convention Center, I loved the many perks of this location and hotel.
- Great location
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Free Wi-Fi (it was fast at all times of day for me!)
- On-site laundry
- Ample indoor and outdoor shared spaces
- Rooftop pool, hot tub and splash pad with lots of lounge space
- Pet friendly hotel near Disneyland
If you’re familiar with the Residence Inn brand, this hotel just might be calling your name!
Final thoughts on Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort Convention Center . . . the price is fantastic for everything is offers during your vacation.
Since I’ve now stayed here multiple times, I can say it’s one of the best, closest and most affordable Marriott properties to the main gates of Disneyland.
Is Residence Inn the perfect place for your family near Disneyland? Share your thoughts and book your stay at Disneyland Residence Inn at Anaheim Resort Convention Center here.