We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
This is part two of my Healthy Disneyland food guide, Healthy Eats at Disney California Adventure. Because I believe finding healthy food at Disneyland shouldn’t be hard. I want to give you all the info you need to continue living your best life while on vacation.
If you want to eat healthy at Disneyland Resort and California Adventure without packing a full cooler and picnic lunch, this article is for you. After all, it is vacation! My goal for this healthy eats article is to give you at least one healthier option from California Advneture’s most popular quick service and table service restaurants.While “healthy” has different definitions for everyone, I want anyone who is looking to stay on track to be able to enjoy their Disneyland trip without living solely off of apples and bananas. Did you miss part one of this series? See my healthy guide to Disneyland Park here.
Healthy Food Disney California Adventure | Nutrition Facts
California Adventure Nutrition Facts & Calories. Disney does not make public the nutrition facts for their food. Major bummer. When I wrote to Disneyland dining services about access to nutritional information, there response was, “We are not able to provide Guests with nutritional information. However, we are happy to attempt to work within any dietary requests and may suggest some menu alternatives that may satisfy the request.”
The fact that Disneyland doesn’t share calorie counts and other nutritional information is a huge disappointment. It makes our healthy eating habits a bit of a challenge. One solution is using apps like My Fitness Pal which offers a limited database of their “best guess” for Disneyland food, calories and nutrition content. I’ve also created these additional dining guides to help keep you on track:
Remember, no matter what eating plan you’re following, there are still healthy options. Don’t be afraid to ask for fresh fruit instead of fries or other fresh options like bagged carrots or apple slices (the latter two are great to carry with you for a quick pick-me-up).
California Adventure Mickey Check Meal
Disney has the right idea with their “Mickey Check Meal.” Select kids’ meals (but you can order them too!) are designated as a “Mickey Check Meal” which means they “meet Disney Nutrition Guidelines that limit calories, saturated fat, sodium, and sugar.”
Kids Disney Check Meals have 600 calories or less when eaten as a complete meal and includes 3 or more food groups. On a recent visit, I at this Turkey Sandwich Kids Disney Check Meal from Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe at Disneyland, but there are several places at Disney California Adventure that serve a version of Mickey Check Meals including:
- Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, turkey meatball sandwich
- Lucky Fortune Cookery, chicken, veggies and steamed rice
- Pacific Wharf Cafe turkey sandwich
Disney California Adventure Dietary & Allergy Concerns
If you’re coming to Disneyland Resort with special dietary and allergy concerns, you can use these resources as a starting point:
- Most restaurants offer no-sugar-added, low-fat, low-sodium and vegetarian options. Advance arrangements are not needed, just discuss your needs with your server upon arrival.
- Gluten-free dining at Disneyland is simpler than you think. Check out our easy guide to Gluten-free Disneyland food.
- Are you counting points on the Weight Watchers plan? See what I ate doing Weight Watchers at Disneyland.
- Low carbs and keeping it Keto at Disneyland is possible.
Healthy Food Disney California Adventure | Restaurants
Table service restaurants encourage reservations. You can make reservations 60 days in advance on the Disneyland App. Set a reminder on your phone to make reservations right on that 60 day mark. The photo below meal is from Wine Country Trattoria at California Adventure. It’s one of my favorite dishes at Disneyland and I always order it when I dine at Wine Country.
- Carthay Circle is fine dining at California Adventure. I love a leisurely meal there, escaping the busy scene below. The menu changes here seasonally but you can expect a fresh salad, catch of the day and other lean meats.
- Wine Country Trattoria is home to my favorite salmon dish ever. Super healthy if you can avoid too much of the sauce on the side.
Healthy Food Disney California Adventure | Quick Service
Quick service restaurants are available without reservations, and now that Disneyland has implemented mobile dining orders via the Disneyland app, you can order your food and pick it up at your convenience with little to no wait.
- Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta offers a Boardwalk Field of Greens with fresh Greens topped with Tomatoes, Blue Cheese, Cucumbers, Dried Cranberries, Caramelized Pecans and Golden Raisins with a Basil Vinaigrette. See full menu here.
- Cocina Cucamonga has a couple of really tasty options for healthy eaters, citrus achiote-marinated half chicken with black beans and rice or a similar option in salad form.
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe on Buena Vista Street has good healthy breakfast choices like spinach, feta and egg white wrap. They also have a couple salads for lunch or dinner.
- Pacific Wharf Cafe has Chinese chicken salad (be careful with the add ons here) and a chicken salad served on greens.
- Paradise Garden Grill‘s menu changes seasonally, but one item I love is their Greek Salad, served with a pita. There’s enough for two!
- Smokejumpers Grill has a grilled chicken sandwich for a healthier choice.
Headed to Disneyland soon? Don’t forget to grab discount park tickets here.
Healthy Food Disney California Adventure | Snacks & Sweets
Snacks are available at every turn and it’s easy to let those delicious smells over take you. But there are plenty of good fuel options too.
- Fairfax Market serves fresh fruit, located just as you walk into Hollywood Land.
- Fillmores Taste-in in Cars Land is your go-to place for fresh fruits and vegetables sold a-la-cart.
- Adorable Snow Man is what everyone’s talking about, soft lemon ice cream, which is better than most treats in the park for those watching their calories.
Tell us what food you love, what items we missed and help us make our Healthy Disneyland Dining Guide the most complete healthy Disneyland resource online. What healthy food will you try on your next visit to California Adventure.