We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Disney California Adventure and pregnant? No, this has nothing to do with which pregnant Kardashian was spotted at Disneyland Resort lately. This is for the mamas and mamas-to-be who are heading to Disneyland Resort with a baby bump (and if you happen to be a pregnant celeb, this works for you too!).
You’re absolutely glowing and it’s a great time to take some cute maternity pics with an embroidered Mickey hat—and then what? What’s a pregnant lady to do at Disney California Adventure?
I’ve definitely had my share of time at Disney California Adventure with babies, but today we’ve got everything you need to know if you’re at Disney California Adventure and pregnant. Plus, a pregnancy freebie at the end so keep reading.
Note: This is not medical advice, always consult your physician before riding any attractions.
Disney and Pregnant: Rumors
We covered the rumor mill in our original article Disneyland and pregnant but just incase it’s not clear, let’s get this out of the way. Do not attempt to deliver your baby at California Adventure or Disneyland Resort. Your child will NOT get a lifetime pass or even free churros on every visit. Read more about this urban legend here.
Another rumor that’s circulating the web is a “pregnancy pass” to skip the lines. This is a little misleading. Disneyland uses the Disability Access Pass, which pregnant women might be offered on rare occasions. Typically, they will just refer you to renting a wheel chair instead and you can read those guidelines here. But be warned, you will not skip waiting, you will just be given a return time and are free to do something else while you wait. This just makes it easier on your feet and body.
Disney and Pregnant: Savings
What’s not a Disney and Pregnant rumor? You can get discount Disneyland tickets with our partners at Get Away Today, plus enjoy even more savings when you combine tickets with a hotel. Use promo code Happiest10 and save an additional $10 on qualifying Disneyland packages.
Staying at a nearby hotel is a lifesaver for pregnant mamas. I prefer the area on Harbor Blvd., just across the street from the main gates. Plenty of hotels here have affordable prices, free breakfast (eating for two right?) and hot tub to soak your feet in after a long day at Disney (safety first, feet only in that hot tub!).
Disney and Pregnant: What to Ride
The first thing pregnant women at Disney want to know is, “Is it worth going? What can I ride anyway?” Yes, it’s absolutely worth going. And here’s why.
California Adventure Attractions (see photos of seating arrangements here) that are Pregnancy Approved but remember to always check with your doctor first:
- Animation Academy. Learn to draw your favorite Disney characters in a nice air conditioned room.
- Frozen-Live at the Hyperion! Broadway style musical in air conditioned building. Ask to be seated closer to the front so you’ll have less stairs to climb.
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind. What used to be Flik’s Flyers in a bug’s land has a whole new look and location at Pixar Pier.
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure. Just like the classic dark rides at Disneyland Park, it’s smooth sailing on this journey under the sea.
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel. If you’re okay to go up and down on a critter, hop aboard–otherwise there are a couple of benches available to keep things stable.
- Red Car Trolley. Take a ride down Buena Vista Street and through Hollywood Land. Stops along the route make it easy to jump on and off whenever you’d like.
- Sorcerer’s Workshop. A hidden gem in Hollywood Land with hands on activities you do at your own pace.
- Toy Story Midway Mania. Turns are smooth but may be a little too quick, so be aware of that before boarding this interactive, gaming attraction.
- Turtle Talk with Crush. Duuudddde! Get face to face with Crush from the Nemo movies and chat about cool stuff.
- Pixar Pal-A-Round. Stable gondola only for the traditional ferris wheel ride.
- Monsters Inc, Mike & Sulley to the Rescue. Join Mike & Sulley on an adventure to get Boo home.
Disney and Pregnant: Don’t Ride
Next we’re talking what not to ride. The list of prohibited rides is relatively short so you can actually enjoy a Disneyland vacation even when you’re pregnant.
- California Screamin’
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Grizzly River Run
- Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
- Radiator Springs Racers
Disney and Pregnant: Rest Spots
If your feet just need a break but your kids are still busy and ready to play at the parks, you can let them run around in another favorite play area Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in Grizzly Peak.
Disney and Pregnant: Must Haves
First the fun stuff. Order your baby a custom Mickey Ears hat and take some maternity photos with the hat at Disneyland. How adorable is that?
To really be prepared for a day at Disneyland while you’re pregnant, we have a few suggestions. If your feet just aren’t having it or that crazy sciatic nerve is acting up, consider an ECV rental.
I’ve also heard great things about the AZMED Maternity Belt to help support your belly and back during a long day on your feet. Made of breathable fabric, it’s a top seller with stellar reviews to match.
A few other things you can bring to help make your day easier . . .
Shade is super important for mamas-to-be. I adore this classic Mickey Mouse umbrella for instant access to shade anytime you need it. This same umbrella is also available in a super cute Minnie Mouse print.
Along with shade, keeping cool means staying hydrated. If you’re anything like me you own a ton of water bottles. I tend to buy whatever’s on sale.
My husband on the other hand, buys high-quality, well-researched insulated water bottles. Wherever he takes them, his drinks are always ice cold while mine end up on the warmer side.
This stainless steel insulated water bottle comes with top ratings guaranteed to keep your drinks cooler, longer. Plus, they come in tons of cute colors and have a straw!
While we’re on the subject, you’ll want to download the official Disneyland app for a quick restroom locater. How awesome is that?!
Don’t forget to print out your Disneyland Plan, made just for expectant mamas and their group. This details what to ride and in what order. I’ve even added a list of sweet and salty cravings you must indulge in! This plan includes both 1 day at Disneyland and 1 day at California Adventure.
Do you have any Disneyland and pregnant tips we can we add to our guide to help other expecting moms- let us know in the comments section below.
Disneyland expert who loves the beach, flip flops and pink nail polish.