We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Disneyland Resort Pixar Pier is here to stay! Pixar Pier was first introduced to us during Pixar Fest in 2018, but there’s still plenty of Pixar to see at Disneyland Resort. Keep reading for more details.
Pixar Pier arrived at a grand opening event in June 2018 and Pixar Fest kicked off on April 13, 2018. While Pixar Fest and a limited-time return of Paint the Night Parade concluded on September 3, 2018, there’s still plenty of Pixar to explore at Disneyland Resort.
Pixar Pier Rides
Pixar Pier debuted as a new land in California Adventure Park in 2018. What once was Paradise Pier is now Pixar Pier and Paradise Gardens Park. Pixar Pier boasts some of the most popular attractions at California Adventure. See how you can ride them all with our Disneyland Plan ride guide.
Incredicoaster at Pixar Pier
The all new Incredicoaster, previously California Screamin‘ has an entirely new look, sound and storyline. Incredicoaster has a stand-by line, FASTPASS option, Single Rider, Rider Switch and a photo to download at the end of your ride.
- Height requirements 48 inches or taller.
- Seating two by two in a traditional roller coaster car with overhead, pull down harness.
- Waiting outdoors in a somewhat shaded queue.
- What we love the thrills of this classic and twisted roller coaster, plus the smell of Jack-Jack cookie num nums as you ride.
- What we loathe it can make some people a little nauseated.
- Insider secrets take your kids on Jessie’s Critter Carousel next door if you’re using Rider Switch.
Incredicoaster is also open during Extra Magic Hour. See how you can qualify for Extra Magic Hour at California Adventure park here.
Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind at Pixar Pier
There’s so many cute spots to take photos in front of this attraction and during the ride. Even the interactive queue for little ones is so much fun. It’s also adorable at night, so be sure to stroll by then as well.
A new family attraction at Pixar Pier (yes this is Flik’s Flyers rethemed and relocated).
- Height requirements any height can ride, including babies and pregnant women.
- Seating in a core memory hot air balloon for about 4 or 5 people.
- Waiting outside in a short queue.
- What we love seeing Pixar Pier from above.
- What we loathe the massive amounts of spinner type rides in the same area and into Paradise Gardens Park.
- Insider secrets a great attraction for Rider Switch users at Incredicoaster.
Back when it was Flik’s Flyers, my whole family could fit in one! Today the kids are growing, and we can’t quite squeeze in like we used to. Need more detailed ride lists like this one? See this article for all the info.
Jessie’s Critter Carousel at Pixar Pier
Jessie’s Critter Carousel occupies the space where King Triton’s Carousel stood. This ins’t just a new coat of pain, it has completely new critters and animals to ride with, a new song and a beautiful new photo spot right in front with Jessie herself. Jessie’s Critter Carousel has a stand-by line only.
- Height requirements any height can ride.
- Seating on one of many critters available.
- Waiting outdoors and usually less than 10 minutes.
- What we love proximity to Incredicasoter.
- What we loathe waiting longer than a few minutes for a standard attraction.
- Insider secrets take turns with your kids on Jessie’s Critter Carousel while another adult rides Incredicasoter next door.
Pixar Pal-A-Round at Pixar Pier
This is the exact same attraction as its former name, Mickey’s Fun Wheel. The only different really is new Pixar themed gondolas.
- Height requirements any height can ride.
- Seating inside a spacious gondola with room for about 4 people.
- Waiting outdoors and usually around 20 minutes.
- What we love going up and over California Adventure Park.
- What we loathe the swinging gondolas, notice the barf bags inside—not a good sign.
- Insider Secrets opt for the stationary gondola aboard what many call Mickey’s Wheel of Death.
Toy Story Midway Mania at Pixar Pier
Toy Story Midway Mania has been here through the transformation from Paradise Pier into Pixar Pier and we’re so glad it fits the theme perfectly. Toy Story Midway Mania has a stand-by line and FASTPASS option.
- Height requirements any height can ride.
- Seating in a swiveling carnival car fit for 2 or 3.
- Waiting mostly outdoors in a pretty boring queue besides seeing Mr. Potato Head.
- What we love competing against others in this video game carnival.
- What we loathe long waits for this very popular ride.
- Insider secrets don’t waste your energy during the practice rounds, save it for the real thing!
Pixar Pier Food & Dining
There’s so many delicious things to eat at Pixar Pier, from famous lobster nachos and fancy drinks to lemon soft-serve and gooey chocolate chip cookies.
Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats
Mobile ordering to the rescue! The line for these lemon flavored treats is always long. I love using the Disneyland App to place a mobile order for so many food items around the resort.
If quick eats are your jam, you’ve gotta stop by the best hot dog stand in all of Disneyland Resort. Angry Dogs is located right by Pixar Pal-A-Round.
Choose from classic all-beef hot dogs or a spicy Angry Dog, with your choice of toppings. Stand up seating near the location and sit-down spots are available just around the corner at Paradise Gardens Park.
Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff
Hidden inside this colorful shop of merchandise that features Bing Bong himself, you’ll find Memory Refreshers.
These slushies have become a summer staple for our family. We’ve tried all the various combinations offered and they’re so good! We usually split one for two people and we always have enough to go around.
Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums
You can’t miss this little food cart near Incredicoaster. The smell alone will bring you in, and you get a little preview of it during your ride on Incredicoaster.
These chocolate chip cookies are huge and served warm. The food cart also has milk, water and gluten-free “Incredicookie” which is a blackberry jam-filled treat.
In the space formerly occupied by Ariel’s Grotto and Cove Bar, meet and eat at Lamplight Lounge. This restaurant and bar is the headlining foodie attraction at Pixar Pier.
Open for brunch on select days and serving up lobster nachos, cocktails and mocktails, all in a fabulous Pixar Setting. Read my entire Lamplight Lounge review here with tips on getting a reservation and what to order.
Poultry Palace is a giant kid meal with a toy Zurg on top, inspired by Pixar’s short, “Toy Story Toon: Small Fry“. Come here for a quick bite to eat with a round of drumsticks for the whole family.
Señor Buzz Churro
The classic churro flavor makes an appearance on Pixar Pier. You can order the regular cinnamon sugar or a caliente spicy churro.
Pixar Pier Characters, Shopping & More
You’d think we’d be done by now, but there’s still more to explore at Pixar Pier. One popular thing to do at Pixar Pier is to meet your favorite Pixar characters.
There’s quite a few Pixar favorites you can meet. Shop all your favorite Pixar character merchandise here before you go.
- Buzz Lightyear, Bo Peep, Woody & Jessie from Toy Story
- Edna Mode, Frozone, Mr. Incredible & Mrs. Incredible from The Incredibles
- Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Inc.
- Russell from Up
- Joy & Sadness from Inside Out
- See where you can find your favorite Disney and Pixar characters here
Pixar Shopping & Games
The boardwalk games from Paradise Pier are still here but now they’re Pixar Promenade Games. Some games are based on skill, but there is one game where everyone is a winner.
To play one of these Pixar-themed games, head to the small kiosk nearby to load money on a game card.
Ready to pick up some Pixar merchandise? The biggest selection is definitely here at Pixar Pier, in their two shops: Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff and Knick Knacks (by Lamplight Lounge). I love this Pixar Ball Mini Backpack from the Disney Store, you can grab it before your trip as the perfect Pixar Pier accessory.
The best souvenir in my opinion is Bing Bong himself! This stuffed plush even smells like cotton candy! Still need Disneyland discount tickets? Snag those before heading over to Disneyland Resort. Plus, enjoy an extra $10 off when booking a hotel stay of two nights or more. Use promo code DisneylandPlan at checkout when you click my affiliate link above.
Looking Back: Paradise Pier & Pixar Fest
What was once Paradise Pier has become two distinct lands—Pixar Pier and Paradise Gardens Park. Let’s take a look back at the first announcement of Pixar Pier and throw it back to the Pixar Fest celebration that started it all.
In July 2017, I was there at D23 Expo when Bob Chapek announced an overhaul to California Adventure’s Paradise Pier and the arrival of an exciting new celebration to Disneyland Resort, Pixar Fest. In April 2018, guests were immersed in all things friendship and Pixar.
Some attractions were assigned to new areas, even though they didn’t move locations:
- Toy Story Midway Mania – Pixar Pier
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish – Paradise Gardens Park
- Silly Symphony Swings – Paradise Gardens Park
- Goofy’s Sky School – Paradise Gardens Park
- Golden Zephyr – Paradise Gardens Park
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure – Paradise Gardens Park
The following was first published in November of 2017 and is mostly unedited for your historical enjoyment.
Pixar Fest is part of the celebration to kick off the arrival of newly reimagined and permanent, Pixar Pier. What you once knew as Paradise Pier will be transformed (keep reading for more details on both Pixar Pier and Paradise Gardens Park) into an area for Pixar characters to celebrate their stories through Disney attractions and more.
Pixar Pier, along with new rides open June 23, 2018. Erin Glover, writer at Disney Parks Blog explains, “You will discover whimsical neighborhoods filled with your friends from ‘The Incredibles,’ ‘Inside Out’ and even more of your pals from ‘Toy Story.”
- Pixar Pier will celebrate Pixar with four distinct neighborhoods from Pixar favorites. The first neighborhood is themed with something “Incredible” in mind, anchored by a refreshed Incredicoaster, updating California Screamin’.
- The next area is Toy Story themed and inspired by Inside Out. This area will be anchored by the popular Toy Story Midway Mania, and we expect a new family-friendly attraction, scheduled to open at a later date on the western side of the boardwalk.
- The fourth neighborhood represents a combination of Pixar favorites, and includes Pixar Pal-A-Round (formely Mickey’s Fun Wheel) with a new Pixar look to each gondola. Mickey, however will remain the face of this ride. The Games of the Boardwalk, will be replaced with Pixar inspired games.
Dining at Pixar Pier takes on a new stage for this area of the park. Gone are the beloved Ariel’s Grotto and Cover Bar, entering a new lounge and grill: Lamplight Lounge. Both locations will close in January, with Cove Bar reopening briefly in April for Pixar Fest, before closing again for its final overhaul.
More Pixar Pier Dining Options:
- Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats selling ice cream cones and frozen treats like before, but with a new look and name
- Señor Buzz Churros serving up those must-have Disney churros
- Angry Dogs serving hot dogs just like the old hot dog spot here on the pier
What about Paradise Gardens, Jumpin’ Jellyfish, Silly Symphony Swings, Goofy’s Sky School, Golden Zephyr and The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure? That area of Paradise Pier is now a new land called Paradise Gardens Park.
Pixar Fest Fireworks “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular”
Guests visiting Disneyland Park will enjoy the celebration of lasting and unlikely friendships through a dazzling display of fireworks and projections throughout the park.
Similar to projections displayed during the Diamond Celebration’s Disneyland Forever Fireworks, you’ll see Pixar stories come to life on Sleeping Beauty Castle, over the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A.
And instead of Tinker Bell, Buzz Lightyear will fly over Sleeping Beauty Castle to infinity and beyond! You’ll also get to see the house from Up! fly over during the fireworks show.
Pixar Fest Parades
Two popular parades return to Disneyland Resort during Pixar Fest, but swap parks to make things even more magical.
Paint the Night will run nightly at California Adventure Park with ample viewing options along its wide and lengthy parade route. Pixar Play Parade will make its first appearance at Disneyland Park during day time hours, replacing Mickey’s Soundsational Parade.
Pixar Play Parade will kick off with a new float sporting the familiar Pixar lamp shining a light on the rolling pixar ball. New elements, including an UP float and Inside Out join the Pixar Play Parade during Pixar Fest.
Pixar Shorts Film Festival
I lava me some Pixar shorts, don’t you? Catch your favorites during Pixar Fest at the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land of California Adventure.
Experience Pixar at Disney California Adventure with our Pixar Favorites Disneyland Plan. This guide offers a step by step outline for your day at California Adventure so you can spend more time riding, less time waiting and enjoy your vacation at Disneyland Resort.
What are you looking forward on Pixar Pier at Disneyland Resort?