We may earn money or other compensation from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Thanksgiving at Disneyland Resort sounds like the most magical of holidays: no cooking, no cleaning and no crazy relatives. Well I’m not sure about that last one, but if you’re planning a Thanksgiving trip to Disneyland here is everything you need to know even in 2020.
Disneyland Thanksgiving Dinner 2020
Looking for a day out, a day of relaxation and maybe some shopping? Downtown Disney is ready to celebrate Thanksgiving with special dining you only get once a year.
2020 means thinking outside the parks, but don’t forget to snag reservations because locations at Downtown Disney will fill up fast due to limited capacity.
La Brea Bakery Cafe Thanksgiving Dinner
- Adults Turkey Dinner. Oven Roasted Turkey Breast with Gravy, Corn Bread Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Green Beans, House-made Cranberry Sauce, and Apple Pie with Whipped Cream.
- Kids’ Turkey Dinner. Oven Roasted Turkey Breast with Gravy, Corn Bread Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Green Beans, and House-made Cranberry Sauce.
Jazz Kitchen Thanksgiving Dinner
- Slow-roasted Turkey. Andouille Dressing, Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Autumn Vegetables, Apple-Cranberry Chutney, and Giblet Gravy.
- Kid’s Turkey. Yukon Gold Mashed Potato, Green Beans, Giblet Gravy.
- Pumpkin Spice Bread Pudding. Maple Pecan Creme Anglaise, Chantilly Cream.
Black Tap Thanksgiving Dinner
Last year Black Tap got in on the action, so we’ll see if this offering makes a return. Black Tap who’s famous Crazy Shakes are literally over the top!
Disneyland Thanksgiving Dinner Reservations
There are so many places to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner at Disneyland. Some require advance reservations which can be made up to 60 days in advance by calling 714-781-3463. Reservations are expected to open late September or early October, so keep checking back.
Disneyland Hotel Dinner
The most indulgent, incredible spread of Thanksgiving dinner is hosted in the Disneyland Hotel’s Grand Ballroom.
There are typically two reservation sessions:
- Check-in times available for 10:30, 10:45 and 11 am. Thanksgiving dinner will run from 11 am-2 pm.
- Check-in times available for 3:30, 3:45 and 4 pm. Thanksgiving dinner will run from 4 pm-7 pm.
Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving Dinner Price
Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving Dinner in 2019 cost $180 for adults, $70 for kids ages 3-9, and free for children under 3. Prices includes tax and gratuity. Read more about tipping at Disneyland Resort here.
This Thanksgiving Disneyland meal is an over-the-top amazing buffet style meal. Thanksgiving at Disneyland Hotel requires a reservation that can be made 60 days in advance, but often times they don’t open reservations for this meal until closer to the date. Keep an eye on this article for updates.
While you wait to be seated, kids can enjoy a movie and festive fall crafts. Upon checking in, you’ll also receive your special gift which in years past was a Thanksgiving Day button or trading pin. You’ll show this as your parking validation when you exit the hotel.
Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving Day Menu consists of various buffet options, along with an extensive list of eats for kids like chicken nuggets, Mac and cheese and more. But let’s start with a photo of dessert, because why not?
Adults will enjoy all the kid food including these options available for everyone:
- Salad Station featuring spinach blend, harvest blend, vegetable ratatouille blend, sweet potato
- Cold Side Starters with assorted cheeses and meats, smoked salmon, jumbo prawns
- Carving Station with prime rib or beef, chicken, turkey, cranberry sauce, gravy
- Pasta Station with various pastas, accompany meats and sauces, along with vegetarian options
- Soup Station features seasonal soups
- Hot Side Dishes like mashed potatoes, cranberry apple stuffing, sweet potatoes, vegetables and fish
And of course, an abundance of Thanksgiving Day desserts like soft serve ice cream station, chocolate fondue fountain and mini treats all in smaller portions so you can enjoy the variety.
Thanksgiving dinner at the Disneyland Hotel isn’t all about the food. You’ll also be serenaded by live music during your meal.
And enjoy the company of some of your favorite Disney friends. Each family receives a time to visit characters for photo ops so you can have the best Thanksgiving meal possible, without a ton of waiting.
Princesses take turns making a visit, so yours may be different but Snow White and Dopey arrived in style and posed next to the wishing well. Pocahontas and Meeko arrived for the occasion, as well as Pluto, Donald, Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale.
Always the characters, those two! And let’s throw in one more picture of the food because we totally can picture ourselves right here! Each family also received a parting gift as they left.
More Thanksgiving Dinner Reservation Options
Many restaurants across Disneyland Resort jazz up their menus just in time for Thanksgiving day including the following options.
Blue Bayou Thanksgiving Offerings
Dinner at Disneyland Park. Valid theme park admission and reservations are required for this a la carte meal:
- Oven-roasted Turkey with Home-style Gravy
- Pineapple-glazed Ham
- Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Andouille Sausage Stuffing
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Creme Brûlée
Kids’ menu features a traditional turkey dinner.
Cafe Orleans Thanksgiving Menu
Thanksgiving at Disneyland Park. Valid theme park admission and reservations are required for this a la carte meal:
- Thanksgiving Monte Cristo filled with turkey and cheese, served with cranberry sauce and home-style gravy
- Kid-sized Monte Cristo also available
Carthay Circle Thanksgiving Dinner
Thanksgiving feast at California Adventure Park. Valid theme park admission and reservations are required for this a la carte meal:
- Grilled Sierra Foothills Turkey served with Creamed Corn, Turkey Chorizo, Cranberry Fritter, and Natural Jus
- Spiced pumpkin dulce de leche bar
Carnation Cafe Thanksgiving Meal
Special menu at Disneyland Park. Valid theme park admission and reservations are required for this a la carte dish:
- Oven-roasted Turkey Breast with Bourbon Gravy and Cornbread Stuffing
- Kid portion also available
- Pumpkin Pie
Goofy’s Kitchen Thanksgiving Dinner at Disneyland Hotel. Reservations are required, but no theme park admission is needed for this buffet style meal.
Napa Rose Traditional Menu
Thanksgiving at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel. Reservations are required, but no theme park admission is needed for this four course meal, wine country inspired meal, wine pairing optional. Kids’ meal available.
PCH Grill Thanksgiving
Dinner at Paradise Pier Hotel. Reservations are required, but no theme park admission is needed for this buffet style meal.
River Belle Terrace Traditional Turkey Dinner
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Oven-roasted Turkey Breast with Country Pork Belly Stuffing
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Seasonal Vegetables
- Bourbon Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Crème Brûlée Tart
Steakhouse 55 Dinner
Thanksgiving at Disneyland Hotel. Reservations are required, but no theme park admission is needed for the Chef’s Tasting Menu:
- Butternut Squash Tortellini
- Roasted Turkey Wellington
- Pumpkin Brûlée
Thanksgiving at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel. Reservations are required, but no theme park admission is needed for this buffet style meal.
Wine Country Trattoria Thanksgiving Dinner
Dine at California Adventure Park. Valid theme park admission and reservations are required for this a la carte meal featuring:
- Oven-roasted Turkey
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Haricot Verts
- Turkey Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Pie
A traditional turkey dinner for kids is also available.
Thanksgiving Dinner No Reservations Needed
If you’re spending a day in Disneyland Park you may not have time to sit down for a two or three hour Thanksgiving Day meal. Or maybe you missed out on dining reservations, and that’s totally okay.
Here we list the many restaurants across the resort offering seasonal Thanksgiving day menus.
- Flo’s V8 Cafe Fried Chicken with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Seasonal Vegetables.
- French Market Restaurant Southern-style Oven Roasted Half Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, and Seasonal Vegetables.
- Jolly Holiday Thanks-Mas sandwich
- Pacific Wharf Cafe specialty soup in a sourdough bread bowl.
- Paradise Garden Grill Traditional Pork Tamales with Golden Rice and Black Beans, topped with Cheese and Red Chile Sauce.
- Plaza Inn three pieces of Chicken fried to a golden brown and seasoned with distinctive Herbs and Spices, served with Mashed Potatoes, Buttermilk Biscuit and a mixture of Vegetables.
- Turkey Leg Carts throughout the park for turkey on the go.
- Rancho del Zocalo 1/2 Chicken seasoned in a Savory Marinade of Chile and Citrus served with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans.
Thanksgiving at Disneyland Tickets & Crowds
Is it going to be crowded at Disneyland on Thanksgiving? You’d be surprised at how many people want to spend their Thanksgiving day at Disneyland as well. In 2020, even with the theme parks being closed for regular operations, there’s still plenty of Thanksgiving Day options at the resort.
But don’t let that deter you. Even if it’s not completely empty, here’s how to make the most of Thanksgiving at Disneyland:
- Get discount tickets with Disney MaxPass through my ticket partner before your arrival
- Download the official Disneyland app and get familiar with layout layout of the resort
- See what holiday festivities you can enjoy during your Thanksgiving visit
- Print out a Disneyland Plan to get you from ride to ride in less time
- Plan out your Thanksgiving Day dinner which we’ll dive into below
We have covered a lot of food in this short time; I would love to see what you eat at Disneyland on Thanksgiving day, please send your photos to [email protected] to be featured in this article. Need more tips for Disneyland? See our yearly planning guide here for ride closures, new entertainment and more.